Jahlil Okafor 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

those poor 139 ppl added Emeka Okafor  

If you follow the advice on this board you will make 23.7 add/drops per week and end up in the exact same position in your league standings lol

Same position he played in Philly

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

What are peoples' thoughts on how much BK will feed him in the post? I feel they have a lot of shooters in that team... Got rid of Crabbe earlier because of that. Too many options.

Our plan is to run run run and shoot perimeter shots. We try running at least 3 screen plays to open up a shooter until we decide to go inside. Never had a post scorer so that can change but most importantly, i can see okafor shooting some corner 3s. 

If he develops and makes at least 0.7 threes a game lol o man

• Like 1

at this point its all about effort for him, if he shows the effort on both ends of the floor, hes going to be just fine...he was sick of (not)playin in philly, if he has anything in his brain hes takin this as a positive for him and his career and he knows this is his shot to make a real name outta himself...

7 minutes ago, L3onD said:

at this point its all about effort for him, if he shows the effort on both ends of the floor, hes going to be just fine...he was sick of (not)playin in philly, if he has anything in his brain hes takin this as a positive for him and his career and he knows this is his shot to make a real name outta himself...

Yeah I think he is going to be extremely motivated to prove to doubters that he can play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, richg24 said:

wellll let's hope he does this again. i doubt that though. i remember that year in philly...everyone on the team was going off it was one of most fantasy friendly teams ever..then again, nets are very fantasy friendly too. but do we think he will play 30 min? maybe more like 25?

Guess it depends how well he plays really

56 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

Someone scooped him up 15 minutes after the news, while I was asleep. He's my opponent too. I'm leading by a huge margin so far, but still. Damn it.

i got him 2 minutes after the news in my biggest money league... pretty easy to do if you get push notifications from Woj or elsewhere

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

i got him 2 minutes after the news in my biggest money league... pretty easy to do if you get push notifications from Woj or elsewhere

Same here lol....I noticed woj releases the news much earlier than others 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

And they lost nearly every one of those games.

Great players add value to their team, not their individual stats.

Did you see the rest of the team?  Who could have really won with that team?  Why is Okafor the blame for all the losses when he led the team in scoring?

9 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

And they lost nearly every one of those games.

Great players add value to their team, not their individual stats.

I'm not sure where you're going with this... 

The league is full of loser teams. We all can't have standards which limit our fantasy rosters to Warriors, Cavs, Spurs and Celtics players.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

Honestly, it's a crapshoot to predict his role and minutes. No one knows for sure what's going to happen. Atkinson loves his players who can play defense, and Okafor can't stretch the floor at all and isn't a good fit in the system. Yes they do need post scoring and they want to give him an opportunity, but does his skillset warrant a 25-30 minute role in this offense like some of us are predicting, and how big of an opportunity and leash are they going to give him? All these are factors in his fantasy production.

Still, go pick him up if you have someone to drop. The upside is there. But there's also a chance he doesn't produce. It's still better off than staying with the Sixers.

Edited by Espoiral