NBC Sports Edge Forums

Draft tonight - #1 overall pick

Hey guys 

My draft is tonight and keepers have been selected so the available player list has been released. I currently have a young stable of guys and I'm leaning Embiid at #1 but wanted to check with everyone with the guys available. This is a H2H league with 4 keepers. 

My 4: Lillard, Jokic, Turner, porzingis 

Available :

Embiid

Marc Gasol

Mike Conley

Paul Millsap 

CJ McCollum

Andrew Wiggins

I'm leaning Embiid for the massive upside if healthy. 

Thanks

The question will be is he going to be healthy this season or will there be any minutes restriction. Basically there are a lot of what ifs, so I won't urge you to pick him. Go with a safer option for now, for me go Conley.

In life, when you take a risk, it affects your whole life and sometimes the life of your family. In fantasy, you can make a risky choice and all you lose is a few blocks and rebounds.  Go for it !!

38 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

If I go Embiid, is that a clear move I should punt assists?? 

Huh?  You have Lillard as a keeper and Jokic gets you a ton of assists from the C position.  You haven't even drafted yet.  Why would you think that you need to punt assists?  There are plenty of open roster slots to fill your needs in any category. 

Edited by Mobdad
1 minute ago, Mobdad said:

Huh?  You have Lillard as a keeper and Jokic gets you a ton of assists from the C position.  You haven't even drafted yet.  Why would you think that you need to punt assists?

I'm just throwing it out there, as an option. If I go Embiid, that's a lot of stock going towards big men. Just trying to determine if I should punt with those guys or continue to draft normal and get assists in the draft

I would draft normally  and get assists in the draft.  Your next 2 draft picks could be very good assist guys.  Maybe Teague, Schroder, or Rubio.

30 minutes ago, Mobdad said:

I would draft normally  and get assists in the draft.  Your next 2 draft picks could be very good assist guys.  Maybe Teague, Schroder, or Rubio.

Thanks, good point. 

I do have an option to not go Embiid, and draft Conley instead - but I love the embiid upside 

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

Thanks, good point. 

I do have an option to not go Embiid, and draft Conley instead - but I love the embiid upside 

I'd go after Conley just because you already have 3 pretty good big guys as keepers. And the Embiid injuries are always a concern even with the upside.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/676617-how-bad-is-my-team/?tab=comments#comment-7449267

2 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

any more ideas guys??

I'm really torn between Embiid and Conley right now

Agree with the others. You have a really nice choice of bigs in  Jokic, Turner and Porzingis. No need to go a big again and Embiid has so many red flags that you don’t need to make that risk. Conley or McCollum is the right choice. Either one is a great option.