NBC Sports Edge Forums

How to improve this team

10 Team H2H 10 Cat Leauge (DD and TO's extra cats)

Not sure how I feel about my team, got called into work just before my draft so wasn't really concentrating so had a few dodgy picks along the way. Don't feel like I really built well around KAT (Since we are a DD league, a lot of elite bigs go early), so not sure how to improve the team below.

PG: CJ McCollum, Jrue Holiday, Goran Dragic

SG: Gary Harris, Dion Waiters

SF: Draymond Green, Otto Porter Jr., TJ Warren, Marvin Williams

PF: Paul Milsap. JaMychal Green

C: Karl Anthony Towns, Willy Hernangomez

IR: Rajon Rondo

IR: Seth Curry

Post links and WHIR where I can :)

Edited by DamoESP

Thanks for helping on mine. Well, it seems to me that this team has a potential to be a superb punt assist team. You have Seth, Cj, Otto, KAT, Garry Harris which all get huge boosts when punting assists. You'd have to trade Rondo,Draymond and Holiday, maybe also Dragic but that doesn't seem to be a huge problem IMO.  Maybe Draymond for Whiteside? Or something like Draymond, Dragic and Holiday for AD and somebody? It's hard to think of a trade without seeing other teams and I don't have much experience with dd leagues but this seems fine and as I sad, I think your team has potential to be a nice punt assist team

Thanks for helping with mine!

Thanks for the help. 

This is a difficult one, never played with DD. Not sure I'd throw out rondo dray and holiday as both rondo and dray can provide you with DD's. I guess overall you're team isn't all that bad, perhaps lack of direction? Your percentages are good, rebounding should be solid. Perhaps Rondo and Dray are of better value to someone if you do indeed go for punt assist which means you'll get a better return for them?

Any notable on the WW?

6 hours ago, The Jaguar Paw said:

Thanks for helping on mine. Well, it seems to me that this team has a potential to be a superb punt assist team. You have Seth, Cj, Otto, KAT, Garry Harris which all get huge boosts when punting assists. You'd have to trade Rondo,Draymond and Holiday, maybe also Dragic but that doesn't seem to be a huge problem IMO.  Maybe Draymond for Whiteside? Or something like Draymond, Dragic and Holiday for AD and somebody? It's hard to think of a trade without seeing other teams and I don't have much experience with dd leagues but this seems fine and as I sad, I think your team has potential to be a nice punt assist team

Thanks for helping with mine!

Or you can go the opposite way and go with ASTs. You already have Draymond, Millsap(decent passer), Dragic. Imo, you just need one more passing guard to keep up in ASTs. Jrue Holiday plays more like a SG, so keep him if you want to punt assists not trade him lol. 

Edited by fairfantasy
add

You didn't come away too bad, though your team has a hodge podge of cats going on. As mentioned above, punt assists could've been an option, but Dray seems to be a staple on your team, and you've got Jrue, Goran, and Rondo hidden away. You could probably pair Millsap + Dragic or Jrue to bring back a early round stud. That might help you find your build better.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah not 100% sold on punting AST as I feel I would actually go OK with AST with Dray, Rondo etc and yeah, they can provide DD.

But yeah, while its a good squad, it doesn't feel super dominant in anything in particular, though I feel that %'s, rebounding, and steals should be good. 

As far as notable guys sitting on WW currently: Nowitzki, Redick, Barton, Olynyk, and as far as break out candidates we have Jerian Grant, Jaylen Brown (with Hayward injury), Markkanen.

Not sure if I should drop anyone (probably Williams would be first to go) to pick any of them up. Nowitzki is tempting as you know when he gets minutes he produces, just dont know if I can handle the nights off and being sat in blowouts etc.

Thanks for the help on my question.

Jaylen Brown looking to get a huge uptick in minutes but not too sure about his game, could be a good third option in scoring and only a few boards here and there. 

Dirk like you said can produce given the minutes, but will get DNPs and more rest during blow outs.

Would rather stick with Marvin and your squad right now.

Hi I am a first timer and would like some advice on my team too. Thanks in advance.

12 team 12th pick 9 cat H2H daily lineups

R. Rubio

Patrick Beverly

D. Lillard

D. Gallinari

James Johnson

D. Cousins

S. Ibaka

M. Gasol

R. Hollis-Jefferson

J. Green

M. Fultz

T. Prince

N. Mirotic ----- With Mirotic injured, who should I pick up?

What trades or pick ups should I aim for?

Edited by ballinOnaBudget