NBC Sports Edge Forums

Markieff Morris 2017-2018 Season Outlook

12 hours ago, sickrookie said:

I guess he's low upsides so you can probably scoop him up from wire. Decent glue guy with SF/PF/C position bonus. A lock in top 80-100 IMO. 

oh great, another month of wasting away on our benches then, seeing free agent opportunities being scooped up by other managers who don't have this anchor locked on them

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just think this is a tad of an over reaction. People expect him to be back to normal after 17 games, he's missed A LOT of time with his issues the past few months.   He looked good today,

Don't you just love revenge games?      What's that? He has 8 blocks, 3 steals, and 7 3's in his last 4 games?   Gotta love them 1 / 1 / 1 stats   He's in doub

To add another take, the team has had two games now of great ball movement, hence the assists coming from all over the place.   Better quality shots, guys are touching the ball more frequent

Posted Images

1 hour ago, greatestmetfan said:

I think Wall helps him... The Wizards are all ISO right now. Need to have Wall driving and kicking so my man can get his wide open 3s

I agree.  Markieff isn't someone you can continuously go to and expect him to get a good percentage shot off 1v1.  Wall's return will help him I think

On 12/7/2017 at 7:27 AM, magic32 said:

oh great, another month of wasting away on our benches then, seeing free agent opportunities being scooped up by other managers who don't have this anchor locked on them

Don't you just love revenge games? 

image.thumb.png.1108820043da5487531ecd4f3bcb306e.png

What's that? He has 8 blocks, 3 steals, and 7 3's in his last 4 games?

Gotta love them 1 / 1 / 1 stats

He's in double digits in 3 of his last 4. 

Minutes are trending up too. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 3
15 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

There must be something wrong with you to be jumping up and down based on this game. He played against the worst team in the league, the same one that Lonzo ball almost scored THIRTY on, not to mention it was a huge revenge game cause he literally hates The Suns. even I started him this game, it was a no-brainer. And my point was he will have some good games sprinkled in there, but the majority have been terrible. He is hasn't even been half the player he was last year, which wasn't even that great either.  Wake me up when he can have more than 2 good games in a row. 

Edited by magic32
13 minutes ago, magic32 said:

There must be something wrong with you to be jumping up and down based on this game. He played against the worst team in the league, the same one that Lonzo ball almost scored THIRTY on, not to mention it was a huge revenge game cause he literally hates The Suns. even I started him this game, it was a no-brainer. And my point was he will have some good games sprinkled in there, but the majority have been terrible. He is hasn't even been half the player he was last year, which wasn't even that great either.  Wake me up when he can have more than 2 good games in a row. 

I'm not jumping up and down but..

Last 4 games

15.7/5.2/1.2  1.8 3s .7 steals and 2 blocks on 48% shooting 

Last year season stats

14/6.5/1.7 .9 3s 1.1 steals .6 blocks on .457% shooting

If he just repeated his last 4 for ROS I could live with that.

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

What happened? How do u drop 21 then drop a dud like this...geeze

he got two early fouls on Gallo and Brooks pulled him out. Never got it going since then, trash game. Mike Scott played well and coach is likely just riding the better option. I'm holding him for a couple of more games though.. 

5 hours ago, sickrookie said:

he got two early fouls on Gallo and Brooks pulled him out. Never got it going since then, trash game. Mike Scott played well and coach is likely just riding the better option. I'm holding him for a couple of more games though.. 

Sucks I'm about to drop him or D. Carroll for Nwaba

On 12/7/2017 at 8:10 PM, Lifschitz said:

You were saying???? :lol: 

17 minutes ago, magic32 said:

You were saying???? :lol: 

Even with the down game, his stats over the past 2 weeks:

image.thumb.png.bb70df69c1d27146f250fe0bde6b327b.png

John wall is back next game I believe, will help him with extra room, he's been a 1 steal guy over his entire career, so that'll trend up. The minutes won't sit at 23 forever, so even on a per-minute basis he's doing fantastic when you look at that average, and great position eligibility as well.

He's been getting better, believe it or not. There are many reasons why he's had a slow start, you buy low on these types of guys who have done it their entire career, he's not going to suddenly become a s---y player at 28 years old, and if you believe Mike Scott is more important to the Wizards than Kieff is (despite what nonsense RW is spewing), I'm not sure what to tell you.

If he ***** the bed for more than a few weeks of course I'd drop, but right now I see no reason to not hold on.

His splits last year were fantastic. He started off slow in November / December, and ended up being a top 40-70 player the rest of the way. He had hernia surgery man, I guess you had him a lot longer than some of us here so you feel frustrated, but I just scooped him up in the past two weeks - and with good reason.

Edited by Lifschitz
1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

Even with the down game, his stats over the past 2 weeks:

image.thumb.png.bb70df69c1d27146f250fe0bde6b327b.png

John wall is back next game I believe, will help him with extra room, he's been a 1 steal guy over his entire career, so that'll trend up. The minutes won't sit at 23 forever, so even on a per-minute basis he's doing fantastic when you look at that average, and great position eligibility as well.

He's been getting better, believe it or not. There are many reasons why he's had a slow start, you buy low on these types of guys who have done it their entire career, he's not going to suddenly become a s---y player at 28 years old, and if you believe Mike Scott is more important to the Wizards than Kieff is (despite what nonsense RW is spewing), I'm not sure what to tell you.

If he ***** the bed for more than a few weeks of course I'd drop, but right now I see no reason to not hold on.

Wow. are you his dad or something? dude SUCKS this year. He is the 165th ranked player in the league. He has had a couple of good games sprinkled in, but otherwise has sucked big time. I keep hoping he would at least return to his mediocre ways of years past, but he has been absolutely horrible unless he plays against the worst teams in the league. 

1 hour ago, magic32 said:

Wow. are you his dad or something? dude SUCKS this year. He is the 165th ranked player in the league. He has had a couple of good games sprinkled in, but otherwise has sucked big time. I keep hoping he would at least return to his mediocre ways of years past, but he has been absolutely horrible unless he plays against the worst teams in the league. 

Nah you just clearly only look at current rank, don't pay attention to context, and I'm not sure you understand the concept of buy low - sell high and how it's prevalence rules the fantasy landscape every season. Your ad hominem won't work here. You said "you keep hoping" so clearly you know what he's done, and you have some semblance of the understanding that he COULD and SHOULD be playing better basketball - so why else would you hold on if you're going to bother ****ting on him at every opportunity? You're looking for signs of a turn-around, do you also think Conley is going to average 17 ppg and 4 assists the entire season with his foot injury that he's had to sit out a month with? That's also a buy-low, right?

Right on queue, just found this - not that it means much but clearly you should understand more about the concept above first:

https://sports.yahoo.com/markieff-morris-among-fantasy-basketball-buy-low-opportunities-204417659.html

Markieff Morris, Wizards

Morris is coming off of sports hernia surgery in the summer, which has limited him to just 23.3 minutes per game in his 17 appearances this season. Still, he’s taking 9.2 field-goal attempts per game, only 2.6 fewer than last season, despite the rather drastic dip in playing time. If that trend continues — and we assume he works his way back to playing around 30 minutes per night — he’ll be shooting more than he did last season, giving him a good chance to improve his offensive numbers. Aside from his shooting, his per 36 numbers are nearly identical to last season’s across the board, which is an encouraging sign. While his workload continues to be in flux, it may be worthwhile to pursue a trade for Morris under the assumption that he’ll continue to trend upward.

So his Per 36's are all the same as last season...interesting. What do you think will happen when he gets back into the low to mid 30's? Take a guess. That's what we're all waiting on here.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

So his Per 36's are all the same as last season...interesting. What do you think will happen when he gets back into the low to mid 30's? Take a guess. That's what we're all waiting on here.

It's easy to tell who the sophisticated, seasoned fantasy players are. That other guy is focused on the past, while you are smartly looking at the future. Anybody can look at his stats so far and recognize he isn't matching his ADP or past year's numbers. The question is where does he go from here? Unless he has some lingering health issues or is in a different team situation it is very unlikely that a 28 yr old guy all of a sudden is not as good at basketball as he's been. The guy has a track record (although not a world beater). Is it possible he totally falls off this year? Yes, but not likely unless one of those circumstances exists, so he's somebody who seems like a smart bet unless you're extremely hard up for every last bit of production right now. Let the people who don't understand this concept keep chasing after flash in the pan production such as Mike James and the like.

3 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

Nah you just clearly only look at current rank, don't pay attention to context, and I'm not sure you understand the concept of buy low - sell high and how it's prevalence rules the fantasy landscape every season. Your ad hominem won't work here. You said "you keep hoping" so clearly you know what he's done, and you have some semblance of the understanding that he COULD and SHOULD be playing better basketball - so why else would you hold on if you're going to bother ****ting on him at every opportunity? You're looking for signs of a turn-around, do you also think Conley is going to average 17 ppg and 4 assists the entire season with his foot injury that he's had to sit out a month with? That's also a buy-low, right?

Right on queue, just found this - not that it means much but clearly you should understand more about the concept above first:

https://sports.yahoo.com/markieff-morris-among-fantasy-basketball-buy-low-opportunities-204417659.html

LOL the Ph0k are you talkin about? Buy low? Like anyone would want him. I picked him up before he came back and no one even thought he would be this bad at that time.

You have every excuse in the book for this guy. It's hilarious.