NBC Sports Edge Forums

Markieff Morris 2017-2018 Season Outlook

That's how I feel as wel ^

Wall sets up so many plays for kieff and gortat, it gets them engaged and flowing. First half beal was like 4 / 10 while kieff and marcin each took 1 shot and Lo and behold they're losing the game. They don't have a natural pg out there right now that they can play off of. If he does poorly next to wall then for sure move onto the next thing, but efficiency and per minute wise it's all there as of late, he's just not getting enough shots.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just think this is a tad of an over reaction. People expect him to be back to normal after 17 games, he's missed A LOT of time with his issues the past few months.   He looked good today,

Don't you just love revenge games?      What's that? He has 8 blocks, 3 steals, and 7 3's in his last 4 games?   Gotta love them 1 / 1 / 1 stats   He's in doub

To add another take, the team has had two games now of great ball movement, hence the assists coming from all over the place.   Better quality shots, guys are touching the ball more frequent

Posted Images

So, lifsh!tz, what's your excuse this time around? Complete disaster of a game against the team that is the worst at defending centers and top 5 worst against power forwards. This should be hilarious...

Edited by magic32

His teammates didn't even look at him when he's guarded by a small nets guard. I am confused by the low minutes though. He's safe to drop right now cuz I don't think anyone would pick him up unless it's a deep league.  But I still think he'll get hot again later this season. 

10 minutes ago, hlin8821 said:

Heating up

Eh, even in the last week while shooting an unsustainable 61% he's still just the 116th ranked player.  Just doesn't seem he's going to get enough minutes this year to provide decent value.

• Like 2

I think with Wall back, the Wizards as a team is going to improve. I don't expect him to flirt with top-75 numbers all year, but I think he can maintain a top-100 status with a hint of upside where he can give you serviceable top-60 numbers on a given week. He's definitely better than some waiver wire options in most competitive leagues.

• Like 1

The 28 min average last 3 games is encouraging.. if he can average that then he should be rosterable. 

I am not sure if this is common, but I noticed last night in the last 4-5 minutes of the game, the Wiz went small with Kieff at the 5 instead of Gortat and that's when they pulled away from the Celtics so perhaps that is a good sign for Kieff

• Like 1

Played 27-31 mins in his last 3 and scott has cooled right off. Picked him up a few days back from the WW and is averaging 16/7/1 hitting a couple 3's and shooting at a good clip too. 5 of his last 6 games gave been respectable so i feel like he is getting back to whefe he should be. The one downside is stocks but they will come soon enough 

Would like to see a more rounded game since his long-term history suggests it's in his nature. That said, a few more games with quality minutes and production and he'll be hard to keep on the bench. Not sure of your league size or waiver priority, but I would be very tempted to see if he sneaks through waivers without claiming him, unless it's a bottom third priority.

• 2 weeks later...