NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brett Hundley 2017 Season Outlook

42 minutes ago, Bernie51 said:

Anyone concerned that the forecast calls for rainy weather? Not sure how much of a downgrade that is for this week, if at all

I think the weather conditions  will be advantageous for Hundley....an equalizer of sorts...plus it will curb the temptation to stretch the field.

He'll get his yardage from higher percentage throws underneath and short outside....I'll bet the TE's and Ty Mont have big games and I'll bet Hundley rushes for 50yds and a TD....BOOK IT!

(JK don't book it...LOL)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up CJ Beathard over Hundley as a QB streamer for this week (and maybe beyond).  In a small sample size CJ looked better, he also has his college TE playing with him.  I have a hard time believing GB is good without Aaron Rodgers, it often takes his heroics for them to win.  

On the other hand, the 49rs need to know if their 3rd round rookie is the future (or if they need to draft another QB).  My hope is they let him air it out, because that’s the only way they’ll win.

Most importantly CJ majored in Leisurely Studies ; )

The consensus says Hundley.  Good luck Hundley owners... I’m betting the the Saints D.

I honestly think Brett will do just fine. He’ll probably fit that role that Matt Flynn did when arod went out. He’ll do good. Not great but just enough for the packers to stay in the game. 

1 hour ago, seanismorris said:

I picked up CJ Beathard over Hundley as a QB streamer for this week (and maybe beyond).  In a small sample size CJ looked better, he also has his college TE playing with him.  I have a hard time believing GB is good without Aaron Rodgers, it often takes his heroics for them to win.  

On the other hand, the 49rs need to know if their 3rd round rookie is the future (or if they need to draft another QB).  My hope is they let him air it out, because that’s the only way they’ll win.

Most importantly CJ majored in Leisurely Studies ; )

The consensus says Hundley.  Good luck Hundley owners... I’m betting the the Saints D.

Who cares if GB is good or not, we just care if they still keep producing for fantasy. GB will be playing from behind a lot for the reminder of the season. Lots of garbage time production for Hundley.

38 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Who cares if GB is good or not, we just care if they still keep producing for fantasy. GB will be playing from behind a lot for the reminder of the season. Lots of garbage time production for Hundley.

It sounds like you’re talking about Bortles.  He may have finished last year among the top 10 QBs in Fantasy, but that didn’t mean he helped my team win.  Garbage time works better for RBs/WRs than QBs.  QBs tend to throw interceptions.

I wouldn’t wish Bortles on anyone... I’m not sure Matt Flynn is any better.

I think the hope is Hundley is a Alex Smith type, with underrated running ability and generally solid decision making (low interceptions).

If he throws another 3 picks, everyone is going to have a bad day.

The good thing about Hundley is he’s 3rd year, so the coaches can game plan to his strengths.

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

he can pile up rushing yards when he’s not throwing it up to one of the best receiving corps in the league ... in a high scoring home game vs a bad defense ...

Again - Tyrod Taylor, with people to actually throw to. 

If Hundley = Tyrod

That would be a good thing.  It will be interesting to see what GB comes up with for their game plan...

I jumped on the train too. Watson on a bye and Winston banged up. Opted to cut Goff after claiming him Wednesday and decided I didn't want to chance the London game after all. Hope Hundley doesn't drop a turd on us. I have enough issues with my team as is. :) 

Edited by mjagger42

Honestly, I know virtually nothing about this guy. It caught my attention the other day when Adam Schefter said he expects him to jump in and play well ASAP. The biggest thing for me, my waiver wire is a wasteland. It's either him, Eli, Goff, McCown and the like. Good matchup, good weapons around him, system familiarity, garbage time potential....seems like a good dart throw. 

Hundley looked decent in the preseason, especially scrambling (bootleg).  In the pocket (from what I could see) it looked like he had a tendency to stare down receivers.

I think it’s going to come down to coaching.  If they play to his strengths, he’ll be fine. 

Think Hundley will be a solid pickup after the Bye, after he's had more 1st team reps and more specific offensive gameplans to suit him. I think Ghost is right in that he's basically Tyrod with a better supporting cast and a much higher ceiling. That being said, I'm rolling out Beathard tomorrow over him. Beathard feels much safer tomorrow and I need his a** to stream in week 8, when more or less my entire team is on bye. After the bye though, I'd throw Hundley up into the Mariota tier of qbs, assuming tomorrow isn't a cataclysmic performance. NO Def is a bend don't break that thrives on big splash plays; Hundley will probably give them one or two. 

Edited by Mahomet

This guy just rendered an entire receiving corp obsolete.

Hopefully we can trade Jordy, Adams and Cobb before leaguemates see the highlights 

Edited by nonstopfan
6 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

This guy just rendered an entire receiving corp obsolete.

Hopefully we can trade Jordy, Adams and Cobb before leaguemates see the highlights 

Yeah, I was expecting better from him but that was pretty bad. He targeted Jones (who looks like a borderline bellcow now which I didn't expect to see TyMont take such a backseat) as much as any receiver. Things should only get better and they have a BYE next week which should only help him to improve his play going forward. 

May actually be a decent opportunity to try and buy low (obviously has to be at right price) on GB receivers especially Cobb (who I just dropped) who got a relatively decent share of the targets which should continue since he is a great short yardage receiver that could be a safety valve of sorts for Hundley. Not sure what his snap count looked like and if they do go more run heavy it probably does limit their 3 WR sets. 

Well....that was a total failure. Now I get to enjoy Big Ben light it up while Hundley couldn't even throw for 100 yards.

He looked decent at times, but the game plan was terrible. Not sure why GB thought they could run 75 times and beat the Saints. Need to throw to keep up, and they coddled Hundley like he was a freshman in high school. Perhaps he's just not very good, but at least give him a chance.