NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017-2018

5 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Gary and Murray playing limited minutes today as the Nuggets went w/ their bench and 89 minutes of Will Barton isn't helping things either

I got Barton so both he and Harris are helping me :)

Harris was just off most of the game, I wouldn't worry about his minutes. He and Barton play a lot next to eachother.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not a joke...   My team was down 1 point for the week...I have Thaddeus Young left to play, my opponent has no one...   Thaddeus Young, a man who averages 14.6 points per g

Seriously.   Wowww...i didnt even think about that...such a POS way of doing things. If ppl seriously want to win like this...geez....don't want em in any league im in

Summary of this season & (a good 75%) of these posts on this thread:  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

You can draft the perfect team, you can make the perfect pick-ups, and injury luck will always be the determining factor in whether you win a league or not.

Injury Luck is a major factor but not always the determining factor...

Edited by nbachamp
10 minutes ago, nbachamp said:

Injury Luck is a major factor but not always the determining factor...

I don't think you grasp the concept.

what affects one team isn't the way it affects another.

it has a direct impact on everything, stats output, who makes the playoffs and seasonal standings, not just single playoff matchups.

a team that won could've won because a better team that was banged up didn't make it. I've had several years where I was iced out because I lost 4 5 players to injury in crucial weeks for more than a two months stretch, you can't recover from that and a team with a worse roster than mine won.

if you're going to make a statement back it up.

Edited by Lifschitz
4 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I don't think you grasp the concept.

what affects one team isn't the way it affects another.

it has a direct impact on everything, stats output, who makes the playoffs and seasonal standings, not just single playoff matchups.

a team that won could've won because a better team that was banged up didn't make it. I've had several years where I was iced out because I lost 4 5 players to injury in crucial weeks for more than a two months stretch, you can't recover from that and a team with a worse roster than mine won.

if you're going to make a statement back it up.

You are not backing up your statement...you are just saying what you experienced...

But for just backing up...you can minimize your injury proness by drafting players who are not injury prone...you can also take advantage the injury prone players by drafting them when they are just less risky...

If you believe fantasy is about luck... i advice you to play lotto so there is no stress...no need to vent...

I play fantasy sports because it is a game of probability where luck is a factor but not completely

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, nbachamp said:

You are not backing up your statement...you are just saying what you experienced...

But for just backing up...you can minimize your injury proness by drafting players who are not injury prone...you can also take advantage the injury prone players by drafting them when they are just less risky...

If you believe fantasy is about luck... i advice you to play lotto so there is no stress...no need to vent...

I play fantasy sports because it is a game of probability where luck is a factor but not completely

Like  gordon Hayward right? Or gobert? We can go on and on, there is a lot more evidence to back up what I'm saying than my personal experience, rather than your "mitigate your luck" argument, years and years of injuries to tons of players (as we're experiencing now ).

you do know there are several teams in your fantasy league not just yours right?

I've won leagues, this isn't a cry fest.

and what do you mean no need to vent? This is the vent and rant thread.

Edited by Lifschitz

Do you think I go into a season drafting injured players? Or that I don't practice risk management? That doesn't change the fact that despite all the projections and spreadsheets and calculated risks and observing stats and situations it still all comes down to mostly luck, and injuries are a big part of it, random lines and aberrations (lebrons free throw percentage) another, but I think injuries more so, they can stop your entire team's momentum no matter how much you research.

4 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Like  gordon Hayward right? Or gobert? We can go on and on, there is a lot more evidence to back up what I'm saying than my personal experience, rather than your "mitigate your luck" argument, years and years of injuries to tons of players (as we're experiencing now ).

you do know there are several teams in your fantasy league not just yours right?

I've won leagues, this isn't a cry fest.

and what do you mean no need to vent? This is the vent and rant thread.

So losing them will make you lose?yes odds will lesser...

Btw gobert if you drafted him early it's on you....gobert is so injury prone numbers dont lie...he do does miss a lot of games...im not saying you dont draft him...but draft him to the pkoint you have no choicewhere the risk is so low..

If you think playing fantasy is all about luck... i advice you to quit so you wont need to rant...

Coming into the week down:  Steph, Tim Hardaway, & Conley

Injuries happen, whatever. I'll just make smart acquisitions (schedule wise, b2b's, etc), and get it done.

I was up 7-2 until Thursday when he had 9 players going vs my 3 players; his included Harden, Ben Simmons, Lonzo, and D. Mitchell lol

Swooped Joe Harris Thursday, and Danny Green Friday to get 2 games out of them for the weekend.

Aaron Gordon goes down, killing his Friday & Saturday game (SIDE NOTE: HE WAS CONCUSSED BY MY OTHER PLAYER, GARY HARRIS!!)

Danny - Played trash Fri. Hurt, and probably sits Saturday

Joe Harris - Played trash Thu. Sick, and prob a puss Saturday 

Went from a full lineup today, with one acquisition in the chamber, to a team full of injured FA. Games also start early today, so idk if I should use that last acquisition today on a better FA on a better game slate to choose from, on a FA who plays a B2B today and tomorrow, or if Green and Harris will play and I should just stand pat.

05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg

Edited by hoopnking24

The Phoenix suns are a dumpster fire.  Jay Triano is the interim version of earl  Watson.   The team sucks but they feel committed to playing aging vets instead of youth.  This guy is an idiot.

Tyson Chandler will start against the Spurs on Saturday.

Coach Jay Triano also said Alex Len will play "based on need" because of his knee. Reading between the lines, it sounds like Greg Monroe is the No. 2 man and Alex Len may need foul trouble or an injury to be out there for double-digit minutes.
6 hours ago, Vman7 said:

First day as a Courtney Lee owner. Yay.

Welcome to the vent and rant thread. He does that. Been there done that and already dropped him in previous seasons because of this. (Dont drop him though thj is still injured)

2 hours ago, Xmantt said:

Welcome to the vent and rant thread. He does that. Been there done that and already dropped him in previous seasons because of this. (Dont drop him though thj is still injured)

and then five straight makes...bro Lee has been awesome this season there is no reason why he can't finish as a mid rounder.

Sort of like Marvin Williams two years ago where out of nowhere he became a midrounder, but now drops off again.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:26 PM, blob2004 said:

So tired of injuries...last week Porzingis, thus week Steph Curry, gonna make me lose two weeks in a row

I hear you. Jokic, Wall, DLo, Gordon, Okafor not ready yet. To top it off, Love is tired and decided not to play.

WTF is going on with the stat tracking!!!

I'm watching the BKN game, DInwiddie clearly just threw a whip pass to Jarrett Allen under the basket, Allen takes one dribble and gathers - left handed hookshot scores.. no assist.. another play Markieff steals the ball as clear as day in the lane and takes it the other way.. they credit him a steal and then its taken away?!? This is RIDICULOUS!

It's getting hard to watch games if you're a fantasy fan, watching my guys not get credited with stats is absurd. 

My team's FT shooting this season has been driving me nuts... and I didn't even draft to punt FT since I'm already punting FG% & TO as it is!

Tonight, KAT 3/6, K Love 1/3, Dinwiddie 2/4

Don't even get me started on Westbrook's putrid FT shooting to start the season.  D-LO shooting sub .700, Oladipo's 5/10 a couple of games ago.  Rubio had a stretch where he shot .500 FT's...

Meanwhile my opponent's Drummond shoots .750 at the stripe tonight.

I'm bottom third of our league in FT's despite, what I thought, drafting players with great FT%

WTF is going on???  

Edited by gill2k

Such a brutal season after what I thought was a great draft.  

Haven't lost anyone for the season,  but the season isn't over yet.

Wall, Jokic, DLo, Aaron Gordon, Markannen, Okafar, Monroe and Collins, DSJ, Love have between last week and today I also have Bradley who has been awful. Just dropped Demare Carroll for Rodney Hood. Hopefully he plays. After today, I plan on dropping Monroe for WCS as I can't afford to hold on to him with his DNPs.  Hoping my team is at full health by next week minus DLo. If Mitchell Oladipo and Gary Harris get hurt, i will quit Basketball. So stressful.