NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017-2018

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not a joke...   My team was down 1 point for the week...I have Thaddeus Young left to play, my opponent has no one...   Thaddeus Young, a man who averages 14.6 points per g

Seriously.   Wowww...i didnt even think about that...such a POS way of doing things. If ppl seriously want to win like this...geez....don't want em in any league im in

Summary of this season & (a good 75%) of these posts on this thread:  

Posted Images

Lol, random injuries like hood, dragic, giannis, i dont think its a valid rant anymore. Its a fact of today's nba, softies. 34 yrs old MJ didnt even miss a game in his 2nd comeback. Tbf, lebron doesn't miss games too but the coaches are also pussies giving them rest days even with a more lighter schedule.

2 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

i dont think its a valid rant anymore. Its a fact of today's nba, softies. 34 yrs old MJ didnt even miss a game in his 2nd comeback. Tbf, lebron doesn't miss games too but the coaches are also pussies giving them rest days even with a more lighter schedule.

I think LeBron only doesn't miss games because he's the coach and GM and he's also driven.  You're right though, it's becoming so common that it's not valid but it's definitely harming the fantasy product.  Bums me out; ten years ago either a guy was hurt or he wasn't, and sure sometimes people had the flu or their grandma died or whatever, but it wasn't like ******** TWENTY GUYS A WEEK like it is now.  I love H2H but this nonsense is making me think I might want to go to roto to at least somewhat mitigate this nonsense.

Mixed emotions today. Tied in my H2H. Won FT% .8438 to .8431, but lost by one block and benched O'Quinn thinking he might miss one. Instead he goes 2/2 and gets 2 blocks. Could've won, but I'll take the tie I guess, especially dealing with Lou Williams last night, McCollum, Melo's insane week and Derozan

Edit: Also lost by 6 assists so Jimmy and Brogdon missing yesterday really killed me

Edited by ak427
5 minutes ago, VelvetMerkin said:

I've never lost steals any week so far this year, but I roll out 9 players tonight with a big fat 0 steals. GJ

Also, opponent rolled out 6 players and is winning every category except boards and assists. My team is bad

lol i feel you i never lose steals as well but sweet lou made me lose them last week first time this year lol.. although today i gathered 16 still have nurk and towns playing lol

Out of playoff contention in my points league.

Yup. I think this is the last year I play H2H of any kind. When 75% of your team is out / hurt while your opponent has a fully healthy roster ready to whoop on you while they have more games scheduled on top of it, pff... Get the **** outta here. Lol you got that bruh...

2 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Out of playoff contention in my points league.

Yup. I think this is the last year I play H2H of any kind. When 75% of your team is out / hurt while your opponent has a fully healthy roster ready to whoop on you while they have more games scheduled on top of it, pff... Get the **** outta here. Lol you got that bruh...

wouldn't it be the same in roto if your players got hurt?

10 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

wouldn't it be the same in roto if your players got hurt?

Nope. You can just swap out the injure player for whoever you got on your bench.

Sometimes it's even beneficiary if your slots are in the plus red territory you can leave the slot empty so you'll gain a day and lower your pace. 

3 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Nope. You can just swap out the injure player for whoever you got on your bench.

Sometimes it's even beneficiary if your slots are in the plus red territory you can leave the slot empty so you'll gain a day and lower your pace. 

Not always the case. I am in a high stakes roto league that is weekly lineups. When you lock your lineup and guys miss games it hurts just as bad. 

4 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Not always the case. I am in a high stakes roto league that is weekly lineups. When you lock your lineup and guys miss games it hurts just as bad. 

Ah. I never played weekly Roto before. That sounds like even more torture. 

14 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

yeah i play weekly too

11 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Ah. I never played weekly Roto before. That sounds like even more torture. 

It isn't awesome, especially when a guy gets hurt in the first game of the week. At the end of the day we all play in leagues where every team has to deal with the same set of rules. Complaining about it is just an excuse. Once I adapted that mindset I have been way less stressed and rolling with the punches. Every team has dealt with rest days. To think you will avoid them is just unrealistic. My breaking point was last year. I think I watched a total of about 1 playoff game because I was so angry with the NBA. This year I am enjoying it a lot more. Rest is just a thing these days. 

My keeper core of AD, Jokic, Wall, Holiday, Dangello Russell and Myles Turner have failed miserably this year. You would think I would have championship aspirations? Not with this ragtag band-aid of a core. My only hope is next year they return to their ADP's or exceed them and I can maneuver them for better players/fits for my build.

AD funny enough have been the best out of the lot and one of the best fantasy players.

44 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

My keeper core of AD, Jokic, Wall, Holiday, Dangello Russell and Myles Turner have failed miserably this year. You would think I would have championship aspirations? Not with this ragtag band-aid of a core. My only hope is next year they return to their ADP's or exceed them and I can maneuver them for better players/fits for my build.

AD funny enough have been the best out of the lot and one of the best fantasy players.

I would just run it back next year. That core is really solid. I don't see any reason to force a change to it because it didn't work out this year. 

1 minute ago, jeffr913 said:

Draymond Green and Klay Thompson getting picked for the all-star game over Paul George

Klay Thompson is not an all star. Plan and simple. He just isn't. I get his value, but you need to put up stats to qualify for the ASG.

I do think Draymond is an all star (but he did miss a lot of games this year). 

1 minute ago, thezing1 said:

Klay Thompson is not an all star. Plan and simple. He just isn't. I get his value, but you need to put up stats to qualify for the ASG.

I do think Draymond is an all star (but he did miss a lot of games this year). 

I'll take Paul George over both of them

• Like 2

The internet cut out or something when I was started all active players this morning, then I had plans this afternoon.  I come home to check on my teams (I have a dozen), and I see one that I expected to be doing well isn't.  What's up?

Oh, just left Rubio,  Schroder, and Valacunias on the bench somehow.  I had room for all of them.  

I go through every morning and make sure to hit all starters as I drink my coffee, like a ritual, even if I had already done it the day before for today.  No idea what happened.  Very bummed and it's one of those bubble teams that needs every win it can get.