NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017-2018

For those who have been holding on to "potentials" like I have (John Collins, Len, Hield, etc.), I think this is a good read. I think we hang on to those players for way too long.

What I mean is this- many of us might look at the All-Star break as a mid point, but in reality by February 19th,  it's actually NEARLY 75% NBA season out of the way. THAT MEANS AT THAT POINT, THERE IS ACTUALLY ONLY 2 WEEKS LEFT BEFORE FANTASY NBA PLAYOFFS STARTS. So basically we hold on to "potentials" until there is about 2 weeks to go and that simply isn't a wise bet while our seasons flounder away.

Will not make the same mistake next year.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not a joke...   My team was down 1 point for the week...I have Thaddeus Young left to play, my opponent has no one...   Thaddeus Young, a man who averages 14.6 points per g

Seriously.   Wowww...i didnt even think about that...such a POS way of doing things. If ppl seriously want to win like this...geez....don't want em in any league im in

Summary of this season & (a good 75%) of these posts on this thread:  

Posted Images

I would like to thank the commish for allowing the two bottom teams in the league (not the one in my sig) to "tank for picks" while still having a shot at the playoffs (only 1 game & 2 games out).  Gave away their top 3 players, each, to ONE team.  The league has to go up against a stacked team of Embiid, Jokic, Harris, Blake, CP3 & Lillard along with his drafted Simmons when the rosters are only 10-man deep. 

All those times others in the league researched their drafts, waiver pickups and trades... wiped out.  Thanks for ruining the season, and fantasy bball in general, a-holes.

Take that as you will anyone reading this, whether it's right or wrong to trade for picks, just needed to finally vent that out of my system after my concerns to the commish himself was not acknowledged.

Edited by gill2k
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, gill2k said:

I would like to thank the commish for allowing the two bottom teams in the league (not the one in my sig) to "tank for picks" while still having a shot at the playoffs (only 1 game & 2 games out).  Gave away their top 3 players, each, to ONE team.  The league has to go up against a stacked team of Embiid, Jokic, Harris, Blake, CP3 & Lillard along with his drafted Simmons when the rosters are only 10-man deep. 

All those times others in the league researched their drafts, waiver pickups and trades... wiped out.  Thanks for ruining the season, and fantasy bball in general, a-holes.

Take that as you will anyone reading this, whether it's right or wrong to trade for picks, just needed to finally vent that out of my system after my concerns to the commish himself was not acknowledged.

Sixers have been doing this IRL ? 

• Haha 1

1st time doing roto, was just reviewing my originally drafted team and it's not pretty:

2. Myles Turner,            Rank 93 

3. Mike Conley,              Rank 200+

4. Rubio,                         Rank 55 <--------- looking ok at the moment

6. Aaron Gordon,          Rank 99

7. Marquese Chriss,    Rank 200+

8. Marcus Smart,         Rank 131

Funny enough, my last pick, Bazemore is 37th on the season but i dropped him early when he was killing my fg% before he started going off.

Thank goodness for the wire and for having traded Turner and Gordon for Jokic while they still had value

Edited by chaiway
8 hours ago, Tr3yball said:

Summary of this season & (a good 75%) of these posts on this thread:

ad67ef4727924114bfc5f2390ca1203a_400x400

- Paul Millsap

- Mason Plumlee

- Dewayne Dedmon

- Kyle Anderson

- Stephen Curry

- Marcus Morris

- Anthony Davis

- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

- Nerlens Noel

- JJ Redick

- Kris Dunn

- Lonzo Ball

- Kelly Olynyk

- De'Aaron Fox

That's all my injury rap sheets I experienced. Players I owned that miss extended time this season. Like look brah. F***ING RIDICULOUS...

10 hours ago, chaiway said:

1st time doing roto, was just reviewing my originally drafted team and it's not pretty:

2. Myles Turner,            Rank 93 

3. Mike Conley,              Rank 200+

4. Rubio,                         Rank 55 <--------- looking ok at the moment

6. Aaron Gordon,          Rank 99

7. Marquese Chriss,    Rank 200+

8. Marcus Smart,         Rank 131

Funny enough, my last pick, Bazemore is 37th on the season but i dropped him early when he was killing my fg% before he started going off.

Thank goodness for the wire and for having traded Turner and Gordon for Jokic while they still had value

I think Bazemore has to be the surprise of the season. I was never a fan of him either.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I think Bazemore has to be the surprise of the season. I was never a fan of him either.

my vote goes to Drummond & Mitchell... but yes, shocking about how good Baze has been, especially with the steals and # of games played

50 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I think it’s easily Lou who is returning top 15 value this year. 

28 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I think it’s easily Lou who is returning top 15 value this year. 

didnt think jimmy g had a snowballs chance in hell to return top 20 value in minn let alone top10

also oladipo should of been ranked alot higher and im sad i got scared away from his bad 3/3/3 playoff schedule (owned him every year since he was a rookie except this year)

• Like 1
On 2/5/2018 at 1:46 PM, hoopking said:

managers who are already out of the PO race and discretely (CAUGHT!!!) lose on purpose on a matchup with a friend. ruining the league.  smh

I will add, friends of managers( or possibly a guy having a 2nd account) suddenly being active against your team adding players while sucking all season. If you look at some of his logs this guy adds some hot players off the wire but only periodically, and they are still in last place. Then make it easy if its a friend who is playing and back to being bad, not changing his lineup everyday, etc..

So I am back because I realize I started ranting in the players threads, so I just sum it up in here (Tl;dr at the end):

Dropped Sweet lou at one of his last games with lower 20 minutes playing time. He went nuts nearly directly after I dropped him.

Had Gallo, Conley, lavine injured with one IR spot. Went for Millsap in a pretty good trade for me. Injured for three months and I decided to drop him due to the other injuries.

After a couple of weeks with 3 injured players (plus short term injuries) I struggled to secure a playoff seat so after Lavine came back I decided to just go with one injured guy on my IR and I chose..... Conley and dropped Gallo and his a** cheek.

In this time my patience was over with another player who was barely a 12 team league guy and failed completely to provide the stats he was drafted for. So I dropped this dude for Teodosic who should bring me these stats on a decent level. The name of the player I dropped was of course En Fuego who provides right now more than I would have dreamed of when I drafted him.

Tl;dr: Dropped Millsap, Sweet Lou, Gallo and Rubio to wait for Conleys return and to pick up Teodosic

44 minutes ago, dorwell said:

So I am back because I realize I started ranting in the players threads, so I just sum it up in here (Tl;dr at the end):

Dropped Sweet lou at one of his last games with lower 20 minutes playing time. He went nuts nearly directly after I dropped him.

Had Gallo, Conley, lavine injured with one IR spot. Went for Millsap in a pretty good trade for me. Injured for three months and I decided to drop him due to the other injuries.

After a couple of weeks with 3 injured players (plus short term injuries) I struggled to secure a playoff seat so after Lavine came back I decided to just go with one injured guy on my IR and I chose..... Conley and dropped Gallo and his a** cheek.

In this time my patience was over with another player who was barely a 12 team league guy and failed completely to provide the stats he was drafted for. So I dropped this dude for Teodosic who should bring me these stats on a decent level. The name of the player I dropped was of course En Fuego who provides right now more than I would have dreamed of when I drafted him.

Tl;dr: Dropped Millsap, Sweet Lou, Gallo and Rubio to wait for Conleys return and to pick up Teodosic

ouch scott aukerman GIF

just noticed basketballmonster now has percentages a player plays a certain position. hopefully yahoo would follow these, and not be too generous in giving players positional flexibility. it would be more fun and challenging, and also players with true flexibility would be more valuable in fantasy as well.

So my core of super efficient scores that includes Giannis/Drummond/Holiday/Dwight/Henson and Gary Harris are currently shooting 27% on over 60 shot attempts

it is literally blowing my mind because the odds of all these 50+ percent scorers all shooting below 30 percent at the same time is crazy

• Like 1