NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017-2018

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not a joke...   My team was down 1 point for the week...I have Thaddeus Young left to play, my opponent has no one...   Thaddeus Young, a man who averages 14.6 points per g

Seriously.   Wowww...i didnt even think about that...such a POS way of doing things. If ppl seriously want to win like this...geez....don't want em in any league im in

Summary of this season & (a good 75%) of these posts on this thread:  

Posted Images

I was up by 3 TOs against a team with Westbrook and felt really great ... only to see him have just one TO so far in 3.5 quarters.

Meanwhile, every other starter other than Roberson has no less than 3 TOs.

14 minutes ago, JaydensGuys said:

- Checks team in sig

- Notices alex len

As a former noel owner watching dirk play nearly 30 mins in blowout back to backs, i know the feels

I had Noel. Dropped him for Tyreke Evans awhile ago. Never looked back.

Len and Ed Davis doubled Noel's rebounding and defense per game so far too, which is a shame. That's NBA f*ckery for ya. 

Match this week was close and came down to assists and FT% and ultimately lost 4-5.

My point guards have been freakin' weird with the stats I'm relying on them for.  Rubio killed me with little assists this week.  Westbrook killed a very close FT% battle.  

• Thanks 1

if lowry wasn't ejected i would have won 5-4 or tied 4-4-1, i knew going vs butler and brolo i would lose the stls cat. lost 4-5. im pissed becauee this is an owner who just left his drafted players and not fixing his lineup, tbf all his studs are always starting, and only ryan anderson is on the bench who is significant for the 3s category. of course if his studs start getting injured he'll plummet to the bottom

Edited by Xmantt

I've been surging up my rankings this week. I started the week at 8th, up to 3rd now (12 teamer roto league). Tyreke and TJ Warren helped make that happen. I had a chance to get Kuzma, but I got Warren instead. Can't say I regret my decision too much! The fact that I have the Greek Freak and Porzingod helps too! And now Nurkic is starting to come to life! Life is great right now! 

1 hour ago, trusthaprocess said:

I've been surging up my rankings this week. I started the week at 8th, up to 3rd now (12 teamer roto league). Tyreke and TJ Warren helped make that happen. I had a chance to get Kuzma, but I got Warren instead. Can't say I regret my decision too much! The fact that I have the Greek Freak and Porzingod helps too! And now Nurkic is starting to come to life! Life is great right now! 

Came here to see rants to feel better about myself. Sees this instead and now I feel worse than I did coming in. FML

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, KuramaHiei said:

Came here to see rants to feel better about myself. Sees this instead and now I feel worse than I did coming in. FML

It's still early. Look how much I've moved up in my league. After the first week, I was actually in last place. So there's time. Just pay attention to the wire, have faith in your squad, and you should be good. 

11 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

It's still early. Look how much I've moved up in my league. After the first week, I was actually in last place. So there's time. Just pay attention to the wire, have faith in your squad, and you should be good. 

I don´t think the purpose of this post is to come here and explain how good you are doing in a 12 team league where you got Batum, Ariza, TJ Warren from WW

• Like 3
9 hours ago, apmonjas said:

I don´t think the purpose of this post is to come here and explain how good you are doing in a 12 team league where you got Batum, Ariza, TJ Warren from WW

The purpose is to pump up people who are down about their teams. So many new fantasy players have knee jerk reactions early on. and I'm telling them to play the wire and be patient. I've gotten results. And I'm telling them that eventually, they will too. 

2 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

The purpose is to pump up people who are down about their teams. So many new fantasy players have knee jerk reactions early on. and I'm telling them to play the wire and be patient. I've gotten results. And I'm telling them that eventually, they will too. 

While well-intended, your post probably belongs in the Cool Story Bro thread. Vent & Rant is a place where we can all kvetch and commiserate about our sh!tty teams.

Edited by MrJuiceBar
  • Haha 1

I'm in a competitive auction roto league where I generally finish high every year.

This year, I decided to not pay up $60-$80 for star guys and just get a team full of good $20-35 players (LMA, Vucevic, Jeff Teague, etc.)

My team looks good on paper, but I'm like 10th in the league and already out of contention.

Furthermore, I don't really have any attractive trade chips that can net me someone good.

Going forward, I will be drafting at least 1 or 2 $50+ guys who I can count on and who can win me cats.

50 minutes ago, alexstr said:

I'm in a competitive auction roto league where I generally finish high every year.

This year, I decided to not pay up $60-$80 for star guys and just get a team full of good $20-35 players (LMA, Vucevic, Jeff Teague, etc.)

My team looks good on paper, but I'm like 10th in the league and already out of contention.

Furthermore, I don't really have any attractive trade chips that can net me someone good.

Going forward, I will be drafting at least 1 or 2 $50+ guys who I can count on and who can win me cats.

We're in the first week of November. It's no such thing as 'out of contention'. Especially in Roto. 

I'm currently in 5th in my competitive cash Roto.

XEaQh41.png

I'm pretty much average across the board. My FG% and FT% is no where I want it to be atm and it's really frustrating, but continue to work.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, brosephd said:

played against dynasty team that had jokic, ant davis, giannis and porzingis. he can now pull everyone from his lineup for the rest of the week

At that point, what do you even do to beat that team? Never played dynasty but team is gg