NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017-2018

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not a joke...   My team was down 1 point for the week...I have Thaddeus Young left to play, my opponent has no one...   Thaddeus Young, a man who averages 14.6 points per g

Seriously.   Wowww...i didnt even think about that...such a POS way of doing things. If ppl seriously want to win like this...geez....don't want em in any league im in

Summary of this season & (a good 75%) of these posts on this thread:  

Posted Images

13 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

The purpose is to pump up people who are down about their teams. So many new fantasy players have knee jerk reactions early on. and I'm telling them to play the wire and be patient. I've gotten results. And I'm telling them that eventually, they will too. 

I actually meant that yours tips are worthless, as nobody will find Batum, TJ Warren or Ariza in a competitive 12 team league as you did. You can safely drop Nurkic now because he is struggling right now, pick him up as soon as he makes a good game and come here to tell us to pay attention to the wire

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, apmonjas said:

I actually meant that yours tips are worthless, as nobody will find Batum, TJ Warren or Ariza in a competitive 12 team league as you did. You can safely drop Nurkic now because he is struggling right now, pick him up as soon as he makes a good game and come here to tell us to pay attention to the wire

Fair point. 

20 hours ago, MrJuiceBar said:

While well-intended, your post probably belongs in the Cool Story Bro thread. Vent & Rant is a place where we can all kvetch and commiserate about our sh!tty teams.

Lol true. My bad, I'm new to this forum. Just trying to get used to it, didn't intend to ruffle any feathers, my bad

• Like 1
14 hours ago, KuramaHiei said:

umm....that team is gonna win the next 5 years. just quit.

There's an even worse one in my league. Antetokounmpo, Westbrook, Porzingis, Wall, PG, Whiteside, Drummond . . . Put it this way, we have eight starters, and on busy nights he sits Jrue Holiday.

He hasn't lost a week in more than two years.

Y'all actually gunna vent about s---? Cuz I scooped Donovan Mitchell 8 hours before he went 3/21 and got beaten in every statistical category by Thabo Sefolosha and I'm not happy about it 

This is not a joke...

My team was down 1 point for the week...I have Thaddeus Young left to play, my opponent has no one...

Thaddeus Young, a man who averages 14.6 points per game, put up 0.

What a joke Thaddeus. You're dead to me. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

This is not a joke...

My team was down 1 point for the week...I have Thaddeus Young left to play, my opponent has no one...

Wow. You have the worst luck I’ve ever seen!

1 hour ago, mbell317 said:

This is not a joke...

ur opponent is probably over there posting at the CSB thread. But damn man, if I were in your situation he's on the trading block

• Haha 1

xKtrP5z.png

When you have 12 players ranked inside the top 100 (Richardson goes into top 100 after tonight's performance I believe), BBM says you have the best team in the league, and you're 1-3 on the season because your league is insanely competitive, and your opponents are getting ridiculously lucky (Lonzo Ball, Russell, and Curry just combined for 11 blocks for my opponent to help him beat me 5-4). 

This has been an on-going theme for me for 3 seasons, I draft a great team, only to have the guys I face put up career lines week after week.

Three weeks ago it was Cousins getting player of the week honors and breaking records, last week it was JJ Redick dropping career highs, this week its Lonzo ball deciding to get 8 blocks. 

Somehow even though BBM projects me to be a cusp 80% FT team, because my team doesn't take enough attempts, Warren or Gordon only have to f--- me once on the week and I've been averaging 75% - 76% FT and I'm 0-4 in a cat I'd thought I'd be strong in. I sat at 83% the entire week, and Gordon only had to go 5/10 one game and I went all the way down to 76.

Extremely frustrating season thus far. Really love my team, really hate fantasy; that's life I guess!

Luckily even sitting at 16-19 on the season, the entire league is only a few wins apart due to how balanced the league is (we only have max 3 moves on the week so everyone is able to make good pick ups, and 70 move cap on the year), so I only need a 7-2 or 8-1 blow out and I'm in a top 4 playoff position. 

Edited by Lifschitz
25 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

xKtrP5z.png

When you have 12 players ranked inside the top 100 (Richardson goes into top 100 after tonight's performance I believe), BBM says you have the best team in the league, and you're 1-3 on the season because your league is insanely competitive, and your opponents are getting ridiculously lucky (Lonzo Ball, Russell, and Curry just combined for 11 blocks for my opponent to help him beat me 5-4). 

This has been an on-going theme for me for 3 seasons, I draft a great team, only to have the guys I face put up career lines week after week.

Three weeks ago it was Cousins getting player of the week honors and breaking records, last week it was JJ Redick dropping career highs, this week its Lonzo ball deciding to get 8 blocks. 

Somehow even though BBM projects me to be a cusp 80% FT team, because my team doesn't take enough attempts, Warren or Gordon only have to f--- me once on the week and I've been averaging 75% - 76% FT and I'm 0-4 in a cat I'd thought I'd be strong in. I sat at 83% the entire week, and Gordon only had to go 5/10 one game and I went all the way down to 76.

Extremely frustrating season thus far. Really love my team, really hate fantasy; that's life I guess!

Luckily even sitting at 16-19 on the season, the entire league is only a few wins apart due to how balanced the league is (we only have max 3 moves on the week so everyone is able to make good pick ups, and 70 move cap on the year), so I only need a 7-2 or 8-1 blow out and I'm in a top 4 playoff position. 

Great team for 20-team league mate!! Bad luck on losses :/ 

On 11/6/2017 at 9:16 AM, trusthaprocess said:

I've been surging up my rankings this week. I started the week at 8th, up to 3rd now (12 teamer roto league). Tyreke and TJ Warren helped make that happen. I had a chance to get Kuzma, but I got Warren instead. Can't say I regret my decision too much! The fact that I have the Greek Freak and Porzingod helps too! And now Nurkic is starting to come to life! Life is great right now! 

And this qualifies as a vent or  rant exactly how?

• Haha 2