NBC Sports Edge Forums

CJ Beathard 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cam InmanVerified account @CamInman  6m6 minutes ago
MJason Garrett said #Cowboys looked pre-draft at #49ers CJ Beathard. "Wasn’t surprised one bit San Francisco took him as high as they did."

David LombardiVerified account @LombardiHimself  6m6 minutes ago
MoreJason Garrett, without being asked, says that he wasn’t surprised the 49ers took CJ Beathard “as high as they did” — in the 3rd round

David LombardiVerified account @LombardiHimself  8m8 minutes ago
MorCoach Jason Garrett says the Cowboys “certainly liked CJ Beathard coming out of college.” Dallas studied him a lot pre-draft
2 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

ya... i still think the 9ers move to replace hoyer the game after he threw 350 yards with two tds and no INTs is fu#@#ng  stupid. But there's a reason why they've been terrible a for a while.

Hoyer is hot garbage. Can’t even hit double digit fantasy points for most of his games

19 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Hoyer is hot garbage. Can’t even hit double digit fantasy points for most of his games

i will have to agree to disagree. He has played some really good defenses so far this year (Arizona, seattle, carolina). In his other games--indiana, LAR--he threw for over 300 yards with two TDs per. He doesn't turn the ball over as much as some QBs and he's proven he can move the ball down the field. I wholeheartedly believe this is a retarded decision by the 49ers.

Edited by grimsfield
30 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

yes indeed, total garbo. I lost Rodgers last week and in a league where you can start 2 qb's i'm gonna roll this kid and see what he can do.

12 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

i will have to agree to disagree. He has played some really good defenses so far this year (Arizona, seattle, carolina). In his other games--indiana, LAR--he threw for over 300 yards with two TDs per. He doesn't turn the ball over as much as some QBs and he's proven he can move the ball down the field. I wholeheartedly believe this is a retarded decision by the 49ers.

Niners are 0-6. Change is needed. CJ almost rallied them back for their first win last week vs WAS on the road. 

37 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Niners are 0-6. Change is needed. CJ almost rallied them back for their first win last week vs WAS on the road. 

well, they just got worse. this wasn't the change they needed. if I owned hyde, id be selling at this point.

8 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

Why you so down on Beathard man ? 

mostly just because hoyer is the better option for this team at this point. Also, because he really wasn't that impressive in college. You have a proven vet in hoyer, who has shown to be pretty decent when healthy. But you wanna shake things up so you put your mid round rookie with no nfl experience in. I'm just saying you should probably start dallas this sunday. Because it won't be pretty. The SF offense really wasn't that bad. They ranked 13th in total yards this season. If the team wanted to change something and make their team better, they should be looking at their defense.

edit: Why are you so high on beathard? his performance against washington, who really isn't that great a defense was mediocre at best. he threw 52% with an interception. Thats not great. If you're in a 2qb league and you have to start a SF qb, do you really wanna be starting beathard over hoyer? I'm just trying to figure out how that makes sense. Do you think beathards agility is going to be a big asset? Whats the thinking here???

Edited by grimsfield
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

maybe he had Hoyer and Watson rostered, and was looking to this game to roll out the 49er while Watson is on bye?

?

I didn't. I personally have no interest in sf  QBs. I just think SF is being very dumb with this situation.

2 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

I didn't. I personally have no interest in sf  QBs. I just think SF is being very dumb with this situation.

fair enough, but we all know Cousins is heading there next season ... why not see what the rook has while some legit live ammo is flying.?

if the kid gets Hoyer's volume, I believe he will produce similarly. 

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fair enough, but we all know Cousins is heading there next season ... why not see what the rook has while some legit live ammo is flying.?

if the kid gets Hoyer's volume, I believe he will produce similarly. 

Ya, I just don't believe that.

Edited by grimsfield
9 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

mostly just because hoyer is the better option for this team at this point. Also, because he really wasn't that impressive in college. You have a proven vet in hoyer, who has shown to be pretty decent when healthy. But you wanna shake things up so you put your mid round rookie with no nfl experience in. I'm just saying you should probably start dallas this sunday. Because it won't be pretty. The SF offense really wasn't that bad. They ranked 13th in total yards this season. If the team wanted to change something and make their team better, they should be looking at their defense.

edit: Why are you so high on beathard? his performance against washington, who really isn't that great a defense was mediocre at best. he threw 52% with an interception. Thats not great. If you're in a 2qb league and you have to start a SF qb, do you really wanna be starting beathard over hoyer? I'm just trying to figure out how that makes sense. Do you think beathards agility is going to be a big asset? Whats the thinking here???

All fair points and I don't disagree with you. Truth is, none of us know what's going to happen. He could bust. He could boom. Who thought Watson would be this year's darling QB? All I'm saying is anything is possible and when a team is 0-6, change is needed. And I think that starts at QB. Look at CLE ... they finally realized they're better off with Kizer, but I know that's a horrible example since CLE is Dumpster Fire. But you have to be at least somewhat impressed with how he rallied the team last week on the road in a hostile place in DC and almost came back and won the game.

6 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

All fair points and I don't disagree with you. Truth is, none of us know what's going to happen. He could bust. He could boom. Who thought Watson would be this year's darling QB? All I'm saying is anything is possible and when a team is 0-6, change is needed. And I think that starts at QB. Look at CLE ... they finally realized they're better off with Kizer, but I know that's a horrible example since CLE is Dumpster Fire. But you have to be at least somewhat impressed with how he rallied the team last week on the road in a hostile place in DC and almost came back and won the game.

deshaun watson was the the 12th pick. Not the 104th. He also had a sterling college career throwing 41 tds his final college season. And if you want a mobile QB, it doesn't get much better. I would be just slightly willing to bet a couple more people had faith in watson over beathard coming into this season. 

Changing QB is not the answer for SF. they have played 3 literal top 5 pass defenses this season, and they still rank 13th in total yards in offense. Thats not bad. Actually thats quite impressive. Changing the offense is not the answer.

This is a badly managed organization making another bad decision.

Edited by grimsfield
11 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

So what if Hoyer had 350 against the Colts? They had to air it out because they were down 20-6 going into the 4th quarter. They had to air it out against the Rams (his other 300yd game) because they were down 34-20 going into the 4th quarter. He put up garbage time yards and garbage time TDs in both games, so why are we supposed to believe that Hoyer is so great? Then they found themselves in familiar position down 14 points to Washington, and Shanny decided he had had enough and made the switch. 

Don't try to make us believe that Hoyer is a competent QB when all of his TDs this season and a lot of his yardage came in the 4th quarters of two games when they were down by 14. Sorry...not buying. I'm not here to say that Beathard is going to be a good QB because I don't know (neither do you). But you're not going to make me believe that Hoyer is somehow a good or average or competent QB. I chuckled when I saw you griping about his benching one game after his 350yd game because he didn't even have double-digit fantasy points going into the 4thQ of that game. 

They are 0-6, and their starting QB for those six games has ZERO TD in the first three quarters of all six games combined. Let that sink in for a moment...ZERO TD in the first three quarters of every game. I don't blame Shanny for making a change at all. Something/someone has to spark them before the 4th quarter, so why not see if this rookie can be that spark. If not, go back to Hoyer and get ready to have the first overall pick next year. 

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

So what if Hoyer had 350 against the Colts? They had to air it out because they were down 20-6 going into the 4th quarter. They had to air it out against the Rams (his other 300yd game) because they were down 34-20 going into the 4th quarter. He put up garbage time yards and garbage time TDs in both games, so why are we supposed to believe that Hoyer is so great? Then they found themselves in familiar position down 14 points to Washington, and Shanny decided he had had enough and made the switch. 

Don't try to make us believe that Hoyer is a competent QB when all of his TDs this season and a lot of his yardage came in the 4th quarters of two games when they were down by 14. Sorry...not buying. I'm not here to say that Beathard is going to be a good QB because I don't know (neither do you). But you're not going to make me believe that Hoyer is somehow a good or average or competent QB. I chuckled when I saw you griping about his benching one game after his 350yd game because he didn't even have double-digit fantasy points going into the 4thQ of that game. 

They are 0-6, and their starting QB for those six games has ZERO TD in the first three quarters of all six games combined. Let that sink in for a moment...ZERO TD in the first three quarters of every game. I don't blame Shanny for making a change at all. Something/someone has to spark them before the 4th quarter, so why not see if this rookie can be that spark. If not, go back to Hoyer and get ready to have the first overall pick next year. 

I'm not going to respond to this because I feel like I've made my point pretty clear with my previous posts. I'll just let this sunday speak for itself.

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Wow, didn't know that