NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trade Jordy - Auction Keeper League (WHIR)

AAWWyeah

16-team PPR Auction Draft keeper league, $200 budget). Can keep up to 4 each year.  Auction value goes up $5 in first year player is kept, $10 each year after.  My team is not nearly strong enough to win this year (injuries have really hurt), and there is nothing on WW, so I’m unfortunately having to look to next year already (I’ve won two years in a row already, so I’m okay not winning this year).  I’ve been offered the following:

I give Jordy ($27 next year, $37 in two years) and Wilson ($25 next year)

I get: Carr ($11 next year), D. Cook ($42 next year), D. Martin ($11 next year)

my other potential keepers are DJ ($26 next year), Carson ($6 next year), D. Henry ($16 next year), and, in case of miracles, J. Gordon (only $6 if he comes back). 

Is Jordy at $27 next year, $37 in two years, better than both Cook at $42 next year and Martin at $11 next year/$21 in 2 years?  My concern is that he won’t be an elite WR1 this year without AR12, and that he’s getting older and in two years will be in rapid decline.  

Thanks, and WHIR. 

Honestly based on what you have there I don't think I'd do it.  Keeping Carson at $6 or Henry at $16, I doubt Murray lasts another year, to pair up with DJ at 26 seems much better than a $42 dalvin cook.  Jordy at 237 next year, with Rodgers back, is a top 10 WR again and that is incredible value.   I disagree with the rest I'm holding.  We don't even know if Cook will be the same Cook next year.

I think I'd do that deal if there will be decent WR options available next year.  It's hard to give up Jordy's value, but a DJ/Cook backfield would be awesome.  If you can turn around and get another elite WR, I say go for it.

Thanks for mine!

1 minute ago, Bandito said:

I think I'd do that deal if there will be decent WR options available next year.  It's hard to give up Jordy's value, but a DJ/Cook backfield would be awesome.  If you can turn around and get another elite WR, I say go for it.

Thanks for mine!

That's the thing, I'll have a ton of fantastic RB keeper options between DJ ($26), Cook ($42), D. Henry ($16), Martin ($11), Carson ($6), and only one [potential lottery keeper] WR in Josh Gordon (for only $6, I'm keeping the faith that he'll return and be good).  I can only keep up to 4, so I'll flip a couple of the RB for another solid keeper WR.  I just worry about Jordy's age and think my window on getting any sort of value for him is closing fairly rapidly.