NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Fresh Free Keeper League

I'm looking to start a new Keeper League for fantasy basketball. I've been doing fantasy basketball for several years now, but I usually join a random league where half the owners typically are inactive.

This will be a free 10-14 team league and hope to start it on Oct 23rd. Planning on drafting the weekend of Oct 21 or 22, and I'm just looking for people who are competitive but ultimately just enjoy playing fantasy basketball. If successful, we could look into making it a money league in the future. This would be my first time ever doing keepers (for either basketball or football), so experience with keepers is not necessary whatsoever.

Let me know if you're interested!

P.S I don't care what site we use either plz reply if interested and what site you prefer

Edited by ruqua

I’m interested if it’s: A. On Yahoo and B. No more than 10 managers

I’m a highly active/competitive manager, and I have experience with keeper leagues, so shoot me a DM if you think I’d be a good fit

Oh and one more thing; I do have work this weekend so the draft time might be a slight issue, but message me and we’ll see!

Cheers!

I've never been in a keeper league either and would love to join. 

I'll be active regardless if it's free or pay, but I usually find that payment is the only incentive that ensures people play. I think I would rather have more than 4 keepers, in fact I've heard of leagues that are all keepers and just have a rookie/fa draft. I guess that's more of a "dynasty league" than a "keeper league" but I think 4 is too few nonetheless.

1 hour ago, crsevensix said:

I've never been in a keeper league either and would love to join. 

I'll be active regardless if it's free or pay, but I usually find that payment is the only incentive that ensures people play. I think I would rather have more than 4 keepers, in fact I've heard of leagues that are all keepers and just have a rookie/fa draft. I guess that's more of a "dynasty league" than a "keeper league" but I think 4 is too few nonetheless.

In my previous keeper leagues we've never had more than 4 keepers, and usually its 3. Everyone has their own preferences, but I've always thought 3-4 was a good number because you get to keep a nice core of players without making subsequent year's drafts boring from lack of good players in the draft pool.

Anyway ruqua, if it's a 10-team H2H Yahoo league I'm in, I don't mind 8 or 9 cat and I'm flexible on the number of keepers. 

j.ferguson66@outlook.com is my email, though I should also add that I work 3-10 both Saturday/Sunday so in order for me to make the draft it'd have to be around noon either day or later at night either day. 

If all that lines up please add me, if not that's okay too.

Cheers!