NBC Sports Edge Forums

Greg Monroe 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

must be nice playing in some cupcake league where dinwiddie is even available right now

Used my last move on him for the week...

There is nothing to debate here. Take a flier on the guy, if he doesn't work out, you drop him for someone better on the wire. Simple as that. Lot of nonsensical talk happening in here.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Manos A said:

Well no, saying Monroe is garbage is harsh. Monroe has great skills but unluckily for him the nba has almost no use for a skill set like his nowadays. I guess you could  say both Timmy and Monroe are monsters in the post and they have great passing skills for big mans. But Duncan was a leadership figure with the competitive nature of a champion. He is definitely the best PF of all time so its not just his D that Monroe is lacking. I can see what you are saying though. Didnt mean to bust your balls:lol:

fixed

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, The Jaguar Paw said:

The part I fixed is bolded

:lol: Oh i didnt notice at first. Well we share the same opinion on that but i didnt want to be subjective.

Edited by Manos A

The main reason Monroe does not fit today's nba style is his defense and its not due to lack of trying. He is too slow to switch on picks and defend a guard,  he is not athletic or long enough to make up for his horrendous lateral movement.  

Ever since the great Steve Nash left, the Suns organization has been an unbelievable Joke.  There are countless mistakes the organization made. From letting go of Dragic, Isiah and Bledsoe for basically nothing now to this.  How does a player go from a DNP-CD to being the starter? and it's anybody's guess as to what happens the next game. This organization is such a mess, you can't even properly put it into words. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Manos A said:

The main reason Monroe does not fit today's nba style is his defense and its not due to lack of trying. He is too slow to switch on picks and defend a guard,  he is not athletic or long enough to make up for his horrendous lateral movement.  

He is talented in scoring/rebounding/assisting/and even sometimes steals though. Woulda been a star in the 2000s...probably developed the game of early 2000s and got in his prime when the game changed. Sad for him.

Jason Kidd happened that's what.  He did well for the Bucks up until Kidd decided that he wanted more defense out of that position.  He's been ruined ever since.  He can still play it just depends on having a coach that trusts him.  He's mobile enough that he can start for a handful of NBA teams.

On 11/30/2017 at 11:27 AM, Johnnyapplebot said:

He is talented in scoring/rebounding/assisting/and even sometimes steals though. Woulda been a star in the 2000s...probably developed the game of early 2000s and got in his prime when the game changed. Sad for him.

I watched him play he can defend but he has no motivation...

8 minutes ago, nbachamp said:

I watched him play he can defend but he has no motivation...

Don't blame him. 27 years old in his prime and proven to be a double double stud but doesn't get used because his skill sets are from the old generation. He should try to work on his 3 point shot. His skill set is just obsolete in todays NBA. Was born too late, shoulda been born in the 70s.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
On 12/1/2017 at 6:31 PM, greatestmetfan said:

Not getting the old generation argument when Kanter has a similar game and is doing great. I think he just needs to be in the right system and get minutes. These Phoenix games have looked promising, just give him minutes!

Is Kanter doing great though?

46 minutes ago, Manos A said:

Is Kanter doing great though?

14/10.5 on 63% shooting and 90% from the line I'd say is great for 9 cat

Putting him ahead of a few nobodies in ranking like Devin Booker, Demar Derozan, C.J. McCollum, and only a rank behind Myles Turner.

So yeah I think he's doing pretty well, though if you want to point out last night where they were blown out and the starters barely played then that's fair.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

14/10.5 on 63% shooting and 90% from the line I'd say is great for 9 cat

Putting him ahead of a few nobodies in ranking like Devin Booker, Demar Derozan, C.J. McCollum, and only a rank behind Myles Turner.

So yeah I think he's doing pretty well, though if you want to point out last night where they were blown out and the starters barely played then that's fair.

Fantasy wise Kanter is having a strong start of the Season so far, no argue there. But in reality he is going from one team to another every year for a reason. Do you think Knicks have Kanter on their plans? Do you think they care about his stats?Jazz did the right thing and they moved him in order to invest in Gobert. OKC moved him because they had no use for him either, and Knicks got him just because they couldnt get any value from a Melo trade (thx to the way Phill Jackson and Melo himself treated this). Monroe has a similar skillset to Kanter only better. Monroe has better post moves, passing skills, vision and even defense ffs. It just happens Kanter is in a better situation in NY than Monroe is in Phoenix. Btw im not expecting Kanter to roll the way he has until the end of the season and i would not be shocked if i d' rather own Monroe instead when its playoff time in fantasy. 

1 hour ago, Manos A said:

Fantasy wise Kanter is having a strong start of the Season so far, no argue there. But in reality he is going from one team to another every year for a reason. Do you think Knicks have Kanter on their plans? Do you think they care about his stats?Jazz did the right thing and they moved him in order to invest in Gobert. OKC moved him because they had no use for him either, and Knicks got him just because they couldnt get any value from a Melo trade (thx to the way Phill Jackson and Melo himself treated this). Monroe has a similar skillset to Kanter only better. Monroe has better post moves, passing skills, vision and even defense ffs. It just happens Kanter is in a better situation in NY than Monroe is in Phoenix. Btw im not expecting Kanter to roll the way he has until the end of the season and i would not be shocked if i d' rather own Monroe instead when its playoff time in fantasy. 

I'm not sure I understand what we're debating here. My original statement was:

"Not getting the old generation argument when Kanter has a similar game and is doing great. I think he just needs to be in the right system and get minutes. These Phoenix games have looked promising, just give him minutes!"

You confirmed that they have similar games and even confirmed Kanter is having a strong fantasy season. What teams consider him IRL is irrelevant to this forum all that matters is his fantasy value and if that'll stick or not and as of right now there's no reason to think that's going anywhere. Monroe could have similar value if the Suns give him minutes which it looks like you agree with as well but he's not getting those minutes.

In summary, Kanter is having a great year and making the Knicks better (even than they were with Melo), Monroe needs minutes to be productive and could be like Kanter if he gets them but probably won't, and lastly,  I want to apologize to the forum for ranting about Kanter in the Greg Monroe thread.

45 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

I'm not sure I understand what we're debating here. My original statement was:

"Not getting the old generation argument when Kanter has a similar game and is doing great. I think he just needs to be in the right system and get minutes. These Phoenix games have looked promising, just give him minutes!"

You confirmed that they have similar games and even confirmed Kanter is having a strong fantasy season. What teams consider him IRL is irrelevant to this forum all that matters is his fantasy value and if that'll stick or not and as of right now there's no reason to think that's going anywhere. Monroe could have similar value if the Suns give him minutes which it looks like you agree with as well but he's not getting those minutes.

In summary, Kanter is having a great year and making the Knicks better (even than they were with Melo), Monroe needs minutes to be productive and could be like Kanter if he gets them but probably won't, and lastly,  I want to apologize to the forum for ranting about Kanter in the Greg Monroe thread.

Apology not accepted, to the pit of misery you go......

• Haha 2

I can't remember what thread it was, probably the waiver wire touts thread, that said the Suns have been rotating the starting centers every three games. Whoever that was, you were on the money. Tyson Chandler will be rested tonight and Greg Monroe will get the start, with Alex Len a GTD to play. Great for a stream today and a hold to see what happens with his contract situation IMO.