NBC Sports Edge Forums

Greg Monroe 2017-2018 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, q6174 said:

They got a ton of picks out of a bad situation where they were the one forced to trade.. and Monroe was added just for salary cap reason....

A ton of picks? They just got a non lottery first that will probably be conveyed in 2020 and a second. That's not a lot for Bledsoe.

Regarding Monroe he cannot sign with the Bucks. I guess it's between NOLA and Celtics. One very good scenario and one bad.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

must be nice playing in some cupcake league where dinwiddie is even available right now

Used my last move on him for the week...

There is nothing to debate here. Take a flier on the guy, if he doesn't work out, you drop him for someone better on the wire. Simple as that. Lot of nonsensical talk happening in here.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

how does NBA waiver work? if he clears waiver, he can choose which team he can sign with?

yup and he will most likely clear waivers. He's still young so idk if he wants to accept the minimum payment to play for NO who wont want him next season and are going nowhere this season. Obviously that's the perfect landing spot for him in terms of fantasy. Anyway im going to hold onto him until he signs somewhere.

5 hours ago, q6174 said:

They got a ton of picks out of a bad situation where they were the one forced to trade.. and Monroe was added just for salary cap reason....

Two "protected" picks. Not tons of good picks. Two picks that are in favor of Milwaukee.

5 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

I'm thinking around the 14/7-8 range as a starter with the Pelicans. I'll live with that. 

HispanicTuna, I actually think he will get 30 mins a night and Monroe has a VERY FRIENDLY fantasy game. 15 pts 7 reb 4 assists on good percentages and a steal a game is what I expect.

Just checked the last time he averaged 30 mins a game in a season was in 2015-16 season and he averaged  15.3ppg 8.8 rpg 2.3 apg 0.9 spg 0.8 bpg .522 FG% .740 FT %.

So now I would expect the assists to be around 2.5 to 3 and not 4.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1

He never averaged more than 2 assists in his career besides for 1 season with 3.5 back in 2012. That's a huge fluke, so I don't expect anything above 2 especially with Rondo/Holiday running the backcourt. Maybe 15/8 and good percentages I can see, but I'm leaning towards 14/7. If he gets traded to the Pelicans, I hope I'm wrong but he only cost me a late round pick. 

4 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

He never averaged more than 2 assists in his career besides for 1 season with 3.5 back in 2012. That's a huge fluke, so I don't expect anything above 2 especially with Rondo/Holiday running the backcourt. Maybe 15/8 and good percentages I can see, but I'm leaning towards 14/7. If he gets traded to the Pelicans, I hope I'm wrong but he only cost me a late round pick. 

HispanicTuna yeah 4 is too much. I still don't mind 14/7/1.5 to 2 assists. I got him as a FA so it cost me nothing.

2 minutes ago, driss lol said:

surprised Celtics would even want him with his trash a** defense.

I think he'd fit good in Boston. They'd be in the same boat as the Pelicans having a defensive big next to him. I'm not saying Horford is an elite defensive big like AD is, but he's good enough to make up for it.