NBC Sports Edge Forums

Waiver Wire Pickups Week 1

9 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Crabbe is what Crabbe is, which is mostly points and threes.  If that's what you need, you should definitely scoop him up.  His minutes will go up some, I think, but he was already going to get 26-29 minutes, so they can't go up enough to cover all of what they're gonna lose from Lin.

Levert was looking at the low to mid 20s, so now people are saying (and I agree) that he'll bump up to high 20s.  In most leagues, for most players, that's the line between non-rosterable and rosterable.  Levert also offers a wider variety of stats.  He won't get the threes Crabbe does, and he probably won't get the points, either.  But he can match him in assists and beat him at all the other counting stats.

Thanks for the breakdown. I think I was enamoured by Crabbe’s production by half time and turned off by last season’s headaches from owning Lavert.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From whats avail. in my 12 team league my watch list/Add list after the first round of games

Belinelli (atlanta has ZERO scoring behind schroder)

Oubre (washington lacks depth and hes a multi category producer)

Murray (parker is old and although he wont score much or hit many 3's the counting stats might be there)

Rozier (no depth so will get good run)

Galloway (1 of 2 3 pt shooters in the rotation and prob their 6th man)

then for deeper leagues

T. Ross (im a magic fan and their rotation from last night is exactly what it will be all year, ross is going to be hella streaky though)

Crabee/Levert (Lin injury open up some PT but not much upside with either except maybe levert but i doubt they give him enough run)

John Collins (upside stash, by halfway point should in theory be getting at least 25 min per game)

anyone else mentioned in this thread to this point i feel arent going to be very relevant except for streaming purposes obviously

^ I think all the guys you mentioned for 'deeper leagues' work just as well for standards/12 team, while I would likely slide Belinelli to somewhere between deeper and 12 man (closer to deeper).. he's in that CJ Miles mould, a one trick pony.

Edited by Lifschitz
16 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

^ I think all the guys you mentioned for 'deeper leagues' work just as well for standards/12 team, while I would likely slide Belinelli to somewhere between deeper and 12 man (closer to deeper).. he's in that CJ Miles mould, a one trick pony.

yea fair enough on belinelli

with ross i just dont think he will be consistent enough to warrant a permanent roster spot in 12 teamers or less with limited bench spots, more of a streamer for his hot streaks

with crabee/levert i can see levert due to his lottery pick status becoming a standard add not so much crabee as i think he is what he is

and collins is more of a rookie stereotype where he wont see consistent minutes due to coaches being dumb as usual so wont be worth a permanent roster spot with said inconsistencies

Edited by kmoore1521
4 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

Yeah, I really doubt John Collins is a worse guy to have on your roster than Langston Galloway, for example.

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

Yeah, I really doubt John Collins is a worse guy to have on your roster than Langston Galloway, for example.

yea i was a little tired still and was just doing my preliminary box score search/analyzing

so id bump galloway down now that ive had more time to consider haha whoops

9 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

The thing about Collins- and I guess I'm sorta feeding it, really- is that because rookies are such unknowns, people only see the good in them.  Your average owner looking at Oubre probably remembers him disappointing in years past, but when they look at Collins, they see sugar and spice and everything nice.

I'm biased because I've been buying on Collins for weeks now (I even started him in my main league, which is a weekly- starting a rookie in the first week of a weekly league obviously means something, and I usually hate rookies), but I feel like in most leagues, you'll have to do more than "watch closely".  That said, he doesn't fit every team.

Yeah, thats a fair assessment.  Because of their performance in the preseason and summer league, we tend to wear rose-colored glasses expecting the similar output during the season.  But we subconsciously forget that 1) They are playing against inferior competition 2) They are battling for minutes against established NBA players. 

I'm in a 14-teamer weekly, and I think hes definitely a pick-up in my league.  In 10, he's probably best left on the wire until you have a bigger sample of games.  In 12, hes probably a stasher or on your watch list. 

11 hours ago, patentboy23 said:

T Ross def. add. DeMarre Carroll? 

Nah, wouldnt add Demarre. I think nets will go with Levert/Crabbe over Demarre eventually. Demarre wont give you 9 rebs every game and as soon as he has a bad game he would get dropped instantly.

Edited by mjp90
4 hours ago, bloop343 said:

Yeah, thats a fair assessment.  Because of their performance in the preseason and summer league, we tend to wear rose-colored glasses expecting the similar output during the season.  But we subconsciously forget that 1) They are playing against inferior competition 2) They are battling for minutes against established NBA players. 

I'm in a 14-teamer weekly, and I think hes definitely a pick-up in my league.  In 10, he's probably best left on the wire until you have a bigger sample of games.  In 12, hes probably a stasher or on your watch list. 

Also in a 14 team league, but mine is 9 cat roto. I took a punt on him through auction waivers, I also lost Hayward so I thought i'd take a risk on Collins. 

5 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Larry Nance Jr a good add - anyone think he can keep that PF job all year?

Randle doesn't look like hes getting much of a look in at all. Nance Jr. is the only reason the Lakers are even remotely in this game atm I think he'll have a solid amount of minutes guaranteed going forward. 

What do you guys think Kelly Oubre's line will look like going forward? Thinking about picking him up.

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

Nah I dont see Nance maintaining a steady role moving forward. Been on the Nance bandwagon last couple yrs, and whilst he has the talent and ability to put up good stats, everytime he has a good game, he always seems to let down in the next. Inconsistent, I guess if he gets good run he will be good, but you'd think Randle would take his starting spot eventually.

8 minutes ago, mjp90 said:

Nah I dont see Nance maintaining a steady role moving forward. Been on the Nance bandwagon last couple yrs, and whilst he has the talent and ability to put up good stats, everytime he has a good game, he always seems to let down in the next. Inconsistent, I guess if he gets good run he will be good, but you'd think Randle would take his starting spot eventually.

Kuzma played more minutes than Randle lol

2 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Kuzma played more minutes than Randle lol

Kuzma and Randle both played 18 mins. Randle was coming off an injury from last week. Minutes would rise if he stays healthy? 

59 minutes ago, mjp90 said:

He's their best defensive forward... lack of an offensive game, but his defense will keep him on the court. 

2 hours ago, pushaZ said:

I doubt it, but he's one of the best players on the team, Randle is one of the worst, he fits better with the starters and Randle should be better against bench units (even though he was a catastrophe tonight). Fantasy-friendly game though, and even if he gets 25 minutes per he's probably a must-own player. It's a crowded frontcourt but that seems a reasonable target. 

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic