NBC Sports Edge Forums

Waiver Wire Pickups Week 1

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, worldclass said:

Everyone is going nuts for Rozier, Delon Wright just looks like he should be a starting pg in the league right now. This guy is a virtual lock for 28 min/game. He just looks better than Lowry too. 

mini-John Wall. Get him while you can. 

Mini-John Wall is quite the high praise.

13 minutes ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

You think Wright is that good? Really? I mean its only been two games and both have been blowouts? Would you drop Fultz for him in a 9 cat roto 14 man league?

Spencer Dinwiddie

Nets playing him as backup PG, can play next to Russell also. That pace makes for fantasy gold. With Lin out, and LeVert sucking, this could be a long-term situation.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/nets-thrilled-with-spencer-dinwiddie-s-leadership-and-maturity-1.14569965 

21 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Spencer Dinwiddie

Nets playing him as backup PG, can play next to Russell also. That pace makes for fantasy gold. With Lin out, and LeVert sucking, this could be a long-term situation.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/nets-thrilled-with-spencer-dinwiddie-s-leadership-and-maturity-1.14569965 

Umm how is LeVert sucking? lol

4 hours ago, worldclass said:

Everyone is going nuts for Rozier, Delon Wright just looks like he should be a starting pg in the league right now. This guy is a virtual lock for 28 min/game. He just looks better than Lowry too. 

mini-John Wall. Get him while you can. 

Nice catch on Delon Wright. Just picked him up. I'm dying for assist. 

7 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Spencer Dinwiddie

He actually has looked decent, but I'd say he's probably only a pick-up if you aren't concerned about FG%.

7 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Nice catch on Delon Wright. Just picked him up. I'm dying for assist. 

He definitely has looked solid, but he might not be the best pick-up if you really are desperate for assists since he only is averaging 3 per game so far.  Also, the mini-John Wall comparison might be a little much given the fact that Wall gets basically 10 per game.  Again, he has looked solid enough otherwise.

22 hours ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

When we include the word "mini," it kindly lets us compare anyone to current superstars lol

Brandon ingram: mini giannis

Delon Wright: mini john wall

Taurean Prince: mini kawhi

18 minutes ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

just picked up taurean prince and jerryd bayless as streamers 

I have a hard time trusting Bayless, he's injury prone, he goes on hot stretches and then disappears for very long periods where he can't find his shot, he's not a great steals/assists/FG% guy. I think that FG% will come down to his career norms, and he'll be more of a points/3's guy similar to Belinelli.

He's in a good spot right now because Ben Simmons and Embiid are there to soak up the attention, so he just has to move to the right spots and he'll keep nailing open looks. I like him if you're in need of 3's, but I would be very careful to drop anyone who's a better player and is simply slumping. 

For example if you took a flier on someone like Donovan Mitchell, then Bayless makes a lot of sense as a pickup. 

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic