NBC Sports Edge Forums

Domantas Sabonis 2017-2018 Season Outlook

14 hours ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

he's a really good player irl .. watching him play, u can see he always makes the right move. reminds me of a smaller marc gasol.

i think he should start with turner back tbh .. could be a deadly front court 

His dad used to be a super Marc Gasol, the blood runs deep

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just missed out on picking him up by half an hour (acquisition limit reached last week).

Definitely intriguing with the potential to play next to Turner, but don't think that will happen for prolonged durations in a game. Still think he can carve out minutes in the mid-20s once Turner is back.

21 minutes ago, boneyjones said:

I'm so old I remember having Arvydas on my fantasy team. He came to the NBA and was old and slow but was still a very solid, well rounded player for a few years. 

7 hours ago, boneyjones said:

You clearly dont know who sabonis was. Sabonis is the best player from europe and one of the best player to play basketball everywhere in this world. 7.2 footer that blocked shots , rebounded like a beast and had a guard game and could shoot threes. Sabonis was a freak of nature. The man tore his aquilles in the 80s from playing too much in the serve of the sovietic union. By the time he cane to the nba he had several game ending injuries on his knees and boatload of interventions on it. So hes not a supergasol. Hes one of the best players to ever play the game. If son could be 10% of what he was he would an all star

24 minutes ago, Dupontpt said:

You clearly dont know who sabonis was. Sabonis is the best player from europe and one of the best player to play basketball everywhere in this world. 7.2 footer that blocked shots , rebounded like a beast and had a guard game and could shoot threes. Sabonis was a freak of nature. The man tore his aquilles in the 80s from playing too much in the serve of the sovietic union. By the time he cane to the nba he had several game ending injuries on his knees and boatload of interventions on it. So hes not a supergasol. Hes one of the best players to ever play the game. If son could be 10% of what he was he would an all star

As a blazer fan, liked 100%.

I'm really bummed about this virus or whatever from a weekly perspective.  The end of his week is in jeopardy of Turner coming back and now the start of his week is in jeopardy with this.

I have an hour to decide whether or not to start him and I highly doubt any new information will come out until tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Dupontpt said:

I used to watch a lot of those international games when he was on his prime, and this is spot on. That guy was indeed a freak of nature. There was nothing he couldn't do both on offense and defense. One of the best passing big men I've ever seen, and could shoot from anywhere. I've always wondered what his career numbers would had been if he had played in the NBA from an early age.

1 hour ago, guess_wh0 said:

Clearly you don't know what Super Gasol would be then. Because what you described is exactly what I would call Super Gasol.

Who da f--- is super marc gasol compared to this :

They re game is nothing alike its like saying that biyombo is the mini shaq because he only dunks

Those were probably the worst/best highlights I've ever seen.  

The first play is a blocking foul or charge that we see three different times.  What the f---?  A clip of him arguing with a ref and then being funny?  Quasi Rocky music?

If they're serious, Lithuania is decades behind in the youtube highlight making race.  If they're trying to be goofy and dumb and funny, they're lightyears ahead.

Anyway, I don't know if he's your dad or what, @Dupontpt, but yeah, that's kinda like a Super Gasol.  A big man that dunks and sky hooks and shoots threes and blocks shots.  We got it.  If he is your dad, are you Domantas?  Can you tell me about your lungs today?  I really want to know whether to start you or not in a weekly, help me out.

27 minutes ago, Dupontpt said:

Who da f--- is super marc gasol compared to this :

They re game is nothing alike its like saying that biyombo is the mini shaq because he only dunks

Lol...you're right, that guy is no Super Marc Gasol. He's barely Marc Gasol lite. Seems like a slower, more ancient version of Jokic.

Best Euro player?...keep dreaming. There's this 7 foot German dude who might have something to say about that.

I'm assuming English is not your first or second or even third language. Super Marc Gasol was a compliment. Not sure why you got so worked up.

31 minutes ago, guess_wh0 said:

Lol...you're right, that guy is no Super Marc Gasol. He's barely Marc Gasol lite. Seems like a slower, more ancient version of Jokic.

Best Euro player?...keep dreaming. There's this 7 foot German dude who might have something to say about that.

I'm assuming English is not your first or second or even third language. Super Marc Gasol was a compliment. Not sure why you got so worked up.

How old are you...? Just because you don't know something doesn't mean you have to devalue it. Sabonis is a legend. Go look up his stats and PER in the NBA, which he put up when he was in his 30's and after god knows how many surgeries and medical procedures

Wow, this guy already missed a shot...  What a scrub...!!

Hahaha, wow what a revelation!  I hope the coachspeak is true and he's really earned minutes next to Turner because he has been incredible.