NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyler Ulis 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Didn't see a thread for him, and won a lot of people their leagues last year. 

What are your thoughts on him this year? Probably a non-factor in smaller leagues for now, but in 12-14 man, what kind of production do you foresee with Bledsoe back in the picture?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ulis be like  

On board with this guy.   You snooze, Ulis....

If that trade went down I'm betting they start mudiay over Ulis unfortunately, even though mudiay is hot garbage.

Posted Images

He will play around 25 min/game. 

Bledsoe will be in the rotation with him for 7-10 min I bet. Bledsoe is actually a quietly good catch and shoot 3 point shooter, he just never has anyone passing to him for open looks. Almost all his points are created by him, I think he could be a really deadly off ball player.

If you run Ulis-Bledsoe-Booker lineups, Ulis ability to push the pace and get to the rim will open up one of Booker or Bledsoe on the outside. 

And if Bender is just a bit better, you get some really, really creative options with Ulis / Bledsoe / Bender, as all three are distributors and can open up a lot of floor space. 

Ulis is being praised by Calipari as a good enough to start PG right now in the league, and the Suns feel the same way. They aren't going to let him sit and warm the bench until Bledsoe's inevitable late season benching. They have a young, fun team and Ulis is a contributor to the fun scale, even if they are not competitive this year. 

Edited by worldclass
1 hour ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

What if they trade Ulis & James with bledsoe and get no PG back? Do they sign Jordan Crawford?! 

You should probably just go ahead and pick up Vander Blue - he's the guy they're getting in a blockbuster deal.

Psst...  Have you looked at the depth in Phoenix?  I'll be shocked if they trade for anything other than a point guard unless it's an expiring corpse and picks.  

20 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

You should probably just go ahead and pick up Vander Blue - he's the guy they're getting in a blockbuster deal.

Psst...  Have you looked at the depth in Phoenix?  I'll be shocked if they trade for anything other than a point guard unless it's an expiring corpse and picks.  

Just trying to see if Ulis or James is worth a speculative add, your sarcasm isnt helping! :angry:

2 hours ago, adifferentlogik said:

When do you think Bledsoe is moved? Ulis went on a tear end of last season and could be a top 10 PG if given the usage. 

I had him last year and he was def useful down the stretch but lol

Top 10!?

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Yea I know. Ulis being a top 10 PG is stretching too far. 

Based off of my league settings he was top-50 overall for the last month of the year. My league does assist-to-turnover ratio instead of turnovers. 

Edited by adifferentlogik
1 hour ago, bhkim814 said:

Yea I know. Ulis being a top 10 PG is stretching too far. 

Yeah top 10 PG means he’s in the list with Russ, curry, wall, lillard, kyrie, Lowry, kemba, Conley etc - not happening 

1 hour ago, adifferentlogik said:

Based off of my league settings he was top-50 overall for the last month of the year. My league does assist-to-turnover ratio instead of turnovers. 

Ok. That isn't really helpful in general though.

I have a league where we only play Suns players. I really want Bledsoe to get traded so Ulis is PG1. But, I never post about that league because it is grandly out of of alignment from typical leagues. 

28 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

I have a league where we only play Suns players. I really want Bledsoe to get traded so Ulis is PG1. But, I never post about that league because it is grandly out of of alignment from typical leagues. 

Grandly out of alignment from typical leagues? I think generally most of the managers in these forums play in varying league types so you never know how you're information will help others.  I clarified the measure I was using to assess Ulis so how isn't that helpful? Assuming that everyone generally plays in the same type of league utilizing the same strategy is "grandly out of alignment from typical leagues". We all play in different leagues under varying strategies that cause player values to vary "grandly out of alignment from typical leagues".  I think what isn't helpful is the post you just made. 

Edited by adifferentlogik
1 minute ago, adifferentlogik said:

Grandly out of alignment from typical leagues? I think generally most of the managers in these forums play in varying league types so you never know how you're information will help others. Assuming that everyone generally plays in the same type of league utilizing the same strategy is "grandly out of alignment from typical leagues". We all play in different leagues under varying strategies that cause players values to vary "grandly out of alignment from typical leagues".  I think what isn't helpful is the post you just made. 

Ya, 

I never post about my Suns only league because it is grandly out of alignment with other leagues.

a league where Ulis is top 10 PG is probably there, too.

Just now, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Ya, 

I never post about my Suns only league because it is grandly out of alignment with other leagues.

a league where Ulis is top 10 PG is probably there, too.

How did that post help someone assess Ulis's value in anyway? 

Punt turnover build

Punt fg % build

Assist-to-turnover leagues

Punt blocks build

Will all cause his value to rise dramatically. 

17 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Yep, which is why it's important to state the league setting or the points setup prior to making such a bold claim.
For instance, people would be less confused if we say Gobert, Turner, Porter, and Whiteside finished last season in the top 12 when punting Asts category (9-cat)/ 

Ulis was #115 according to BasketballMonster during 3/12/17 - 4/12/17 (9-cat)
He did have a good assist to turnover ratio during that span. 

There is a reason why rotoworld, espn, nba, and various fantasy articles and blogs rank their players the way they do. The majority play with default settings or with a minimal changes in their leagues, and therefore such articles and information can be helpful. Assist to TO ratio seems fun to play with, but stating Ulis as a top 10 Pg without any other information, leave the readers confused as f lol 

• Like 1