NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Tyler Ulis 2017-2018 Season Outlook

j312311

In my FAAB league I picked up Ulis after Mondays game simply because I knew everyone would go after James and I could get Ulis for cheap.

I think they're going to trade games like this, really. If you're hard up for PGs like I am until Smart is back and Bledsoe is traded, Ulis can be serviceable but I don't expect him to wrest the job completely away. I'm thinking timeshare. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

How does this trade affect Ulis? Should his minutes increase or is Mike James still PG1?

should remain the same bledsoe wasnt playing

james is the starter, has been playing better than ulis but both will pretty much play the same amount of minutes

6 minutes ago, affliction said:

should remain the same bledsoe wasnt playing

james is the starter, has been playing better than ulis but both will pretty much play the same amount of minutes

agree and watched the game last night, ullis is just too small to be fantasy relevant for a long stretch imo, dude looked like a kid and hes scrawny way worse than IT size wise

• Like 1

It's a pity too.  I just grabbed Mike James but I still like Ulis.  He had some really nice stretches last year when Phoenix decided to let him play.  I do agree though, he's a pretty small dude; unlike guys like IT2 or Lowry, who are actually built--although NBA short--Ulis isn't hefty at all.  Watching him last year, he does play fairly aggressively, just like the other two (just because you're short doesn't mean you're a poor defender, as Lowry and CP3 are good ones), however he does bounce off defenders and attacking PGs alike.

This guy literally won me my league last year. His last game performance won me 5 4 over my opponent. For this year, I guess I'll wait a little longer before I'll get him because of competition for minutes. Maybe if he string along a couple of good games then I'll get him. But on my watch list for sure. 

3 hours ago, c_dog said:

He was only 4% owned yesterday.  Should be picked up to see what he can do.  He does have the starting job and put up stats last year.

It is a different situation this year so I think it is a wait and see still. Even though he is starting again he is in a timeshare whereas at the end last year after they sat Bledsoe he was getting minutes in the high 30s consistently.

• Like 1

I think he will eventually get the same treatment as last year unless they somehow bring in a younger pg.. This isn't a yogi Ferrell situation where there's DSJ who's a new franchise player. This is Mike James, a 27year old rookie, who's already now playing a bench role.  You see the direction where this is going.  If you're waiting and seeing you're already missing out.

• 2 weeks later...

No love for this guy? He just dropped 12 dimes and they beat Philly badly at their own home.. He had an insane 6 games in April last year, really flashed his potential as a true point guard.

Scooped him up prior to this game but unfortunately he was on my bench on a full game slate! He's got a back to back tomorrow against Toronto and another game on Thursday, so he's playing on the off-days which is nice.

Check out his past few weeks since getting regular PT, and particularly lately since becoming the starting PG:

s9aZTbL.png

He's had really only 3 bad games in his last 10, considering how thin PG is on the wire that's a hell of a nice grab.  He's only 21 years old as well, so still learning and developing. 

Check out how he finished the season's final 2 months last year:

image.png.53214f33e8a68c131e769489293da1e8.png

• Thanks 1