NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dillon Brooks 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Rainsford

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

Dropped dedmon for him. My team sucks need some sort of light 

Hahaha I got dedmon too and was thinking of doing the same but I was gonna give dedmon another game to turn it around. You think what we saw tonight is gonna be what dedmon gives all year ?

5 minutes ago, Rainsford said:

Hahaha I got dedmon too and was thinking of doing the same but I was gonna give dedmon another game to turn it around. You think what we saw tonight is gonna be what dedmon gives all year ?

I just think Atl will be a mess for minutes 

Not bad for a second round pick. Scouts have been wrong in the past in underestimating 6-7 tweeners. (Just ask Draymond, another 2nd-rounder.)

Memphis Grizzlies rookie small forward and former Duck Dillon Brooks scored 19 points on 7-of-13 shooting and added five rebounds, four steals, two assists, and two blocks in 29 minutes off the bench in his first NBA game.

https://oregon.247sports.com/Article/Former-Oregon-Duck-Dillon-Brooks-has-record-setting-NBA-debut-in-109136536

Memphis coach David Fizdale heaped praise on rookie Dillon Brooks after his big performance on Wednesday vs. New Orleans.

"I don’t expect it, but it’s not like it was a surprise to me," Fizdale said of Brooks' 19 points, five rebounds, four steals, two assists and two blocks in 29 minutes. "I just know that he’s going to have an impact on the game whether he’s scoring or not. I’ve just got a lot of confidence in him. He’s ready." The Grizzlies depth on the wings isn't very inspiring and James Ennis, Chandler Parsons and Andrew Harrison were all underwhelming, so it's possible that Brooks could become the wing player to own in Memphis. He'll be a popular waiver-wire pickup to see if he can stay hot.

8 hours ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

looks nice with some moves 

I wouldn't drop anyone yet for him (unless you're in a deep league). They still have a few wings out injured, but dynasty he could be a nice project.

Watching his highlights there are a few things that coaches and scouts will pick up on quick. Very right hand dominant on his dribble, shot, and take (nearly always takes to the right).

Add him to watch lists, but I'd say there are better pick-ups out there right now. Heck of a rookie class its looking to be already though!!

1 hour ago, Jake the snake said:

I wouldn't drop anyone yet for him (unless you're in a deep league). They still have a few wings out injured, but dynasty he could be a nice project.

Watching his highlights there are a few things that coaches and scouts will pick up on quick. Very right hand dominant on his dribble, shot, and take (nearly always takes to the right).

Add him to watch lists, but I'd say there are better pick-ups out there right now. Heck of a rookie class its looking to be already though!!

This is the full highlights...

Picked him up just in case. I don't have a strong team this year because I traded some picks and my team is full of flyers.

Streaming spot at the worst, and at best he is rosterable. I just hope he's consistently bad OR good, so it will be easy to make the decision to drop or keep!!