NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dillon Brooks 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well you might be watching him on your bench while someone else watches warren in their lineup.

this line is too good to ignore. i dropped TJ warren for him, which is not my usual kind of move but i want to watch if this guy is for real with him on my bench and not on someone elses.

I’ll bite. His mental game is through the roof. I’ve seen enough to think the tools, admittedly less than elite, can be good enough to work at this level with the way he plays.   His path to

Just add this morning...instead of Jonathon Simmons..lol

last Game, he played 29 min..the third guy behind Gasol and Conley..

he will not duplicate his stats each games like yesterday...but if he can receive around 25-30min each game..he will be a nice add ..even with 10 teams league...Until Green combeback..

but I hope an average like

13Pts / 4Reb / 2Ast / 1.2Stl / 0.5Blk  / 0.5 3's..with not too bad % 

I’ll bite. His mental game is through the roof. I’ve seen enough to think the tools, admittedly less than elite, can be good enough to work at this level with the way he plays.

His path to time is blocked by the likes of Chandler Parsons (who will never be the same) Ben Mcklemore (who will never change) and James Ennis (who should really switch over to Sativa). Coach said a lot of nice things, but minutes speak louder than words. 29 in his first game is a real kicker and he made a solid case for more moving forward. 

He he looks ready to me, and everybody around him agrees. Tools, mentality and opportunity are nicely aligned, with an outlier star over the mentality slot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Today is a good day to spectate Dillon against the champs, if he does well i'll scoop him up in 10+teamers.

Good point.  If Brooks can hold his own against Durant and Green then that alone should be a huge boost towards the coach trusting him with consistent mins.  If he can keep his mins 25+ then next week he could go ham as Memphis have a really fantasy-friendly schedule: @HOU, @DAL, DAL (Dallas back2back games), HOU.

• Like 1

32mins, 9/2/2 with a 3, a steal, a block, in a win against the Champs.  Looked like he may have been in foul trouble?  Picked up 5.  Regardless he looks like he has the potential to put up Josh Richardson-like production or better.  I'm in.

I'm streaming him for next week.  Could do worse.

Just now, chud12 said:

Didn't he only have a 9/2/2 line or something like that?? If that is beasting to you than your expectations aren't high at all. 

he will only get better, a lot of the rookies can't play defense like him, if he continues to pile up defensive stats, he is a steal from ww. just like jrich