NBC Sports Edge Forums

I think its a solid offer but not a no-brainer. You definitely don't need Hilton with your strong WR and with news of Luck set back his value takes a hit. Mixon's volume makes him an intriguing option (not too many RB get as many carries as him) except it hasn't amounted to much thus far. The top RB usually show they are good as soon as they get the opportunity, Mixon has had the opportunity for multiple weeks now and hasn't shown anything. I don't watch enough Bengals games to know exactly why he is struggling but given his pedigree he may be worth taking the risk on (you could use a RB more than a WR). 

I'd probably see if you could get a better RB first though. 

5 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

I think its a solid offer but not a no-brainer. You definitely don't need Hilton with your strong WR and with news of Luck set back his value takes a hit. Mixon's volume makes him an intriguing option (not too many RB get as many carries as him) except it hasn't amounted to much thus far. The top RB usually show they are good as soon as they get the opportunity, Mixon has had the opportunity for multiple weeks now and hasn't shown anything. I don't watch enough Bengals games to know exactly why he is struggling but given his pedigree he may be worth taking the risk on (you could use a RB more than a WR). 

I'd probably see if you could get a better RB first though. 

Thanks! If you don't mind me asking what kind of RB should I be aiming towards?

Draft night my plan went out the window of targeting top RB's/worrying about WR later and ended up with Thomas/Hilton/Hopkins/Howard and Gurley( Who I traded for Julio before the season started). Ever since then I've been searching for a RB stud to pair next to Howard

I don't think it's a no-brainer. I like Mixon's potential, but he just hasn't taken the job and run with it, so to speak.

Feel like Hilton has a higher ceiling, especially once Luck comes back.

I probably do this, but only to diversify for bye weeks/build depth - I think Hilton probably finishes with a higher PPG for the rest of the year. That said, the fact that Mixon has already had his bye is worth taking into account.

Help with mine? http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/677756-big-trade-help-whir/

2 hours ago, erick2008e said:

Thanks! If you don't mind me asking what kind of RB should I be aiming towards?

Draft night my plan went out the window of targeting top RB's/worrying about WR later and ended up with Thomas/Hilton/Hopkins/Howard and Gurley( Who I traded for Julio before the season started). Ever since then I've been searching for a RB stud to pair next to Howard

I think you'll get the best value if you target a team that has surplus RB depth or one that could use some WR help. Generally speaking though TY averages like 13 pts per game in PPR (and once, if? Luck comes back he has potential to be a clear WR1) so I'd be attempting to target guys in that area (A RB who score 13 pts per game is more valuable than a WR who does tho since the position is more shallow). I'd see if I can get a guy like Chris Thompson or Duke Johnson (Kizer is supposedly going to be starter again which helps his value a ton) since passing backs are usually criminally undervalued since a lot of people can't get past their RB not getting that many carries/rushing yards. Maybe CJ Anderson (he is coming off a very poor game so maybe owner is panicking). I forget how shallow the RB position is Ajayi and McKinnon are maybe the only other guys that you may potentially be able to get who I'd take over Mixon. Demarco Murray or Lamar Miller maybe but I think they are both in awful situations where they are splitting carries with a youngster who they likely will lose their job to next season (and probably get cut). Maybe AP is an option too. 

Now that I think it through I don't love the value for Mixon especially since you are paying for what you hope he will do (and as a rookie he doesn't have the track record of performing well in NFL so this may not just be a slow start or something) but he isn't that bad of an option and it'll probably be tough getting anyone significantly better. They all have their flaws. You could try to package Hilton with Abdullah to see if that'll put you in the Doug Martin/ Carlos Hyde borderline RB1 range but I doubt it will.

Edited by Jaw1