NBC Sports Edge Forums

BIG Trade Help - WHIR

Team is signature line. Hurting from the Rodgers injury last weekend, but sitting at 4-2 with a solid path to the playoffs.

Have been working the phones to try to fill my new gap at QB. Need help deciding which deal to go with. Do I just take a solid base hit and fill my existing hole, or swing for fences and hope to find a replacement at TE in a pretty shallow year.

Wondering which of these 3 deals to take. Post a link to yours and I'll help in return.

• DEAL 1 - Get: Matt Ryan | Give Up: Marshawn Lynch
  • DEAL 2 - Get: Kirk Cousins, Alshon Jeffrey | Give Up: Stefon Diggs, Will Fuller
  • DEAL 3 - Get Dak Prescott, Alvin Kamara, Joe Mixon | Give Up: Travis Kelce, Tarik Cohen

FWIW, Deal 3 involves division rival, who's sitting at 5-1 with Martellus Bennet at TE. His starting QB after trade wold be Carson Palmer.

12-Team League 1 PPR, .1 per rec/rush yd, .025 per pass yd, 4 pt per pass TD

STARTERS

QB - Blake Bortles, Aaron Rodgers
RB - Le'Veon Bell, Doug Martin, Marshawn Lynch, Tarik Cohen, Derrick Henry, Marlon Mack, Wayne Gallman
WR - Julio Jones, Stefon Diggs, Devin Funchess, John Brown, Will Fuller
TE - Travis Kelce
DST - Atlanta Falcons

Edited by PatJ
Posting Roster

All 3 deals seem like solid trades but after reviewing them over closely deal number 3 seems the best  

1. I would give up Lynch for Ryan in a heartbeat. He's a 31 year old back whose for the past few weeks hasn't gotten more than 13 touches. He's a TD needy RB at this point. Carr being banged up and Copper being himself only hurts him even more.

2. I love this trade! You're not losing much in giving up Diggs as you'd be getting Jeffery's in return. Fuller is an absolute sell high candidate and if you can get yourself a starting QB then pull the trigger. I'd only be hesitant to make this trade as cousins playoff schedule is brutal ( Arizona week 15 and Denver week 16)

3. Deal 3 looks like the best one. Depending on what TE you find on the WW pull the trigger. Dak is no scrub, kamara is an RB2 in PPR leagues & Joe Mixon has potential to run away with that job. Giving up Kelce is tough but you'd be getting a nice haul in return. Cohen is irrelevant as that's Howard's team and Benny seems to his back up at this point. Don't forget that making him go from Dak to Palmer is a major downgrade for him ;)

Love deal 1 and 3,especially 1.

Lynch likely won't do much. Deal 2 is too much in stake. I usually avoid this kind of trade and like to make it simple. Deal 3 will leave a big void at TE. It depends on your waiver though. I suffered from Rodger also but able to pick up Taylor for free because he's on bye.

From these 3 trades , trade 3 is the best, but you give up a top TE. If you desperately want to do one of these 3 trades , do trade 3 for sure. Try to replace Kelce by claiming (if they ar available in waiver) Brate , Engram or ASJ. dont expect the same points but they are solid replacements.

can you help mine please? 

I like deal 3, but it sucks to give up Kelce.  It really depends what the options would be like on waivers to replace him.  I'd probably do it if ASJ was available.  Number 1 is the lowest risk deal as I don't think Lynch will blow up and your RB depth is pretty good. 

I like deal #1 the most with deal #3 a close second. How you fill that gap at TE would be tough. I think the Falcons turn it around and I don't think Marshawn is anything special. I'd run with deal #1, it's the best for you. Thanks for mine!

I would do deal 3, I love stacking up on RBs and trading them for more value. With the additional RB firepower you get from the deal try to move up in value at WR.  QBs and TEs you can get away with streaming on a week to week basis depending on matchup, or you can do a trade for a less hyped TE like ASJ/Hunter Henry and get another piece in return. 

Agree with everyone on Deal 3 being the best.  I love that deal.   I don't like deal 1, because I don't like Ryan.  Then again I don't like Lynch, but I think the deeper the Raiders get in the year the more he's going to get the ball if they're in the playoff picture.  

Just do trade one. You don't need those RBs in deal 3 and will likely not use them. Deal 2 you are giving up too many WRs. I like fuller and Diggs over Jeffrey. I doubt Brate/engram/ASJ are even on the wire

deal one makes the most sense

Edited by bhawks489

I actually like deal 3 the least.  You don't need those other backs, especially with Derrick Henry on your bench.  Giving up a top TE to a rival is a lot.

Deal 1 is probably the safest, and deal 2 has the most potential upside with Jeffery's big play potential.  I wouldn't hesitate to deal Fuller, as him and John Brown are similar players.

18 hours ago, PatJ said:

Team is signature line. Hurting from the Rodgers injury last weekend, but sitting at 4-2 with a solid path to the playoffs.

Have been working the phones to try to fill my new gap at QB. Need help deciding which deal to go with. Do I just take a solid base hit and fill my existing hole, or swing for fences and hope to find a replacement at TE in a pretty shallow year.

Wondering which of these 3 deals to take. Post a link to yours and I'll help in return.

• DEAL 1 - Get: Matt Ryan | Give Up: Marshawn Lynch
  • DEAL 2 - Get: Kirk Cousins, Alshon Jeffrey | Give Up: Stefon Diggs, Will Fuller
  • DEAL 3 - Get Dak Prescott, Alvin Kamara, Joe Mixon | Give Up: Travis Kelce, Tarik Cohen

FWIW, Deal 3 involves division rival, who's sitting at 5-1 with Martellus Bennet at TE. His starting QB after trade wold be Carson Palmer.

12-Team League 1 PPR, .1 per rec/rush yd, .025 per pass yd, 4 pt per pass TD

STARTERS

QB - Blake Bortles, Aaron Rodgers
RB - Le'Veon Bell, Doug Martin, Marshawn Lynch, Tarik Cohen, Derrick Henry, Marlon Mack, Wayne Gallman
WR - Julio Jones, Stefon Diggs, Devin Funchess, John Brown, Will Fuller
TE - Travis Kelce
DST - Atlanta Falcons

Thanks for helping with mine.

I'd take deal 1. Keep Kelse. Gronk, Ertz and Kelse and true difference makers at the position this season. You are deep at RB and Lynch will probably surpassed by Henry soon anyway. Good luck!