NBC Sports Edge Forums

WR help + WR analysis(from me) ! (WHIR 100%)

I struggle to find out who to use in my WR2 spot. My WR2 players are injured / questionable ( DeVante Parker & Sterling Shepard)

I have few options , but i can't decide. It's a 12man league , PPR !!! 

• Jermaine Kearse (I'm worried because of ASJ , Kerley and Anderson, but it's a good matchup against Miami )

• Eric Decker (I actually like this , because Mariota wasn't moving around at all due to an injury and he was throwing the ball a lot + Decker has good amount of targets + Murray probably out against Cle , and they have a good matchup for Decker @Cle)

• Willie Snead (No doubt he is going to be a WR2 and 3rd down WR for Saints , but right now i need to see more from him, so in my opinion , he should be benched , but he has a good matchup)

• Josh Doctson (Washington WRs struggle , except him. He looks promising, but i need to see more targets on his side , it's a risky start in my opinion , but he has a good matchup and could break out)

• Zay Jones (The only healthy WR ?!? , I havent's seen him yet w/o Clay on the field , but i have a feeling he will see many targets and that's good for a PPR League , like mine . It has a good matchup against TB, but i hesitate to add him and start him, i dont know why..)

• Allen Hurns (The Jags WR i like the most right now and i dont know why he doesnt see more targets than Lee. He sees like 3-4 targets weekly , which is kinda low for PPR but manages to get decent yds. He has a good matchup though against Colts.)

• Adam Humphries (He has almost 6 receptions weekly and 50+ receiving yards. Maybe it worths a start against Bills ?!?)

• Sanu/Taylor (High scoring game in my opinion , Pats D it's bad and allowing many points for WRs. I believe Falcons will throw a lot and that's good for all Falcons' WRs.)

*Few other WRs that are available are Paul Richardson , Ricardo Louis , Torrey Smith*

Could you please help me out which WR to pick and start for Week 7 ???I will keep an eye on Shepard or Parker , but even they play i don't except something big.

Man, that's a long list, but let's try.

• Jermaine Kearse I've been stalking Jets receivers all season, including Kearse, and I even owned a couple for a week, but in the end I like none of them because the situation is just too volatile. Point in case: Kearse now had 2 decent weeks point-wise, but off only 4 targets, which is hardly playable.

• Eric Decker I like the targets, but I still have to see how Mariota is doing on Sunday. (I hope great, because I need his points to defeat a bloody zombie who has zero injuries and zero byes :@)

• Willie Snead I ain't buying this one. Give me some performance first - he's not going to jump from almost 0 to 8 targets in one week.

• Josh Doctson 9 targets in 4 games - I don't even want to discuss this.

• Zay Jones I have no idea what is going on here and I haven't seen any of his games - but 5 catches on 23 targets? That is seriously wonky and I'm not playing him until he puts some serious magnets in his gloves. 

• Allen Hurns Had only one game with decent yardage. But ok, this could happen, but it's a long shot.

• Adam Humphries I signed this kid up. I like his targets, I like his receptions, he just needs to get a little more yardage off his catches to be a viable receiver.

• Sanu/Taylor Injured and trying to come back. Nope.

In short: I like Decker or Humphries, and out of those I prefer Humphries against Buffalo. Good luck!

Edited by Boudewijn

I would go with Snead or Humphries.  Look at what Theilen did out of the slot vs GB last week.  I think if Snead is healthy he can duplicate that.  I also think this game is going to be a shootout, early OU is 47.5.  My issue with Humphries is that I don't see him getting many redzone looks.

It really depends what you want of the WR2.  If you feel like you are desperate for points I would do a risky play like Hurns/Snead or maybe Kearse.  If you believe in the core part of your team carrying the load a Eric Decker would be a fine play.

I would say Decker if you want a safe floor.  

Hurns/Snead may give you that boom or bust type play that may win or lose you a week with 10pts+ or 2pts

I agree that Decker has higher floor. Mariota has struggled in red zone recently so low upside. Kearse seems getting some red zone look. Since you are going against zombie, I would gamble on kearse. Thanks for helping mine. 

Shepard if he plays. Decker would be my next option. Mariota needs a RZ target & for what ever reason they are not utilizing that guys potential. I think they look his way a bit more often. Humphries has the chance as well. Especially if Fitz is in at QB. Thanks for mine & good luck chief!!

14 hours ago, Sp0ke said:

I struggle to find out who to use in my WR2 spot. My WR2 players are injured / questionable ( DeVante Parker & Sterling Shepard)

I have few options , but i can't decide. It's a 12man league , PPR !!! 

• Jermaine Kearse (I'm worried because of ASJ , Kerley and Anderson, but it's a good matchup against Miami )

• Eric Decker (I actually like this , because Mariota wasn't moving around at all due to an injury and he was throwing the ball a lot + Decker has good amount of targets + Murray probably out against Cle , and they have a good matchup for Decker @Cle)

• Willie Snead (No doubt he is going to be a WR2 and 3rd down WR for Saints , but right now i need to see more from him, so in my opinion , he should be benched , but he has a good matchup)

• Josh Doctson (Washington WRs struggle , except him. He looks promising, but i need to see more targets on his side , it's a risky start in my opinion , but he has a good matchup and could break out)

• Zay Jones (The only healthy WR ?!? , I havent's seen him yet w/o Clay on the field , but i have a feeling he will see many targets and that's good for a PPR League , like mine . It has a good matchup against TB, but i hesitate to add him and start him, i dont know why..)

• Allen Hurns (The Jags WR i like the most right now and i dont know why he doesnt see more targets than Lee. He sees like 3-4 targets weekly , which is kinda low for PPR but manages to get decent yds. He has a good matchup though against Colts.)

• Adam Humphries (He has almost 6 receptions weekly and 50+ receiving yards. Maybe it worths a start against Bills ?!?)

• Sanu/Taylor (High scoring game in my opinion , Pats D it's bad and allowing many points for WRs. I believe Falcons will throw a lot and that's good for all Falcons' WRs.)

*Few other WRs that are available are Paul Richardson , Ricardo Louis , Torrey Smith*

Could you please help me out which WR to pick and start for Week 7 ???I will keep an eye on Shepard or Parker , but even they play i don't except something big.

Thanks for helping with mine.

In PPR, I don't think there is a guy with a higher ceiling right now than Sterling Shepard. Will receive a high Landry type volume, but can actually score TDs (8 TD receptions last year as a rookie though he had OBJ to draw away attention). He'll play this week.

The next player I would with is Sanu against the Pats. When talent is near equal, go with the match-up/game script.

Good luck.

Edited by Newtown