NBC Sports Edge Forums

Frank Ntilikina 2017-18 Season Outlook

12 team points redraft is where I draw the line. What I like:

- Defense beyond his years will keep him in minutes and accelerate his improvement.

- Ease and awareness on PnR, including a good understanding with KP and the habit of keeping his head up, finding the open perimeter guy. I expect his assist #’s to rise.

- not a chucker. I like his 1/5 way better than Donavan’s 3/14 in 9 cat. Not so much in pts.

Elite steals and middling assists with the real breakout likely coming 2018 or 2019. Fine for now  in 9 cat — passable production with a flyer for great things. Pass in points league.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are in a Dynasty league, get this guy.  He's going to be better than Mitchel.  I think he's going to be better than Fox even.  I know that last one is going to get a lot of heat.  He is a relative unknown compared to the other rookie PGs.  But if he works on his shot and improves it, watch out.  Sky is the limit.  Assist machine.  Steal machine.  Dare I say he could even surpass one of the big 3 rookie PGs?  

Crazy I know.  But it looks to me like the Knicks pulled another "Porzingas".

12 hours ago, brakeyawself said:

If you are in a Dynasty league, get this guy.  He's going to be better than Mitchel.  I think he's going to be better than Fox even.  I know that last one is going to get a lot of heat.  He is a relative unknown compared to the other rookie PGs.  But if he works on his shot and improves it, watch out.  Sky is the limit.  Assist machine.  Steal machine.  Dare I say he could even surpass one of the big 3 rookie PGs?  

Crazy I know.  But it looks to me like the Knicks pulled another "Porzingas".

I don't know if he will be better than those 2 but he might be on the same level based on his defense and I assists (needs one more game to convince me but it is looking good). He needs some bigger breakout games to be another Porzingas

9 assists in 23 minutes tonight, averaging 8 per game over his last 3. Good steals and contributes in 3's as well. If you have a team that is starved for assists like I did, I'd run to grab him for the potential to improve as the season continues. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

frank aka bucket head is great for assists. Hes like a young rojon rondo right now but imagine when he starts a couple of months from now? 10 pts 4 reb 10 assists 2 stls hell yes all aboard the bucket head train.

A couple months?? If hes not starting by December it’s a travesty. 

Edited by chud12
10 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Anybody taking the leap and starting him in roto yet?

I traded for him as part of a package deal, but I'm not starting him yet in 9-cat roto. From what I've seen from him I'm expecting him lock down the starting job before Christmas, and I will definitely be starting him then. 

1 hour ago, WFK said:

I traded for him as part of a package deal, but I'm not starting him yet in 9-cat roto. From what I've seen from him I'm expecting him lock down the starting job before Christmas, and I will definitely be starting him then. 

he should have it before Christmas...hopefully