NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ersan Ilyasova 2017-18 Season Outlook

10 hours ago, Kicker said:

Got him at last round i think we might be looking to productive few moths before they unleash younger guys,toughts?

With Collins playing as well as he has, a "few months" might be wishful thinking. I drafted Ilyasova in the last round as well, but I'm considering dropping him for Belinelli or LeVert (14-team league).

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:19 AM, Kicker said:

I like to stick with my opinion,especially with just 1 match played

At what point do you reevaluate and cut bait? Aside from a decent 6.3 RPG, he isn't giving much reason to hold. I know it's early, but John Collins is looking like the far better option. Even Mike Muscala is putting up similar stats in less minutes.

6 hours ago, ovipov said:

At what point do you reevaluate and cut bait? Aside from a decent 6.3 RPG, he isn't giving much reason to hold. I know it's early, but John Collins is looking like the far better option. Even Mike Muscala is putting up similar stats in less minutes.

He was really good last year in same "good numbers bad team" situation.Cut is obvious now with knee injury 

Any word about how bad this knee injury is? I'm holding in a deep dynasty league for now, but if he's gonna be out for any significant amount of time, buh-bye. Just wondering if anyone has any "insider" info on his status...

16 minutes ago, jnormy said:

Any word about how bad this knee injury is? I'm holding in a deep dynasty league for now, but if he's gonna be out for any significant amount of time, buh-bye. Just wondering if anyone has any "insider" info on his status...

Don't mean to sound harsh but I think if you or anyone is holding onto Ersan (ESPECIALLY in a dynasty league), your team is prolly not doing well and needs some immediate changes to be implemented.

14 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Don't mean to sound harsh but I think if you or anyone is holding onto Ersan (ESPECIALLY in a dynasty league), your team is prolly not doing well and needs some immediate changes to be implemented.

Well, it's a 20-team salary cap league with specific drop rules, so it's a quite a bit more challenging than your average league. Only guys in the last year of their contracts can be dropped and Ersan is one, so there's some value in that. It also means the waiver wire is somewhat limited.

But I didn't want to turn this into an AC post, so again I ask: does anyone have any updates or inside info on Ilyasova's injury? If he is going to be out for an extended period of time, it would make the decision whether or not to drop him that much clearer for me.

• 1 month later...

I got him too. Dedmon will be out like 1.5 months. Collins was injured against the Cavs and he may miss time. I believe ghostface can provide good stats for his owners until the injured players return to the roster.