NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyreke Evans 2017-2018 Outlook

If you can really get someone in the top 10 or 15, do it. That is why on jokic's thread when somebody asked if they can sell their vucevic and barnes for jokic and turner, i said do it. Vuc and reke are currently top 10 but wont last long. Look at my vucevic, was gone before I could pull the trigger on a similar deal.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An MRI on Tyreke Evans' ribcage revealed slight cartilage damage, but he's considered day-to-day. He's already been ruled out of Monday's contest vs. Boston, but he dodged a bullet here. "We're

This is ridiculous!! Why exactly do players get paid to sit for rest?  The NBA should be ashamed of themselves.  How you can let teams that are clearly benching their players to increase their odds on

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Xmantt said:

If you can really get someone in the top 10 or 15, do it. That is why on jokic's thread when somebody asked if they can sell their vucevic and barnes for jokic and turner, i said do it. Vuc and reke are currently top 10 but wont last long. Look at my vucevic, was gone before I could pull the trigger on a similar deal.

the question is: can you get top 15 player for him?  In competitive leagues chances are you can not, most owners have same questions about his durability

Considering his ADP ( I got him in 9th in my 16 team H2H) he provided excellent return so far this season. 

19pts,  5 reb, 4.5 ast,  47/80%   for late round pick is not too bad.   

These numbers are  similar to Middleton and Butler.  I wouldn't trade either one for Tyreke

I am planning to keep him ROS and see how it goes..  

Even if you can trade him there are no guarantees that  player(s) you get back will stay on the court.

Any player can get injured at any time.  

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

the question is: can you get top 15 player for him?  In competitive leagues chances are you can not, most owners have same questions about his durability

Considering his ADP ( I got him in 9th in my 16 team H2H) he provided excellent return so far this season. 

These numbers are  similar to Middleton and Butler.  I wouldn't trade either one for Tyreke

Even if you can trade him there are no guarantees that  player(s) you get back will stay on the court.

very valid points, keep these in mind as well if you are optimistic of Reke

9 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

So if someone would offer you Jimmy Buckets or Khris Cash for Tyreke, both are which pretty much the safest 2nd round value players you can get versus an unknown, you wouldn't accept? I find that hard to believe.

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

So if someone would offer you Jimmy Buckets or Khris Cash for Tyreke, both are which pretty much the safest 2nd round value players you can get versus an unknown, you wouldn't accept? I find that hard to believe.

I would break my keyboard hitting "accept" so hard if I get these offers for Tyreke.  I tried   exact same trades (I offered Tyreke) and they were reject within minutes

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

These type of offer will only happen in public league where half of the managers are inactive lol. You will never or rarely see those trade happens in competitive money league even if it went through it will be veto or view by commissioner of the league to get approval.

anyway just in case anyone curious of what value you can get for Tyreke, someone traded Tyreke for Myles Turner in my league. The team got turner needed blocks, and the team got Tyreke need scoring, 3s and asst. 

Edited by ber
  • Like 2

Just think about it logically.

The people who are the highest on Tyreke are his owners, ie, the ones who actually drafted/bought him, or were first to pick him up off the wire.

And even we didn't have that high of expectations for him lol. Certainly not this.

OK, so now, in your scenario, all the managers who passed on Reke are now super-duper high on him -- moreso than the people who actually own Reke -- enough to part with a 2nd-round-value talent? Highly dubious.

So there's that, and couple that with the fact that since you're shopping Reke around you're signalling that you don't think he can keep this up.

• Like 1
On 1/1/2018 at 3:32 AM, Gile Pile said:

This guy really just say he wouldn't trade Tyreke for Jimmy Butler? :lol::lol::lol:

21 minutes ago, JStyles said:

This guy really just say he wouldn't trade Tyreke for Jimmy Butler? :lol::lol::lol:

Being more serious,  if we ignore durability concerns and when you consider that in last 30 days Butler is ranked #8 on ESPN and Tyreke is #10  it is not that much of  a difference.  

One can make a point that Tyreke having PG/SG/SF availability gap is even smaller. 

http://games.espn.com/fba/playerrater?&splitTypeId=3&seasonId=2018

Durability is always potential issue, but this season Tyreke looks pretty healthy

Edited by Gile Pile
2 hours ago, jpsalerno1996 said:

How likely is it he gets traded at deadline? Free agent after this year and Grizz aren't going anywhere this year. Makes Butler and Middleton sound even better to me if he gets moved to a contender.^^ Gotta attempt to sell IMO

He is playing for a contract and considering how he played so far this season every team in the league can use him.  I don't think it is very likely he gets traded.

Why would any team give any meaningful assets (draft picks, young prospects) for a  FA?    

The only scenario I can see of him being traded if some contender decides he is the missing piece to challenge Warriors in the west or Cavs in the east this season. 

I cannot think of any, except maybe Houston in light of Harden's injury

10 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

He is playing for a contract and considering how he played so far this season every team in the league can use him.  I don't think it is very likely he gets traded.

Why would any team give any meaningful assets (draft picks, young prospects) for a  FA?    

The only scenario I can see of him being traded if some contender decides he is the missing piece to challenge Warriors in the west or Cavs in the east this season. 

I cannot think of any, except maybe Houston in light of Harden's injury

Why wouldn't a contender want to trade for him? The fact he is a FA makes his price cheaper and the Grizz might as well trade him since he will become a FA next year and his production this year is virtually useless to them. Low round draft pick or flyer would be all it takes to get him.

Also a two week absence from Harden would not force Houston into a trade at this point in the season.

Edited by jpsalerno1996
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, jpsalerno1996 said:

Why wouldn't a contender want to trade for him? The fact he is a FA makes his price cheaper and the Grizz might as well trade him since he will become a FA next year and his production this year is virtually useless to them. Low round draft pick or flyer would be all it takes to get him.

Also a two week absence from Harden would not force Houston into a trade at this point in the season.

I agree that his price wouldn't be too much now. With him being a FA, he's playing for a big a big contract and the Grizz know they won't re-sign him.

With regards to the Rockets, I think Harden is going to be out closer to 4 weeks than 2 weeks.

i do think there's a solid chance he's moved. probably around 50/50. on borrowed time for this amount of value he has right now anyway with conley due back.

anyways, he should still be top 70 as a sixth man somewhere he'd be needed.

he's been amazing this season though. consistent as f--- too

27 minutes ago, lethotjames said:

i do think there's a solid chance he's moved. probably around 50/50. on borrowed time for this amount of value he has right now anyway with conley due back.

anyways, he should still be top 70 as a sixth man somewhere he'd be needed.

he's been amazing this season though. consistent as f--- too

It was announced today Conley has no timeline for return. Surely it's not 50/50?