NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyreke Evans 2017-2018 Outlook

7 hours ago, KuramaHiei said:

Mike conley's out with achilles. Does he play more point or even draw the start? Prob not, but if he gets PG eligibility his value skyrockets. He should already since he's playing a lot of pointl

Dont know why yahoo removed it from last season when i had him and had to play some pg with jrue's wife having issues. I vividly remember he had a pg eligibility.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An MRI on Tyreke Evans' ribcage revealed slight cartilage damage, but he's considered day-to-day. He's already been ruled out of Monday's contest vs. Boston, but he dodged a bullet here. "We're

This is ridiculous!! Why exactly do players get paid to sit for rest?  The NBA should be ashamed of themselves.  How you can let teams that are clearly benching their players to increase their odds on

Posted Images

9 hours ago, KuramaHiei said:

Mike conley's out with achilles. Does he play more point or even draw the start? Prob not, but if he gets PG eligibility his value skyrockets. He should already since he's playing a lot of pointl

he's already played some PG this year.  

I don't know what it takes for yahoo to give eligibility to a guy but it would certainly be icing on the cake if it happens

On 11/13/2017 at 9:05 PM, Auction>Snake said:

If you were to sell high, what type of calibre of player would be acceptable? Butler, otto, oladipo? 

I am just catching up on this thread and don't own Tyreke (he was drafted in my league), but I will tell you there is absolutely zero chance I would consider trading my Dipo for Tyreke. He has had so many surgeries on his knees. Everyone is healthy until they aren't. Purely based on history, I am not trading for Tyreke unless I am getting an edge to take on his injury risk....aka I would need to trade a lesser valued player for Tyreke and I am assuming his owners aren't really down with that. 

In general, I think it is very tough to trade late round picks/WW guys with an injury history lie Tyreke for established higher end players in competitive leagues. You are almost better off rolling the dice and capturing all the good stuff you can as a Tyreke owner until the wheels/knees fall off or putting him in a multi-player trade. Straight up trades will be very difficult to make.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

I am just catching up on this thread and don't own Tyreke (he was drafted in my league), but I will tell you there is absolutely zero chance I would consider trading my Dipo for Tyreke. He has had so many surgeries on his knees. Everyone is healthy until they aren't. Purely based on history, I am not trading for Tyreke unless I am getting an edge to take on his injury risk....aka I would need to trade a lesser valued player for Tyreke and I am assuming his owners aren't really down with that. 

In general, I think it is very tough to trade late round picks/WW guys with an injury history lie Tyreke for established higher end players in competitive leagues. You are almost better off rolling the dice and capturing all the good stuff you can as a Tyreke owner until the wheels/knees fall off or putting him in a multi-player trade. Straight up trades will be very difficult to make.  

totally agree! I just packaged Tyreke , nurkic, tatum and collison for BroLo and Jimmy Butler in a highly cometitve 14 team 9-cat roto league..    for that exact reason..  though I did give up a lot! Already have a bit of buyers remorse.. thanks for the ride Tyreke!! 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

totally agree! I just packaged Tyreke , nurkic, tatum and collison for BroLo and Jimmy Butler in a highly cometitve 14 team 9-cat roto league..    for that exact reason..  though I did give up a lot! Already have a bit of buyers remorse.. thanks for the ride Tyreke!! 

Thanks for providing the league settings for everyone to gain insight from! Regardless of what opinion people have toward that deal it is helpful info. I should mention I shared my Tyreke/Dipo thoughts just to share insight from the other side in a 8 cat roto league setting. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Agmaniacmike said:

Packaged him with A Gordon for Millsap and Lillard. Owner I traded with cited efficiency/position versatility as major factors in the decision. He knew the rest of the league would think it was 1 sided, but he was willing to roll the dice.

A veto will save you from being arrested. 

• Haha 1

I don't get the whole "trade Evans" mentality

Oh, he's doing better than expected, so that means that everyone that passed on him in drafts must like him now?

Didn't you draft him because you more than anyone else though he would outperform his ADP?

And now that he is you want to get rid of him ASAP?

I suspect more than a few people picked him off the wire or as a late pick flier.

Now that he's performing there is 2 lines of thought.

Great my extremely injury prone player is going nuts lets hope for the best.

OR my extremely injury prone player is currently killing it maybe I can get a trade either at or slightly below his current value so when he inevitably breaks down again I've banked the value he's currently producing.

So currently a risk averse fantasy coach would be selling Tyreke a little low on current form

and a risky owner could be offering buy slightly low trades and gamble on reke's knees.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I don't get the whole "trade Evans" mentality

Oh, he's doing better than expected, so that means that everyone that passed on him in drafts must like him now?

Didn't you draft him because you more than anyone else though he would outperform his ADP?

And now that he is you want to get rid of him ASAP?

The concern is his health.  Dude has always balled when healthy.  Hopefully he can shake his past injury woes and finally be the player he was supposed to be after going 20-5-5 his rookie year.  

31 minutes ago, Whos_House said:

I suspect more than a few people picked him off the wire or as a late pick flier.

Now that he's performing there is 2 lines of thought.

Great my extremely injury prone player is going nuts lets hope for the best.

OR my extremely injury prone player is currently killing it maybe I can get a trade either at or slightly below his current value so when he inevitably breaks down again I've banked the value he's currently producing.

So currently a risk averse fantasy coach would be selling Tyreke a little low on current form

and a risky owner could be offering buy slightly low trades and gamble on reke's knees.

I think the issue is that we're trying, but are unable to trade for current value, even slightly below.

In fact I don't get offers at all despite trying. 

Edited by ssolitare

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tyreke-evans-is-back/

Interesting article, analytics support the fact that this is for real. He had a subpar game last time around, but the 7 rebounds helped. The thing about Tyreke is that he helps in so many cats, but doesn't hurt you in any. And that's rare. Remember, this is a guy who averaged 20/5/5 in his rookie year, like others here have mentioned. The talent is there, and he's said that his knee feels great, so I'm going to continue to ride him for the ROS. 

• Thanks 1