NBC Sports Edge Forums

Spencer Dinwiddie 2017-18 Season Outlook

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over the last 2 weeks, he's ranked - 21st in 9 cat (between Kemba and Butler) -28th in 8 cat (between Derozan and Love)   yahooooooo!

He saw dlo on the gleague and played like a monster. "Hey coach, put dlo on sg levert on sf and bench that trash caroll. I'll play point for you."

Posted Images

4 hours ago, dboong said:

I think he is flirting with top 75 now so it wouldnt be out of the question.. could be a nice sell high player soon, going to enjoy the ride though 

I'm going to go higher than this, I think he's top 50 ROS. He's been top 11 the past 7 days just based on these stats, and it's conceivable that he can continue posting these lines for several weeks (barring health). BKN's system is tailor made for PG production. Jeremy Lin / DAR both thrived in it, and now Dinwiddie (a career third stringer with upside) is posting ridiculous lines stepping in for the aforementioned. I don't think any other team gets this kind of production out of him. 

His assist/TO is ridiculously good, his 3 point improvement is for real (hit 5 vs the Cavs, 6 against Utah, how many PGs outside of Curry/Harden (I guess) can say they hit that many?), and his ability to read the defense has grown by leaps and bounds. Watching the Utah game the other day, he has beautiful hesitation set up moves, he's pretty damn good at breaking down his own defender whether in iso or off the pick, and if they cheat he has limitless range. 

As long as he keeps the FG% respectable (I would consider 40% - 42% for him a moderate success), he should be there ranking wise. Per 36 he was already sitting on 15+ / 8 assists, now he's thrust into that role and has responded with 3 monster games. 

I really think with the praise he's receiving from Atkinson and his production they'll throw DAR into heavy SG minutes next to him. It makes too much sense. DAR is better off the ball, he's not a natural point guard as scouts originally thought. Dinwiddie on the other hand can run a team much better, he feeds BKN players in the right spots and makes the proper reads when they curl off screens or sit in the corners for kick outs. 

I predict he'll be a lock for 30+ mpg the rest of the way, and a starting role in hand even after DAR's return. 

Alongside guys like Jaylen Brown, Donovan Mitchell,  Markkanen, he has to be in the conversation for waiver wire pick up of the year if this continues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have a feeling Atkinson will push D-Lo to the 2 when he comes back. His play on the Lakers picked up late last year when he moved to the 2. D-Lo isn't a conventional PG. He has a score first mentality, which makes him a high end SG, but not a PG. Dinwiddie is a starting PG in this league, and D-Lo is a starting SG. But both should start alongside each other. I too believe Dinwiddie will retain value when D-Lo comes back, as long as he's still starting and getting 30 MPG. He's clearly their best player at this point without D-Lo. Caris ain't close. Dinwiddie deserves to be the starting PG of this team. 

19 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

Seconding this. Lauri is still my top dude, but Spence could make a run for it.

I traded Middleton and Lauri for McCollum, then used my free roster spot to add Dinwiddie. Feeling pretty good about myself, even though Lauri went off yesterday. I feel like Dinwiddie is for real though!

5 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

I'm going to go higher than this, I think he's top 50 ROS. He's been top 11 the past 7 days just based on these stats, and it's conceivable that he can continue posting these lines for several weeks (barring health). BKN's system is tailor made for PG production. Jeremy Lin / DAR both thrived in it, and now Dinwiddie (a career third stringer with upside) is posting ridiculous lines stepping in for the aforementioned. I don't think any other team gets this kind of production out of him. 

His assist/TO is ridiculously good, his 3 point improvement is for real (hit 5 vs the Cavs, 6 against Utah, how many PGs outside of Curry/Harden (I guess) can say they hit that many?), and his ability to read the defense has grown by leaps and bounds. Watching the Utah game the other day, he has beautiful hesitation set up moves, he's pretty damn good at breaking down his own defender whether in iso or off the pick, and if they cheat he has limitless range. 

As long as he keeps the FG% respectable (I would consider 40% - 42% for him a moderate success), he should be there ranking wise. Per 36 he was already sitting on 15+ / 8 assists, now he's thrust into that role and has responded with 3 monster games. 

I really think with the praise he's receiving from Atkinson and his production they'll throw DAR into heavy SG minutes next to him. It makes too much sense. DAR is better off the ball, he's not a natural point guard as scouts originally thought. Dinwiddie on the other hand can run a team much better, he feeds BKN players in the right spots and makes the proper reads when they curl off screens or sit in the corners for kick outs. 

I predict he'll be a lock for 30+ mpg the rest of the way, and a starting role in hand even after DAR's return. 

Alongside guys like Jaylen Brown, Donovan Mitchell,  Markkanen, he has to be in the conversation for waiver wire pick up of the year if this continues. 

"DAR is better off the ball, he's not a natural point guard as scouts originally thought"

Exactly, and hopefully they see this. Dinwiddie is showing that he can run a team. He had top 100 value even when D-Lo was in the pic, so top 50 value for ROS isn't out of the question.

Oh my... The 3 to win it was just short but a spectacular game. 

Some beautiful pick and rolls with Allen (a few of which Allen screwed up) and should have gotten a few more assists that just weren't converted. 

This guy is saving me with Conley out and Rubio forgetting how to pass the ball

15 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Oh my... The 3 to win it was just short but a spectacular game. 

Some beautiful pick and rolls with Allen (a few of which Allen screwed up) and should have gotten a few more assists that just weren't converted. 

This guy is saving me with Conley out and Rubio forgetting how to pass the ball

Im in a similar predicament 

Team better w/o D-Lo.

Even if he shifts to SG and keep Dwin at PG, D-Lo will continue to be a guy that thinks he is entitled to being the focus of an offense. 

Look at how involved this whole team is right now. 8 players over 10 points. Since D-Lo out they are up around 3-4 APG, good for top 4 in the league as opposed to squarely middle of the pack.

Obviously cannot be attributed solely to Dinwiddie -- and it may just be a few outliers, but I doubt it. Guy makes this team much better. 

It'll be interesting to see how they play things with DLo back.

If they go with Dinwiide, Dlo, Carroll, RHJ and Allen/Booker then that's a pretty good lineup.

Dlo can definitely play shooting guard and will open up the floor more for everyone else including dinwiddie