NBC Sports Edge Forums

BJ Ryan for Dice-K?

ssmarsh

I've been offered the following in my 10 team, AL only, keeper league.

give - SP Daisuke Matsuzaka ($30), 1B Ryan Garko ($1) and OF Garret Anderson ($7)

get - RP B.J. Ryan ($11), DH/1B Mike Sweeney ($0) and OF Magglio Ordonez ($20)

Our categories are average, HR, RBI, runs, 2*SB+BB, wins, ERA, K-BB, IP-H, saves-blown saves+holds/2.

I'm looking to improve in saves, average and RBI while the other guys is desperate for starting pitching. I see Dice-K and Ryan as a categorical wash (even though it's a SP for a CL) so for me it comes down to the other guys. Magglio is better than Anderson, but can he sustain his early season success? I like Garko a lot as a cheap keeper, but he's been underperforming, not that Sweeney is anything great.

Any thoughts?

value wise i like it alot for you.. and $20 seems like a nice price for maggs.. ryan should be an elite closer for years.. and anderson is just about done.,, that being said... are you sure your rotation can take the hit of losing dice... im not

that being said... are you sure your rotation can take the hit of losing dice... im not

Yeah, that's a question I have as well. I do have Cliff Lee (who won't end the year with a sub 1.00 ERA, but I think he'll do well the rest of the way), Zack Greinke and Dustin McGowen (who I think will turn things around as the year goes on) to anchor my staff. Despite that, I'm going to ask for SP Litsch instead of Sweeney as added security. We'll see if he bites.

Any other thoughts?

Yeah, that's a question I have as well. I do have Cliff Lee (who won't end the year with a sub 1.00 ERA, but I think he'll do well the rest of the way), Zack Greinke and Dustin McGowen (who I think will turn things around as the year goes on) to anchor my staff. Despite that, I'm going to ask for SP Litsch instead of Sweeney as added security. We'll see if he bites.

Any other thoughts?

I like it. Your pitching looks OK without Dice-K and Ryan would help you a lot.

Archived