NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Watson for AJ Green? WHIR

mattj85

I am currently 6-1 in 12 team standard and am being offered AJ Green for my Deshaun Watson + Martavis Bryant. I'm leaning towards no, because this would leave me with Mariota at QB. Watson is a primary reason why I am 6-1, but Mariota has an easy ROS and Green is tempting. My team is below.

Thoughts? WHIR

QB: Watson

WR: Michael Thomas

WR: Alshon Jeffrey

RB: Zeke

RB: Doug Martin

TE: Ertz

Flex: Latavius Murray

BN: Abdullah, Martavis Bryant, Al Morris, McFadden, Mariota, Corey Davis

LOL, the first name that popped into my head was Ben Watson. The actual deal, of course, is much tougher and I"m not sure what I'd do. As hard as it is to pass on AJ Green, it's also hard to give up a QB that's putting up 30 points a game, especially with Mariotta looking so mediocre (and injured) right now.

Pull the trigger immediately. AJ Green is immensely more valuable than any QB regardless of who it is. The #2 or #3 WR in the league for the #3 or #4 QB (who's put up big numbers against some pretty poor defenses btw)? Pull. the. trigger. NOW.

What QBs are available this week on waivers? With Watson playing @ Seattle, I'm honestly not sure I'd even have him in my top 10 QBs anyways. You might be able to just about as good on waivers. Mariota has a pretty favorable FF playoffs schedule as well.

Edited by gufomel

get Green since Alshon isn't very good. Watson may be on fire and really productive, but I don't know if that will last. Rookies are notoriously inconsistent and there should be QB option on the wire that will be serviceable. The upgrade from Jeffery to AJ is bigger/better than the downgrade from Watson to the next QB, IMO.

I'd say take the deal, Watson is on fire but his upcoming schedule has a lot of tough defenses. Depends on the QB situation on your WW though, are there decent streaming QB's or has it been picked apart? I wouldn't trust just Mariota going forward.