Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Best pick ups/adds of 2017


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has been a very poor year for me this year on waivers.  My team started out well and I've consistently been near the bottom every week as our positions reset weekly based upon standings.  I personally hate it because I haven't gotten any of my top choices all year long.

 

My best pickup was Aaron Jones but I stupidly traded him away two weeks ago for Terrell Pryor.  And I've since traded Pryor for Sterling Shepard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tts42572 said:

Has been a very poor year for me this year on waivers.  My team started out well and I've consistently been near the bottom every week as our positions reset weekly based upon standings.  I personally hate it because I haven't gotten any of my top choices all year long.

 

My best pickup was Aaron Jones but I stupidly traded him away two weeks ago for Terrell Pryor.  And I've since traded Pryor for Sterling Shepard.

Yikes, when buy low/sell high doesn't pan out, dems the breaks thoughs

Link to post
Share on other sites

- Wentz (really regret dropping him after one semi-dud)

- Watson (of course - seems like a tough 2H schedule though)

 

- Tarik if you flipped him after week 1 when the fantasy-football world was salivating over him

- Kamara

- Peterson (hopefully he ends up performing somewhere between weeks 6 and 7 going forward)

- McKinnon

- Aaron Jones (unfortunately traded him after his first game thinking that he'd eventually fade back into obscurity... for MARTAVIS BRYANT)

- Chris Carson (solid RB until the unfortunate season-ender)

 

No WR pickups come to mind at the moment... Kupp, maybe?

 

- Engram

- ASJ

 

- JAX DST!

 

- Elliott

- Butker

- Succop

- Zuerlein

 

Bolded guys are guys I have/had at some point.

Edited by Vendetta
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Has been a very poor year for me this year on waivers.  My team started out well and I've consistently been near the bottom every week as our positions reset weekly based upon standings.  I personally hate it because I haven't gotten any of my top choices all year long.

 

My best pickup was Aaron Jones but I stupidly traded him away two weeks ago for Terrell Pryor.  And I've since traded Pryor for Sterling Shepard.

Really hate this waiver reset, reverse order of standings.  

 

Watson and Wentz are probably going to lead this discussion here.  Watson is the bigger surprise of course.  He could have turned out just like Deshone Kizer.  That's the breaks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

- Wentz (really regret dropping him after one semi-dud)

- Watson (of course - seems like a tough 2H schedule though)

 

- Tarik if you flipped him after week 1 when the fantasy-football world was salivating over him

- Kamara

- Peterson (hopefully he ends up performing somewhere between weeks 6 and 7 going forward)

- McKinnon

- Aaron Jones (unfortunately traded him after his first game thinking that he'd eventually fade back into obscurity... for MARTAVIS BRYANT)

- Chris Carson (solid RB until the unfortunate season-ender)

 

No WR pickups come to mind at the moment... Kupp, maybe?

 

- Engram

- ASJ

 

- JAX DST!

 

- Elliott

- Butker

- Succop

- Zuerlein

Buck Allen has been a solid add in 1/2 or full PPR leagues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, devaster said:

Buck Allen has been a solid add in 1/2 or full PPR leagues.

Ah, forgot him! He carried me that week he had ~19 points in half PPR. 

 

I'd forgotten about Funchess too, who has had a few big weeks. 

Edited by Vendetta
Link to post
Share on other sites

My draft SUCKED. Only 5 guys I drafted still on roster and of those, the only one I am really happy about is AJG (others are DMurray, Henry, Julio, FatRob).

 

So I had to remake my whole roster with pickups and I have to thank everyone here for the pickups. This board is the only reason Im competitive because I have been able to get the jump on players before they break out.

 

So anyway, in my 10 team superflex league, I picked up Dalton after week 2, Watson, Engram, Kamara, Corey Davis, Jags DST and Fuller.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wendell Smallwood- for the fact I was able to flip him in a trade before being injured!

 

One that I just got on POTENTIAL in the weeks to come: Danny Woodhead

 

the ravens need a spark on offense and I was able to get him because I don’t have multiple players on a BYE. In a few weeks he will be on this list especially in any ppr leagues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Alex Smith, are you guys sleeping on how good he has been? Or are you assuming he was drafted and not eligible for the "best pickup"?

 

yeah, i used my criteria as guys who were not drafted in any of my leagues - which disqualifies Smiff and Wentz and Engram and Kamara, off top of my head from those listed 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...