NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jacksonville Jaguars 2017 Season Outlook

The defense so nice, I am keeping it on my bench through byes.  Looking at the remaining schedule, are there any matchups that scare you?  Outside of the Texans at week 15, I'm not sure any other defense has such a nice second half schedule.

They get crazy sacks, have a sick secondary, and score a few TDs along the way.  All they're missing is a dominant return man and this would be up there with the best FF defenses of all time.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are just that defense to own like in years past when niners were Killin it, chiefs etc.... I had a chance to get them early in another league but didn't, kicking myself now. But I own them on my main team and it's a game changer when you're able to get 10 15 to 20 from that position steadily 

I'm going to just leave them in there after the bye week. The only match-up I could see being sketchy is Seattle, but fortunately the Jags have them at home because the Seahawks offense is about to go HAM.

Edited by LongBalls
3 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

Can't remember when I picked these guys up, but I like them so much (and their RoS schedule) that I'm rostering them through the bye and streaming a different defense (only a 4-bench league so roster space is premium).

I feel like we are getting better each week too. All our defensive players are starting to gel really well together and the communication with one another has made a huge difference.

2 hours ago, oban14 said:

The defense so nice, I am keeping it on my bench through byes.  Looking at the remaining schedule, are there any matchups that scare you?  Outside of the Texans at week 15, I'm not sure any other defense has such a nice second half schedule.

They get crazy sacks, have a sick secondary, and score a few TDs along the way.  All they're missing is a dominant return man and this would be up there with the best FF defenses of all time.

very fortunate to have been able to pick up after week 1,

not concerned about any teams the rest of the way including SEA or HOU.  SEA has no o line, so unless t here is significant improvement from them in the second half, JAX will be able to get their points.  HOU is the hot team now but that TD pace is going to regress, they aren't the offensive juggernaut that they appear to be right now.  this is still the same team with the same issues.  in their recent run, the only remotely decent defense they went against was KC.  i know Watson is the toast of the town right now but he only has 1 300 yard game in all this time,  he is barely averaging over 200 yards passing a game.there is definitely some smoke and mirrors there. 

2 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

I temporarily dropped a player to get a defense just so I wouldn't have to drop the Jags lol My league would gobble up the Jax if I dared to drop them. 

yeah it is a rare case to carry 2 defenses on a team but this is definitely one of those cases.  depending on scoring format they have been putting up top end QB/RB points in the defense slot

Jax is my 2nd best "player" (after Gurley) on the season so far.  They've got 107 pts in standard and that includes a -1.00 game, next closest D is over 20 pts less.  How could anyone be dropping them on their bye?  Better off cutting a useless stash or cuff for the week than losing a top 20 "player" overall - Jax is 20th overall in standard.

Edited by TheINC
34 minutes ago, gus030 said:

This Just In: The Bills are trading Pro Bowl DT Marcell Dareus to the Jaguars. (via @AdamSchefter)

wow can this d get any better?

He hasnt played great in years but its an interesting trade for sure.

45 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Don't follow the bills much but I read he's still a good run stopper

Thats really the only thing this defense has had some problems with, and why the Titans matchup turned out with the result it did.

1 hour ago, HamMach1 said:

Pretty sure Jags defense and Zuerlein are my best players :blink:

A dominant fantasy defense is my favorite things. Thanks for essentially giving me a superflex Jags! Dareus is still a hog clogging up the middle, especially when motivated,  he definitely strengthens the only weak link remaining on this unit

• phizzics changed the title to Jacksonville Jaguars 2017 Season Outlook

Two things:

• The title of this thread was changed to make it simply "Jacksonville Jaguars" rather than specifically about the defense. There's no reason to have separate outlook threads for the team's offensive players and the DST.
  • This topic is becoming cluttered with a lot of anecdotes regarding individual teams and draft/roster decisions. These fall under the heading of "CSB" and there's a separate thread for that. Many posts have been removed.

Thank you for your cooperation...

16 minutes ago, peleincubus said:

So Jax defense now plays the 49ers and Texans in the playoffs...

You couldn't handpick a better schedule.

Week 11: @CLE

Week 12: @ARI

Week 13: IND

Week 14: SEA

Week 15: HOU

Week 16 @ SF

It's like having an extra RB1 in your lineup.

20 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

You couldn't handpick a better schedule.

Week 11: @CLE

Week 12: @ARI

Week 13: IND

Week 14: SEA

Week 15: HOU

Week 16 @ SF

It's like having an extra RB1 in your lineup.

They might set a record for DST points

Edited by dakimbell