NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jacksonville Jaguars 2017 Season Outlook

5 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Nobody is worried about Seattle week 14? I'll likely be streaming another D

Not too worried about Seattle. Should get obscene amounts of pressure on that O-Line

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Nobody is worried about Seattle week 14? I'll likely be streaming another D

Seattle might score some points, but Jags DLine will abuse Seattle's offensive lineman and Wilson will have nowhere to throw. Not one bit worried.

19 minutes ago, bdsco337 said:

JAGS D will win people championships this year.

ROS:

LAC

CLE

ARI

IND

SEA

HOU

SF

TEN

Only game that worries me is Seattle. The really turn things up towards the end of the season, but that O line should give up quite a few sacks (which is what I also expected this past weekend, but somehow Cinci's O line protected Dalton).

3 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

I mean Seattle was only able to muster together 14 points at home against the Redskins. They are definitely the team most likely to put up points, but I wouldn't bet on it on the road in Jacksonville.

This Seahawks team has one of the flakiest offenses I have ever seen. I really don't know what to expect from them, week in and week out.

7 minutes ago, GridironWolves said:

Is that gonna be corrected, or does it not count?

People complained to Yahoo about this on twitter and they actually responded and were pretty adamant that the fake punt TD was an offensive TD and not a special teams TD. That special teams only gets credit for return TDs. So no, won't be corrected. 

15 minutes ago, ESquared said:

People complained to Yahoo about this on twitter and they actually responded and were pretty adamant that the fake punt TD was an offensive TD and not a special teams TD. That special teams only gets credit for return TDs. So no, won't be corrected. 

Load of BS.

But if the opposing team returns the punt for a touchdown, it still counts as special teams...

Makes no sense. 

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Load of BS.

But if the opposing team returns the punt for a touchdown, it still counts as special teams...

Makes no sense. 

Think of it this way:  If I go for it on fourth down and score a touchdown, should it go to special teams?  Because that's what they did.  Being in punt formation doesn't change anything.  Now if they punted and the chargers fumbled and Jax scored, that would be different.

14 minutes ago, bobbym said:

Off topic but wow the Jags had no business winning that game yesterday .. Chargers choked that game and their season away yesterday

Bortles tried his hardest to lose the game. But the Chargers sucked even more. They got away from running it for some reason and decided to let Bortles attempt to lose the game for them. They will probably not try that again.

It was odd, but the chargers did have two weeks to prepare.  Not sure how this Jax team can have multiple ten sack games along with zero sack games.  Still the only defense I want this year, with apologies to Philly.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Haven't had this much fun owning a defense since I started playing fantasy.

It really is a lot of fun.  The leagues I'm in have pretty absurd bonuses for DTDs and STTDs.  I'm going to have to see if this defense is outscoring the Bears defense when Devin Hester was doing such a great job on returns.

If they can stay focused, this defense can get them to the super bowl even with Bortles as QB.