NBC Sports Edge Forums

10.26.17 -- TNF: Miami Dolphins @ Baltimore Ravens Game Thread

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dropped Collins this week but still not that sad. It's not that I ever doubted his talent, besides his ball security issues. He's just in a crappy situation. They haven't dominated many games like this and probably won't very often. This seems like a trap game similar to what Darkwa did a couple weeks ago. People will start Collins next week and Baltimore will get boat raced and Collins will post his typical line of 12 carries for 50 yards with no catches. 

2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I dropped Collins this week but still not that sad. It's not that I ever doubted his talent, besides his ball security issues. He's just in a crappy situation. They haven't dominated many games like this and probably won't very often. This seems like a trap game similar to what Darkwa did a couple weeks ago. People will start Collins next week and Baltimore will get boat raced and Collins will post his typical line of 12 carries for 50 yards with no catches. 

I own both. RB is roooough this season. 

Just now, ColoWrex said:

Are these idiots really trying to defend the Kiko hit on Flacco?  LOL

Yeah I get what they're trying to say but Alonso could've pulled up, so even if he hit Flacco he wouldn't have KO'ed him.

8 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I kind of see what you are saying. The question to ask is if Flacco could have slid earlier. The answer is yes...but he wanted that first down. Defender was standing right on first down line and was not going to let it happen.

If Alonso was just trying to defend the 1st down and was surprised by Flacco's late slide then I'd expect him to have gone high, more or less over Flacco. The fact that he got down that low and drove his arm/elbow into Flacco's head tells me he was making an effort to have Flacco eat it. 

I agree in real time I was thinking "Flacco needs to slide" like 5 yards earlier than he did, so I'm not upset with the contact, but Alonso to me definitely had intent to crush Flacco to the fullest. When you scramble out of the pocket that's what you get, but it's not cool when you're targeting someone's head. 

5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

are you watching the game ? they werent dominating anything.... and today was the first time he actually got some goal line carries..