NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mookie Betts 2018 Outlook

Arrowhead

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Definitely the MVP in the best player sense.  JD will probably take some votes away.  Trout’s Angels suck so hopefully he doesn’t get it.  KRUSH Davis is the underrated mvp candidate this dudes tear has coincided with A’s being unreal hot.  Should put up a 45+-125+ campaign.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, whyamiajetfan said:

This is great. The fantasy version. I present to you the real life Boston writer hot take:

Once Pedroia returns next season, Betts will likely move back to the outfield. The problem is, it’s a crowded place. Yoenis Cespedes – who’s performed as advertised since joining the Red Sox – is penciled in to left field. Castillo will be in center if all goes according to plan, and Shane Victorino should man right field. Unless the Red Sox try Betts at third base, he’s seemingly the odd man out.

The other two top prospects in the Red Sox system are left-handed pitcher Henry Owens and switch-hitting catcher Blake Swihart. Given the positions they play, it would be difficult for the club to surrender them in a trade for a veteran starting pitcher this winter. But Betts is expendable, and his success in the Major Leagues may make him the most valuable commodity the Red Sox have to deal.

https://www.americaninno.com/boston/mookie-betts-red-sox-stats-why-the-red-sox-should-trade-mookie-betts/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

This is great. The fantasy version. I present to you the real life Boston writer hot take:

Once Pedroia returns next season, Betts will likely move back to the outfield. The problem is, it’s a crowded place. Yoenis Cespedes – who’s performed as advertised since joining the Red Sox – is penciled in to left field. Castillo will be in center if all goes according to plan, and Shane Victorino should man right field. Unless the Red Sox try Betts at third base, he’s seemingly the odd man out.

The other two top prospects in the Red Sox system are left-handed pitcher Henry Owens and switch-hitting catcher Blake Swihart. Given the positions they play, it would be difficult for the club to surrender them in a trade for a veteran starting pitcher this winter. But Betts is expendable, and his success in the Major Leagues may make him the most valuable commodity the Red Sox have to deal.

https://www.americaninno.com/boston/mookie-betts-red-sox-stats-why-the-red-sox-should-trade-mookie-betts/

I think @KingJoffrey might have written that. 

• Haha 1

All you have to do is go back to the beginning of this thread to see some cringeworthy and ridiculous takes on Mookie.

Someone legitimately compared him to Kevin Kiermaier.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Lol

i actually agree with him.  i dont like giving MVPs to DHs but i think JD Mart is the front runner unless Betts or JoRam have big Septembers and JD slides

edit: actually i might give it to JoRam cuz he plays defense and is gonna have 30-35 steals. its really who has the best September i think

Edited by jfazz23