NBC Sports Edge Forums

Weather 2017 Season Outlook

58 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Possible bad weather in the Philly game but what’s everyone gonna do bench Wentz? Lmao YAH RIGHT. 

I think the fact that Philly can possibly run at will over the 9ers most of the game is more worrisome for Wentz than the weather. 

Are we getting conflicting forecasts in Buffalo?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sun Tzu changed the title to Weather 2017 Season Outlook

out for morning run, was drizzling and winds were gusting ... dunno how it's playing across the river, but keep in mind that the new MetLife stadium is an enclosed behemoth, unlike the old Giants Stadium, which was open on both ends ... if you recall highlights from the older stadium, you'd see debris and garbage, etc blowing around everywhere on the field  - it was a feakin' wind tunnel, and it swirled about in there however it damn well pleased. 

in short, some of the major gusts may be mitigated by the new configuration ... it was a design necessity when constructing that monstrosity.

1 hour ago, Baldy8 said:

Yea it's pretty much the same in Philly. I'm starting R Wilson over Wentz today.

thats actually not a bad play espically hoston being hurt on defense i think J.Clowney is out for this game as well or atleast banged up

Edited by JrsKars
1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

out for morning run, was drizzling and winds were gusting ... dunno how it's playing across the river, but keep in mind that the new MetLife stadium is an enclosed behemoth, unlike the old Giants Stadium, which was open on both ends ... if you recall highlights from the older stadium, you'd see debris and garbage, etc blowing around everywhere on the field  - it was a feakin' wind tunnel, and it swirled about in there however it damn well pleased. 

in short, some of the major gusts may be mitigated by the new configuration ... it was a design necessity when constructing that monstrosity.

Very little wind here 25 miles SW of the stadium (near Florham Park).   Light rain just started about 30 min ago.

I think the only games that are to worry is 

Philly vs 49ers

NJ Vs Falcons

Cowboys/Washington looks decent as far as wind is concerned, rain will be in the 2nd half.  IMO Kirk crushed GB in 20-30mph winds last year so I wouldn't look to much into that, only kickers.

Buffalo looks fine for kickoff just a bit wet.

12 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

It's a bit wet here in Buffalo today, with some wind. About 40 degrees. Not a pleasant day, really. Wind I'd say is around 10-12 MPH.

thoughts on Tyrod in these conditions, factoring in the Oakland secondary being so banged up?