NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Weather 2017 Season Outlook

Mr.E

If they took away their bye, it would be pretty messed up. Its like taking away your lunch break at work or something along those lines. Everyone depends on those byes to rest up, recover from injuries, visit their families, etc. I dont know how the politics, rules, ethics works on all that but wouldnt the players union (or whatever represents players rights) fight for a better solution than having them play all those games in a row?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Week 1 bye for both squads is gonna be the decision.

I gotta have the bench step up for Jameis and Devante now. 

I have Parker in 1 league and was planning on using Rodgers as a flex in 2 other leagues. I am Ok there as I stack my bench with WRs/RBs and have the depth. The impact for me is at QB as I drafted Jameis as a starter in 2 of my leagues and I didn't draft a backup as I don't like carrying two QBs. I don't like having to drop someone already, most likely a flier I am intrigued by (like Cooper Kupp) to pick up a fill-in at QB for Week 1.

1 hour ago, Elcapitan said:

If they took away their bye, it would be pretty messed up. Its like taking away your lunch break at work or something along those lines. Everyone depends on those byes to rest up, recover from injuries, visit their families, etc. I dont know how the politics, rules, ethics works on all that but wouldnt the players union (or whatever represents players rights) fight for a better solution than having them play all those games in a row?

Players lost a lot of their rights when they signed that CBA agreement 

Edited by Conscious Pilot

2 hours ago, ESquared said:

I have Parker in 1 league and was planning on using Rodgers as a flex in 2 other leagues. I am Ok there as I stack my bench with WRs/RBs and have the depth. The impact for me is at QB as I drafted Jameis as a starter in 2 of my leagues and I didn't draft a backup as I don't like carrying two QBs. I don't like having to drop someone already, most likely a flier I am intrigued by (like Cooper Kupp) to pick up a fill-in at QB for Week 1.

Not good for fantasy leagues at all.  This one game (or lack of a game) is going to shape entire seasons.  People are going to be butthurt when they fall behind because of week 1 byes. 

Play it in cleveland. Mercy rule the steelers-browns game at halftime since itll be 35-3...

But seriously this is one hell of a storm. Prayers to the people here in florida. Real life comes before a football game. Stay safe folks.

Edited by mose316

For those that play in head-to-head leagues and have multiple key players out now, just realize that you'll now crush in week 11. It'll suck if you start 0-1, but you're ultimately just shuffling which week these players won't help you. Plus, it's probably better to be without them now, when you aren't dealing with other byes and injuries. 

Money over everything, including player safety.

As for fantasy it's sucks for week 1, but would help teams that have players on other teams with week 11 byes, which are the panthers colts jets and 49ers. 

I also wonder if someonee like ajayi can handle 16 straight games. 

Edited by Yanksfan06

Just now, kidtwentytwo said:

What other decision was there to make?  

Neutral site. Ironically the latest models are showing the hurricane not even making landfall in Florida anymore, but rather skimming the eastern coast and landing in the Carolinas.  Thankfully Carolina is away so we won't have to worry about that though..

1 minute ago, FFdisciple said:

Neutral site.  I am a Finz fan and want the home game, but player safety comes before revenue for the owners.

Yeah, no one is arguing for them to play in a hurricane. That's a false choice. This is about playing at a neutral site where Miami losing home game revenue vs. forcing both teams to play 16 straight weeks. It's all about money.

From starting Winston and DeSean Jackson in my flex to starting Eli and Rob Kelley. Felt good about my matchup before this week, too.

I'm not a Bucs or Dolphins fan but I think it's a little silly to take away their week 11 bye and force them to play 16 straight weeks. 

• Sun Tzu changed the title to Weather 2017 Season Outlook