NBC Sports Edge Forums

Weather 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, jadakid said:

Yeah that GB weather looks terrible.  I have Lutz going and not feeling good about it, but leaving him in. Don’t wanna drop him or pick up a 2nd kicker. I’d downgrade a bit. Also starting Hundley over Winston, so not too excited there either. 

cant chance it..it will drive me nuts if they go for 2..wind is at 11mph..im dropping lutz :(

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philly this Sunday ... 100% chance of rain, very heavy at times, winds at 15 mph, with heavier gusts possible. 

DC has a similar forecast, though only 97% chance of rain :lol:

Tampa will be dry, but 20mph winds throughout the game. 

20 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Philly this Sunday ... 100% chance of rain, very heavy at times, winds at 15 mph, with heavier gusts possible. 

Very good to know. As someone that planned on starting all of Wentz, Ertz, Elliot AND Garcon... I may have to sit at least Garcon.

22 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Looks like a Hyde and Martin run game coming up.

25 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Philly this Sunday ... 100% chance of rain, very heavy at times, winds at 15 mph, with heavier gusts possible

Yep, nearly 3" of rain forecast.  Also, Lincoln Financial Field is grass, not turf.  Our starters could literally get bogged down in the mud in this one.  Bummer. 

4 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Yep, nearly 3" of rain forecast.  Also, Lincoln Financial Field is grass, not turf.  Our starters could literally get bogged down in the mud in this one.  Bummer. 

Elliot and Gould are absolutely not usable by any stretch - and they've been ringing up tons of points (especially Elliot). 

and what looked like a strong Iggles D/ST play could go in the other direction, inasmuch that most of the hay was gonna be made on sacks, ints ... but we might just see Hyde run it 30 times, with Beathard operating a more read option type of attack ... maybe rivaling the Bears last week in Carolina with only 8 or so pass attempts. 

18 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Very good to know. As someone that planned on starting all of Wentz, Ertz, Elliot AND Garcon... I may have to sit at least Garcon.

if its suppose to rain hard  in the philly-SF game im going to bench Z.Ertz and play A.Cooper 

17 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Might have to bench Wentz, Jake Elliot, and Garçon this week. Unreal 

Bummer, but hard for Wentz to put up great numbers in weather like that.  Same with the others.

14 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

The Elliot thing is a big bummer.  In the midst of bye weeks, how in the world can you spot start a different K, assuming you don't want to lose Eliot ROS?

yeah, that's killer, totally blows for those owners (Denver next week, then the Philly bye)

as far as replacements- Prater and Fairbairn may have been dropped due to their byes in week seven ... both with live legs, going against defenses that may make reaching the end zone a bit tough for their respective offenses. 

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Elliot and Gould are absolutely not usable by any stretch - and they've been ringing up tons of points (especially Elliot). 

and what looked like a strong Iggles D/ST play could go in the other direction, inasmuch that most of the hay was gonna be made on sacks, ints ... but we might just see Hyde run it 30 times, with Beathard operating a more read option type of attack ... maybe rivaling the Bears last week in Carolina with only 8 or so pass attempts. 

I was thinking the opposite, that it is even a better play (Philly D). Keeps the scoring down for SF  and increases the risk for fumbles, even if it decreases the risk for interceptions.  

45 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

as far as replacements- Prater and Fairbairn may have been dropped due to their byes in week seven ... both with live legs, going against defenses that may make reaching the end zone a bit tough for their respective offenses. 

Yea, hated to do it, but I swapped out Elliot for Prater.

Bullock @ Indy is another sneaky good option IMO..  

40 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Ugh.....I really don't want to swap Elliot out for one game.

Arrrgghh ... I agree, this could be an ugly game. It could be worse ......

cb09mhs.jpg

Edited by wahl35
  • Sun Tzu changed the title to Weather 2017 Season Outlook