NBC Sports Edge Forums

Waiver Wire Touts - Week 3

The week 3 Waiver Wire Touts thread, is for naming Waiver Wire pickups for the week and beyond. General player discussion belongs in player threads.

Add/Drop questions, How do you rank these guys, Who should I pickup?, etc...

Those type of questions need to be posted in the Assistant Coach Forum.

Cool Stories, belong in the 2017-2018 Cool Story Bro

Thanks!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up Harkless, Dinwiddie, Poeltl.

Muscala (great FT%, decent low-end 1 / 1 / 1 potential with a sprinkle of other stats, Ilyasova is out up to 2 weeks - he's a super slow healer).. if he plays well perhaps he can just work himself into the starting spot over Ilyasova (who's been horrible). 

Harkless (25% owned, shooting FT% well to start the year, FG% will uptick back to his 50% norm, sneaky top 75 rank in the past week, starting to get heavy minutes)

Dinwiddie (17% owned - underrated imo) nice handcuff with Russell's knee issues, and can take over Lin's combo guard role. Seems to be gaining trust of Atkinson, perfect offensive system. Currently ranked 44th in Yahoo!.. 11 / 3.1 / 5.6 / 1.1 with 1.4 3's and 86% FT on 3 attempts.. that's immense value for a guy with this % of ownership.

Poeltl is another guy, I dropped Hernangomez for him with a 4 game road slate for the Raptors out-west.. not sure how to feel about him yet.. if he has surpassed Nog on the depth chart then he has 12 team appeal with very nice per-minute stats.. cheap double/double/blocks and even steals... high FG%.

Siakam is another guy to keep on your watch-list. Ibaka's minutes haven't been trending well.

Edited by Lifschitz
2 minutes ago, hoopking said:

etwaun!

He's a decent short-term rental, things just get so muddled once Rondo returns. He had temp-value last year too along with Frazier, and they both died when Jrue returned. I'm not confident in Gentry's ability to recognize he's got talented guards on the roster that are better suited around Cousins / AD as marksmen. 

Stanley Johnson seems to have earned his spot. Averaging about 36 mins in his last 3 games and no real competition at sf in Detroit. I was expecting bigger things of him last year but he never came through. Maybe this is the year he will finally make an impact and be more fantasy relevant.

6 hours ago, ctrlsoul said:

Henson if you believe in Kidd's rotation

Holmes might be back on Friday

Yep Holmes for sure - he’ll be solid as a backup, but you hit the lottery if Embiid goes down injured again.

13 minutes ago, x2tweaker said:

Greg Monroe out for 2 weeks... John Henson looking like the more attractive pick over Thon Maker?

Myself i definatly think henson is the smart pick over thon maker

5 minutes ago, x2tweaker said:

Frank Kaminsky?

Depends on who you drop, he has a tendency to go off for 4 games then play a few bad games then repeats the process and this season looks the same. Frank K is owned in my league (12 team 9 cat). I view him as a 3s/pts boom or bust who sprinkles in boards and assists (so if that's what you're looking for).

Plus a few things to note; Zeller just got back, and MKGs minutes are increasing. Both could steal minutes from him.

Some may disagree but I have more confidence in Jonathon Simmons moving forward.

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic