NBC Sports Edge Forums

Waiver Wire Touts - Week 3

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, DJDJP said:

Had Rodney hood start with T. Evans on the bench last night.......... not smart.. 

Didnt watch the game tho did he just have a bad night??

I got Hood too. Guy couldn't hit a shot (0-11) and was benched in the end.

Still the go to option in the first string, keep your fingers crossed. D Mitchell coming strong, when he gets the opportunity.

1 hour ago, NBA_OG said:

I got Hood too. Guy couldn't hit a shot (0-11) and was benched in the end.

Still the go to option in the first string, keep your fingers crossed. D Mitchell coming strong, when he gets the opportunity.

Well the best of luck to both of us i guess hah 

Maybe adding too late to help anybody but I needed someone playing Thurs and/or Sat and am in a tight battle this week, particularly with blocks.

Considered Ed Davis but my opponent snatched him up yesterday morning.

So I went with Old Man David West and he came thru with 3 blocks in less than 13 minutes last night.  Of course the minutes are capped on the very low side but he's blocking shots at an insane rate right now.  He's averaging 1.7 per game and over 5 blocks per 36 min for the season.

In his last 6 games his block line is 3,2,1,2,3,3 3 despite minutes being just 12, 10, 15, 12, 12, 13.

Now he will probably throw up a goose egg on Saturday but if you are in a deep league and need to stream blocks with a light NBA schedule on Saturday, West is worth a look.  

I see a lot of you guys touting Nwaba. He's worth an add in some leagues, and definitely some team makeups. I watched him plenty on the Lakers and studied up prior to his callup. He's a good energy guy, but temper your expectations. You may be looking at his ranks for the past week. They're artificially inflated by his steal numbers (which are elite, and possibly sustainable, but probably not) and the 0 turnovers (obviously not sustainable). Don't drop anything you'll regret later. 

14 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Granted, I haven’t looked at the previous pages, but you guys are touting Nwaba over Dunn?

I know the blurbs think Dunn will supplant Grant, but I’m wondering if he’ll reach Nwaba minutes.

Dunn's already gone in all 4 of my leagues (hence the NWA tout)

I picked up Gallinari, he was getting dropped in a fair amount of leagues during his cold streak. Big mistake. Dude hits FT's at a very high clip, he's shooting 7 3's a game, low TO's, 5 RB per game is respectable, and he'll get ya 3 assists a night. His numbers are gonna start going up as he acclimates himself to the Clippers O. I snatched him on Halloween. He plays his first game for me today, I'm curious to see how he does. I had a chance to get Kuzma, but I'm trusting the process and waiting for Gallo to become his old self again. With him being healthy, that's a strong possibility. He'll post 6-7th round value for the rest of the year IMO.

2 minutes ago, 12345game10 said:

Will he? Tatum has been unreal

I think so. Morris can play both the SF/PF, and he's their most talented big off the bench. Will probably run him with Horford and Tatum down low for their smaller lineups. 

14 minutes ago, #coco said:

I think so. Morris can play both the SF/PF, and he's their most talented big off the bench. Will probably run him with Horford and Tatum down low for their smaller lineups. 

You think Tatum will lose a lot of minutes?

I have had Kyle Anderson the past couple of weeks . He doesn't even have a thread here .  Gave 3 blocks per game for the last 2 games.  Averaging  8 pts 7 boards a block and 2 assists from the pF position with solid %.  Could do a lot worse on the wire and he is outperforming bigger name guys like Ibaka . Will probably evaporate when Kwai returns but for now he is solid . Surprised he is never mentioned when guys went bonkers for the Dillon Brooks of the world.

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic