Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tommy Pham 2018 Outlook


brockpapersizer

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man is on a mission:

 

Tommy Pham is starting in center field and hitting second on Thursday afternoon against the Mets.
Pham sliced open his forehead on Wednesday night while taking warmup swings with a resistance band, but the cut did not require stitches and he cleared MLB's concussion protocol. The dynamic 30-year-old outfielder is batting .343/.471/.514 with three home runs and five stolen bases through 21 games this season. Apr 26 - 11:00 AM
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jeffr913 said:

 Interview was badass!!! I like owning him a lot more now

 

Please do yourself a favor and read his SI feature if you haven't already. He's a fascinating guy and extremely focused and motivated. I can see his personality rubbing people the wrong way, but I find his brutal honesty refreshing. 

 

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/04/02/tommy-pham-st-louis-cardinals

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

 

Please do yourself a favor and read his SI feature if you haven't already. He's a fascinating guy and extremely focused and motivated. I can see his personality rubbing people the wrong way, but I find his brutal honesty refreshing. 

 

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/04/02/tommy-pham-st-louis-cardinals

 

 

that was great

 

i actually like him even more.

 

question to all.  is Tommy pham a free agent after this year? he turned down a 2 year deal and is making 580k this year.

 

after this interview, i hope he has a big year and gets a 4 or 5 year deal for 15-20mil per...i like his story

 

edit: nevermind, he wont be a FA until after 2021 season when hes 33....damn that sucks

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

that was great

 

i actually like him even more.

 

question to all.  is Tommy pham a free agent after this year? he turned down a 2 year deal and is making 580k this year.

 

after this interview, i hope he has a big year and gets a 4 or 5 year deal for 15-20mil per...i like his story

 

He's arbitration eligible at the end of 2018 so he should get a must needed raise 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, to_be_quite_frank said:

 

He's arbitration eligible at the end of 2018 so he should get a must needed raise 

yea i edited my post. he a FA in after 2021.

 

so it looks like 2019, 2020, 2021 will be arbitration.  if he keeps playing like this hell get a big raise.  lets say hes a 300 25/25 player...what type of money would he get???

Link to post
Share on other sites

What head gash?  Just a cool 4 for 5 with two runs and an RBI.  And, although caught, attempted a steal.  Two great games excluding missing  the remainder of yesterday with the cut.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

 

Please do yourself a favor and read his SI feature if you haven't already. He's a fascinating guy and extremely focused and motivated. I can see his personality rubbing people the wrong way, but I find his brutal honesty refreshing. 

 

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/04/02/tommy-pham-st-louis-cardinals

 

 

Wow thank you so much that article was touching

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

 

Please do yourself a favor and read his SI feature if you haven't already. He's a fascinating guy and extremely focused and motivated. I can see his personality rubbing people the wrong way, but I find his brutal honesty refreshing. 

 

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/04/02/tommy-pham-st-louis-cardinals

 

 

thanks for posting, this was a really good read

 

loved this part and so should the rest of his owners (this probably also explains how it is possible that a guy with one good eye is also a national league mvp candidate):

 

“A lot of guys in this game are complacent,” Pham says. “They’ll say, I wanna run faster, lemme go run some sprints. I say, I wanna run faster. I’ll look at my mechanics and see I have a bad knee drive. What causes a bad knee drive? I lack ankle mobility. O.K., so if I fix my ankle mobility, I can achieve a dorsiflex position which could drive my knee up. O.K., I need to improve my stride frequency. Let me go run 30-degree incline sprints at 18 miles per hour so I can improve my stride frequency. And let me do some overspeed training so I can train my neuromuscular system to run faster than I’m biologically capable of. You know what I mean. Guys don’t do that s---. They don’t break it down like that.”

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bluefrogguy said:

I guess my "never trust 30 year old breakouts with keratoconus" axiom is proven false.

 

There's a lot to like here but we're far from a point where anything is "proven". More risk adverse owners might even want to field offers as his value right now is probably at its highest. Especially in a league where stolen bases are increasingly more scarce.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EmbargoLifted said:

 

There's a lot to like here but we're far from a point where anything is "proven". More risk adverse owners might even want to field offers as his value right now is probably at its highest. Especially in a league where stolen bases are increasingly more scarce.

 

I traded the Pham and Corey Seager for Trea Turner and Andujar. I would not accept anything less than 1st or 2nd round talent in return 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...