NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Nwaba 2017-2018 Season Outlook

13 hours ago, miasma16 said:

I may be going out on a limb here, but punting 5 categories doesn't seem like a good idea.

There are leagues with more then 9 cats...pts/3s/ast is somewhat related if you have team with lot of guys like Gobert,Nwaba,J.Allen.

Turnovers no,as these are always low TO teams

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Justin Holiday will not play on Thursday against the 76ers. He's not even going to be in uniform, so this is a plot twist from the Bulls saying he'd be in the rotation. The easy analysis here i

O man...I'm torn between going out and buying a Nwaba jersey and wearing it to work every day or just legally changing my name to David Nwaba...decisions decisions....   Hes a beeeassstttttt

You cant spell NwaBA without NBA...MdaVidP!    

Posted Images

14 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Crap, this is what i was worried about.  Can’t replace his steals on the wire.  Chance he still sees his 30+ minutes?

Dare I say...  Mclemore!  Never thought he would actually learn to play NBA basketball but...  tanking.  

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Dang y'all really know how to overreact to one game. How about waiting to see how Chicago's rotations look over a couple of games? Or is that too foreign a concept?

If he gets 30ish minutes, he's good to go and should be owned in 12 teamers.  If he gets in the low 20s, he's probably not and, other than niche roles or streaming, he probably shouldn't.  The NBA swooped in and said the Bulls need to play Holiday and Lopez.  Holiday's effect is obvious, Lopez's is a trickle down one because with him they're more likely to go big and when they go big, Nwaba is less likely to play.  Right now, he's looking less like 30ish minutes and more like low 20s.

Of course that can change.  Things changed from just a few days ago, when I posted in this thread that him being in the starting lineup meant another week of production.  They can certainly change back.  But that's not how it is right now.

I'm not going to hold him in the hopes that things change again.  That's like holding on to a guy hoping for an injury to make him worthwhile. Sure, it could happen, but I don't want to be sitting around holding the bag while I wait.  Especially this time of year.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Dang y'all really know how to overreact to one game. How about waiting to see how Chicago's rotations look over a couple of games? Or is that too foreign a concept?

No one can really wait to see how rotations shake up when playoffs start in a few days. At this stage, you stream the hot adds and hope they stick with enough value to ride them out, otherwise move on to the next hot wire add and repeat. Nwaba has no track record so when he moves back to bench and has a dud, you don't give a leash, you drop. No one is going to be waiver claiming him I can guarantee you that. 

2 minutes ago, richg24 said:

No one can really wait to see how rotations shake up when playoffs start in a few days. At this stage, you stream the hot adds and hope they stick with enough value to ride them out, otherwise move on to the next hot wire add and repeat. Nwaba has no track record so when he moves back to bench and has a dud, you don't give a leash, you drop. No one is going to be waiver claiming him I can guarantee you that. 

Don't forget there are different size leagues.  

• Like 1
Just now, skillahmang said:

Same goes for you.

I'm very aware that leagues come in all shapes and sizes Thankyou.  

7 minutes ago, bradychen said:

Dont forget normally we talk only the standard 12 teams here.

Well I've been around here long enough to not assume every persons post is referring to 12 team standard.  I was just commenting on the persons post that "guaranteed" nobody would pick him up if you dropped him.  

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Well I've been around here long enough to not assume every persons post is referring to 12 team standard.  I was just commenting on the persons post that "guaranteed" nobody would pick him up if you dropped him.  

I get your point and agree with you. I guess "guaranteed" is too strong because in a 14 or 16 team league I guess it is possible someone would. But I know you also get the gist of what I am saying based on the knowledge you display in other posts: a few days before playoffs you need to run with a guy that is producing right now and playing strong minutes right now, it is very unwise to wait to see how something plays out this late in the game. 

Some examples:

- Jarret Allen - i was super high on him and owned him multiple times this season, i still am very high on him, but I dropped like 3 days ago when he had 2 duds in a row with under 20 min games (without foul trouble). people prolly thought I jumped ship too early, but i am fairly sure I made the right move, dropping for Noel, who unlike Allen, is on the upswing, getting 27 min last game and the coaches comments suggest that will likely continue. Atkinson is insanely unpredictable and I can't rely at all on Allen. Even if Noel doesn't pan out, I will move on to the next one, or even add Allen again if he isn't claimed and bounces back next game. you have to be fast in competitive leagues and take risks, including drop risks, when there is a high upside guy on the wire.

I did the same things with WCS (injured, no return date yet), and Nwaba - dropping for Chriss, and Harrell respectively, also both guys on the upswing, compared to WCS being injured and unknown and Nwaba going back to bench with lesser minutes.

if these moves pan out for me, that can win the league. 

• Like 2