NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Nwaba 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Justin Holiday will not play on Thursday against the 76ers. He's not even going to be in uniform, so this is a plot twist from the Bulls saying he'd be in the rotation. The easy analysis here i

O man...I'm torn between going out and buying a Nwaba jersey and wearing it to work every day or just legally changing my name to David Nwaba...decisions decisions....   Hes a beeeassstttttt

You cant spell NwaBA without NBA...MdaVidP!    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bradychen said:

I can bet my farm he wont be doing 1.5blk. At best 1.0blk, and that is already very impressive.

He has a 6’-11” wingspan.

fultz has a 7’-0” wingspan and is an elite shotblocker for his position.

nwaba definitely has the physical tools to become an elite level shot blocker

Haven't seen him play at all. Looking at his #'s so far (small sample size), first comparison that comes to mind is Ronnie Brewer in his Utah days (first 3 yrs).  Long wingspan for wing, not a big scorer, good FG% on low usage, defensive stats, not good shooter (3pt or FT).  Obviously some differences like height, reb, blks, etc.

My question is what is his role on offense (what is he expected to do, what's his shot selection like, etc.)?  Brewer seemed to do a lot of finishing around the hoop playing with Deron Williams and Boozer I think and wasn't asked to create much but Bulls don't seem to have many playmakers.  

His FG% this year and last is in the mid-50's but BBM projects low 40's.  So this is something I'm curious about.  Any Bulls fans have any insight here?  

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, reagan said:

My question is what is his role on offense (what is he expected to do, what's his shot selection like, etc.)?  Brewer seemed to do a lot of finishing around the hoop playing with Deron Williams and Boozer I think and wasn't asked to create much but Bulls don't seem to have many playmakers.  

He hasn't been creating, but he's been crashing the boards like an animal.  It doesn't show any signs of stopping.  Whoever compared him to Covington is on point.  That's his role, although obviously it'd be surprising if he was nearly as good.

4 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

He hasn't been creating, but he's been crashing the boards like an animal.  It doesn't show any signs of stopping.  Whoever compared him to Covington is on point.  That's his role, although obviously it'd be surprising if he was nearly as good.

Covington is a remarkably bad comparison for obvious reasons, especially following a Ronnie Brewer comparison that made plenty of sense. 

1 minute ago, Rainsford said:

If he develops a 3 point stroke then he would be Covingtonesque .  But the sample size is really small and what happens when Portis or Mirotic return ?  I picked him up anyway because I had nothing to lose .

They are both PF. and I dont think Portis is ever going to play again...

31 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Covington is a remarkably bad comparison for obvious reasons, especially following a Ronnie Brewer comparison that made plenty of sense. 

Well, that's wrong.

He produces defensive stats without usage rate.  

The Ronnie Brewer comparison makes very little sense, for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

How is he remotely comparable to Covington? I get the defensive side. But Scoring, 3's?

I'm talking about their ability to be relevant while not taking up a team's usage.  In 2013, Covington averaged 13 points and 2 threes.  In games Nwaba has played over 20 minutes this year, he's averaging 11 points and 1 three.

Clearly, I'm not saying Nwaba is even close to being as good as Covington.  If he was, he wouldn't been drafted in fantasy leagues this year.  

Just saying they're the same type of player in that they get theirs without needing to have the offense cater to them.

A bad comparison would be Ronnie Brewer, though.

http://history.basketballmonster.com/Player/Details/2583?name=Ronnie_Brewer

what a shame.... saw the injury.. he stepped on Jameer Nelson's foot as he was running full speed and was trying to change directions to avoid the charge.. looked brutal.  Pretty sure he'll be out for a couple weeks because of this...

What bad timing! I feel bad for the kid who just got a good thing going.

Well, before the injury, he was active once again, and being a swiss army knife. I made the RoCo comp. It's a bit off, because Nwaba has no shot, and though RoCo has always had a poor FG%, he has consistently jacked up 3s.

Here's a good comp: Crash, aka Gerald Wallace. Early in his career, he could not shoot. In his breakout year in Charlotte, in 30min/game, he averaged 11 pts, 5.5 boards, 1.7 steals and 1.3 blks. 

6 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

What bad timing! I feel bad for the kid who just got a good thing going.

Well, before the injury, he was active once again, and being a swiss army knife. I made the RoCo comp. It's a bit off, because Nwaba has no shot, and though RoCo has always had a poor FG%, he has consistently jacked up 3s.

Here's a good comp: Crash, aka Gerald Wallace. Early in his career, he could not shoot. In his breakout year in Charlotte, in 30min/game, he averaged 11 pts, 5.5 boards, 1.7 steals and 1.3 blks. 

Crash was a lot bigger than this guy . He was a monster on the boards some years .  I like the RoCo with no 3 point shot  comparison better .

• 2 weeks later...