NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Nwaba 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Friday marks two weeks since David Nwaba severely sprained his right ankle. The Bulls initially said he would miss two to four weeks, and Hoiberg confirmed it won't be two.

"He still has some soreness, especially when he cuts," Hoiberg said. "We miss David a lot. He's a downhill threat and very athletic wing who can get into the paint. We miss his defensive intensity and rebounding. The important thing is to get him right.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-lauri-markkanen-starter-bulls-notes-spt-1116-20171115-story.html

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Justin Holiday will not play on Thursday against the 76ers. He's not even going to be in uniform, so this is a plot twist from the Bulls saying he'd be in the rotation. The easy analysis here i

O man...I'm torn between going out and buying a Nwaba jersey and wearing it to work every day or just legally changing my name to David Nwaba...decisions decisions....   Hes a beeeassstttttt

You cant spell NwaBA without NBA...MdaVidP!    

Posted Images

Just now, stevenzhang said:

Nwaba didn't finish the game because of his ankle but it looks like he should be ready for the next game. He's too good to be behind Denzel Valentine. My only worry is that Zach Lavine is going to take over and make him useless in January or February.

I would think others would lose time, like Valentine, over someone like nwaba. Nwaba brings an energy no one on the bulls can match. Doesn't matter if he's starting or off the bench.  He's more of a deep league savior than anything else. When you have an end of the bench guy giving you all the hustle and counting stats he can put up in 20 minutes.  He's invaluable in that regard. I'm not worried about Lavine. 

• Like 1

9 rebs 5 assists in 22 minutes in his first game back Friday. No stocks but he had 10 stocks in the 4 games prior to his ankle injury. 

Scooped him this morning and looking for some production for at least a few weeks while I, and most of us, deal with injuries.

Interested in watching him play for the 1st time tonight.

ETA- Somehow I missed the most recent posts.  Any updates on ankle?

Edited by VaTerp
22 minutes ago, VaTerp said:

9 rebs 5 assists in 22 minutes in his first game back Friday. No stocks but he had 10 stocks in the 4 games prior to his ankle injury. 

Scooped him this morning and looking for some production for at least a few weeks while I, and most of us, deal with injuries.

Interested in watching him play for the 1st time tonight.

ETA- Somehow I missed the most recent posts.  Any updates on ankle?

He wasn't officially listed on any injury report. I was watching the game and noticed that he was limping after a play. He didn't come back into the game after that. On Saturday, he said his ankle hasn't fully healed which would explain why he didn't play on Thursday even though he was listed as available.

“It’s still not fully healed,” the Bulls guard admitted Saturday."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-notes-david-nwaba-20171202-story.html

Edited by stevenzhang
2 minutes ago, doomz said:

well, this guy is good.

Agreed. Plays with a motor and edge. Love the kid. But that depth chart is not friendly with Valentine, Portis, and Mirotic back, and Levine coming.

On the other hand, Nwaba just is passing and dunking on the regular here. Guess we would have to root for him to displace Valentine. 

He has outplayed and out-hustled Valentine all night, and is now in at crunch time. With the starters. I think I will hold Nwaba to see how this plays out.

Bulls up by 4 vs. Hornets, btw, with 1:12 left to play.

21 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Just worry about lavine coming back

If Lavine returns, their best SF option is Nwaba. They need a glue guy to pair with Lavine and Dunn Mark. They don't need another trigger happy player like Holiday, it will mess up chemistry

2 hours ago, sya said:

If Lavine returns, their best SF option is Nwaba. They need a glue guy to pair with Lavine and Dunn Mark. They don't need another trigger happy player like Holiday, it will mess up chemistry

Nwaba is only 6"4, is it tall enough for SF?

48 minutes ago, bradychen said:

Doesn't matter when you have a 20' wingspan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, bradychen said:

Height is not really a big issue now, his play style fits perfectly beside Lavine and Dunn. He doesn't need ball in his hands, he does the dirty things. If he can develop a 3 ball, then he will be a prototype 3 & d guy, and when I say D, not only D like bruce bowen who is great defender but doesn't put up the in steals and blocks. This guy has upside to be stocks galore

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

This guy is basically Nance Jr. Jr.   .   If you need a Nance but don't wanna pay Nance prices,  this is your man. 

I already have Nance, should I have Nance Jr. Jr.?

By the way, does he do assist? or just fluke

2 minutes ago, bradychen said:

I already have Nance, should I have Nance Jr. Jr.?

By the way, does he do assist? or just fluke

I think he can do a little of everything but probably won't be consistent contributing in the Assist category.     And yes, if you like you some Nance.....buy into Nance Jr. Jr. 

• Thanks 1