NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Nwaba 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Justin Holiday will not play on Thursday against the 76ers. He's not even going to be in uniform, so this is a plot twist from the Bulls saying he'd be in the rotation. The easy analysis here i

O man...I'm torn between going out and buying a Nwaba jersey and wearing it to work every day or just legally changing my name to David Nwaba...decisions decisions....   Hes a beeeassstttttt

You cant spell NwaBA without NBA...MdaVidP!    

Posted Images

3 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Does the return of LaVine effect him in terms of playing time?

So that's the big question. I think LaVine's return may help Nwaba. My guess is Valentine is the starter because he has more range, so presumably more offense. When LaVine comes back, they would get the offense from the SG, and would need a great defender at SF. That's Nwaba.

Also note they are not getting great defense out of Lauri/Portis/Mirotic at the 4, so they need it from the SF position.

All this is pure speculation, however, on a very small sample size. Be warned. I've been holding Nwaba on my IL since the first breakout game without Valentine, on the presumption that he can regain the starter spot, so I'm a bit biased.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
8 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

So that's the big question. I think LaVine's return may help Nwaba. My guess is Valentine is the starter because he has more range, so presumably more offense. When LaVine comes back, they would get the offense from the SG, and would need a great defender at SF. That's Nwaba.

Also note they are not getting great defense out of Lauri/Portis/Mirotic at the 4, so they need it from the SF position.

All this is pure speculation, however, on a very small sample size. Be warned. I've been holding Nwaba on my IL since the first breakout game without Valentine, on the presumption that he can regain the starter spot, so I'm a bit biased.

If you had a choice Markieff Morris or nwaba?

Both coming off injuries Markieff already has starters minutes but inconsistent production (and was mostly benched today over Mike Scott...)

... Might even consider dropping d. Carroll for nwaba since I need to identify my streaming slot

2 hours ago, chasmflip said:

If you had a choice Markieff Morris or nwaba?

Both coming off injuries Markieff already has starters minutes but inconsistent production (and was mostly benched today over Mike Scott...)

... Might even consider dropping d. Carroll for nwaba since I need to identify my streaming slot

Morris unless you are punting FT%