NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Nwaba 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Justin Holiday will not play on Thursday against the 76ers. He's not even going to be in uniform, so this is a plot twist from the Bulls saying he'd be in the rotation. The easy analysis here i

O man...I'm torn between going out and buying a Nwaba jersey and wearing it to work every day or just legally changing my name to David Nwaba...decisions decisions....   Hes a beeeassstttttt

You cant spell NwaBA without NBA...MdaVidP!    

Posted Images

Interesting why they are going with Nwaba over Valentine who has had some success as a starter and is a year younger. I don't watch the Bulls so maybe for defense? Either way I don't think it's a lock Nwaba sees big minutes even as a starter.

11 minutes ago, hkchuchu said:

Nwaba if he can stay healthy

Ball is coming back , will hurt Hart

Yea i like Nwaba too plus Hoiberg and Paxson said they would play Nwaba significant minutes for the foreseeable future in blocks of games ...Hoiberg loves Nwaba...like man crush status :wub:...and he plays Thursday... Why the heck not...

2 hours ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Agree with this. 50% fg but 63% ft is the only negative. Good end of the bench glue guy with upside. 

When you say "glue guy", what do you mean? Do you expect Nwaba to bring a healthy environment and positive energy on your fantasy team's locker room? So the rest of your team's production goes up due to good chemistry?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
On 2/20/2018 at 10:30 PM, dfstout said:

Yea i like Nwaba too plus Hoiberg and Paxson said they would play Nwaba significant minutes for the foreseeable future in blocks of games ...Hoiberg loves Nwaba...like man crush status :wub:...and he plays Thursday... Why the heck not...

He definitely has a very friendly schedule the next few days.  Thurs/Sat against Phil and Minnesota

and then Mon/Tues against Bklyn and Charlotte.   

Why the heck not indeed.

Hoping he has improved his FTs

• Like 1

Am I missing something here? Lot of opportunity but seems like he would only be good for specific builds/punts or maybe in points leagues. No 3's (he's made 5 the entire year) and bad FT% (low 60's). Those really hurt coming from a wing. Also doesn't seem to rack up assists. Seems to be really good scoring in the paint though and is a plus in rebs, Fg%, and possibly blocks for his position.

1 hour ago, jrb724 said:

Am I missing something here? Lot of opportunity but seems like he would only be good for specific builds/punts or maybe in points leagues. No 3's (he's made 5 the entire year) and bad FT% (low 60's). Those really hurt coming from a wing. Also doesn't seem to rack up assists. Seems to be really good scoring in the paint though and is a plus in rebs, Fg%, and possibly blocks for his position.

When he was given the opportunity with no looking over his shoulder in the beginning of the year he did very well...but then he got hurt...i think owners are ready to see if that Nwaba shows up again with a plus schedule and stocks opportunities

floor 10/6/1/1/1.5 :mellow:

ceiling 16/ 9/ 1/2/3 :wub:

Edited by dfstout
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, dfstout said:

When he was given the opportunity with no looking over his shoulder in the beginning of the year he did very well...but then he got hurt...i think owners are ready to see if that Nwaba shows up again with a plus schedule and stocks opportunities

floor 10/6/1/1/1.5 :mellow:

ceiling 16/ 9/ 1/2/3 :wub:

8 minutes ago, Rainsford said:

Am I crazy or are you saying his ceiling is averaging 9 rebounds, 2 steals and 3 blocks per game frome the SG position ?

Clarification...on a given nite ...not avg

His per 36 is actually somewhere in between

Floor being the avg

Ceiling being a monster game here n there

Edited by dfstout