NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Nwaba 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Justin Holiday will not play on Thursday against the 76ers. He's not even going to be in uniform, so this is a plot twist from the Bulls saying he'd be in the rotation. The easy analysis here i

O man...I'm torn between going out and buying a Nwaba jersey and wearing it to work every day or just legally changing my name to David Nwaba...decisions decisions....   Hes a beeeassstttttt

You cant spell NwaBA without NBA...MdaVidP!    

Posted Images

Phew! So glad I scooped him yesterday. Let’s hope he can solidify himself with a couple more games like these. Wish I could have watched the game but you have to like what his floor is shaping up to be.

Opportunity... opportunity... opportunity 

1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

Arg i’m torn between him or Josh jackson

decisions... decisions... decisions 

I think it's about team fit. JJ will wreck your FG% but will give you more points and triples, both are bad at FT. Nwaba should be good for FG%, stocks, rebs.

i hate to be mr. Buzzkillington but you should still expect only rebs and stocks by Nwaba. Last night was a great performance against an effortless in defense Knicks team, but he wont hit 3s consistently and he wont score 20 points per game. If he manages to average double digit points would be great. Imo he is like DJnte Marray w/o the assists potential.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Manos A said:

i hate to be mr. Buzzkillington but you should still expect only rebs and stocks by Nwaba. Last night was a great performance against an effortless in defense Knicks team, but he wont hit 3s consistently and he wont score 20 points per game. If he manages to average double digit points would be great. Imo he is like DJnte Marray w/o the assists potential.

They played the Sixers, who rank 4th highest in defensive rating.  As opposed to 18th for the Knicks.  I don't think he'll put up 20 a game either, but he has enough talent to make something out of his (and our) new opportunity.

• Like 5
53 minutes ago, Manos A said:

I usually like your posts.....but in this you are being buzz killington and with wrong information. They played the 6ers last night not the Knicks.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mmcc1029 said:

I usually like your posts.....but in this you are being buzz killington and with wrong information. They played the 6ers last night not the Knicks.

not to mention this guy is still rostering Jason Richardson? maybe he meant Josh Richardson? 

1 hour ago, mmcc1029 said:

2 hours ago, goincommando said:

They played the Sixers, who rank 4th highest in defensive rating.  As opposed to 18th for the Knicks.  I don't think he'll put up 20 a game either, but he has enough talent to make something out of his (and our) new opportunity.

lol scratch that! im tripping man, i apologize for any confusion i brought with my post. I am sill not convinced that he can score in high volumes and hit 3s consistently, even though I get all the hype, last game's numbers is not something im expecting to see often. All im saying is that he doesnt seem to me like a difference maker/ league winning addition but more like a nice end of the bench guy in 10 teamers and definitely in 12+.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Manos A said:

lol scratch that! im tripping man, i apologize for any confusion i brought with my post. I am sill not convinced that he can score in high volumes and hit 3s consistently, even though I get all the hype, last game's numbers is not something im expecting to see often. All im saying is that he doesnt seem to me like a difference maker/ league winning addition but more like a nice end of the bench guy in 10 teamers and definitely in 12+.... 

how many league winning additions are there really in a given season. not that many....dont believe anyone thought nwaba would be that guy....hes exactly as you said, end of the bench guy on your team. if he works out, great, if not, on to the next one

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

how many league winning additions are there really in a given season. not that many....dont believe anyone thought nwaba would be that guy....hes exactly as you said, end of the bench guy on your team. if he works out, great, if not, on to the next one

ok, just that. If you ignore the fact that i messed up the opposing team:lol:, It was a clarification post, to prevent any "overhypication"...

4 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

Definitely is. High motor guy, great defender the coach loves him. The minutes are finally coming. Glad I scooped him up.

I haven't watched the games, but I'm guessing he is going to be a more fantasy friendly player than portis? Heck, he even looks like he will produce more than Lauri..